• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Cat and Dog like Pokemons?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Dog family : Growlithe line, Houndour line, Rockruff & Lycanroc (minus midnight form), Vulpix & Alolan Vulpix line, Lillipup line
    Cat family : Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm Shinx?
    Cat-Dog : All female Eeveelutions (minus Espeon), Entei

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Cats: Regular Meowth line, Snorlax line, Mew, Espeon, Raikou, Entei, Shinx line, Espurr, female Meowstic, and Litten line
    Dogs: Growlithe line, Houndour line, Suicune, Manectric, Riolu line, and Lycanroc-Midnight
    Foxes: Vulpix line, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Zorua line, and Fennekin line

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I'm not really big on cats, and especially not cat Pokemon. I can't think of any of them that appeal to me off the top of my head, TBH.

I am a dog person, and like most dog Pokemon. Houndoom is probably my favorite. Growlithe, Lillipup/Herdier, Furfrou, and Rockruff/Lycanroc (excluding the Midnight form, which I don't care for) are all great, as well.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Cats: Skitty/Delcatty, Litten, Shinx, and Meowstic!

Dogs: Growlithe/Arcanine, Snubble/Granbull, and Rockruff!

:)

Years
    cat must be torracat. fluffy and warm haha
    dog is arcanine. also for the same reasons as torracat :p

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Probably Persian and Arcanine. Although I do like Houndour as well, it reminds me of Rottweilers.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Cats: Skitty/Delcatty
    Dogs: Lillipup, Rockruff

Limiting to Pokemon that are strictly cat/dog and there isn't any room for debate on what they could be haha.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
    Cats: Espurr & Meowstic, Skitty
    Dogs: Furfrou
    I also like the fox based Pokémon like Fennekin, Vulpix, Ninetales, their Alolan counterparts..

Years
    Dog: Houndour, Rockruff
    Cat: Meowth, Persian and Shinx family. I also like Litten and its evoution, but i don't like Incineroar.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Mew, though it also has mouse-like features, is probably my favorite cat-like Pokémon. It's my favorite type of Pokémon card to collect (I'm up to 28 right now). Legendaries/Mythicals aside, I'm torn between Meowth and Persian. Meowth is more nostalgic (I love the my chrome Meowth TOPPS character card and the TCG GB promo), but I'd be more inclined to use the elegant Persian in-game or have one IRL.

Flareon is probably my favorite dog-like Pokémon at the moment. I randomly found a full-odds Shiny Eevee during my second playthrough of X while hunting for rain to evolve my Sliggoo before facing the E4. Although I didn't consider Flareon my favorite Eeveelution at the time, I chose it since I already had most of the others via Friend Safari or Masuda method from previous files. Now Chipotle is one of my most-prized Shiny Pokémon.

As a cat person though, I prefer thinking of Flareon as a fantasy creature/spirit than equating it to a dog or any other real-world animal. Its Jungle artwork, my second favorite artwork in the entire TCG, sort of gives me that vibe—it looks like something that would come from a Cardcaptor's Clow Card.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    houndoom is my type of dog. skitty is my type of cat, but i also like um. what's his name. the middle litten cat. bc he looks like my cat, so i had one named after my cat.

Back