• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Character?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    So what character in the entirety of Fourth Gen interested you? Did Whitney's and Claire's initial refusal to give you a badge stand out to you? What did you think of your pseudo-rival? Or maybe it's just that one trainer or NPC that got your attention when you played the game?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • In Sinnoh it has to be Cynthia and Cyrus. They both play such crucial parts in the role, particularly in Platinum which is great to see their rivalry in the Distortion World. I feel like Cyrus is on one end of the spectrum as the best evil team leader, whilst Cynthia is on the other end of the spectrum as the best Champion. Seriously, two great characters that had some of the best character development of any games imo.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Cynthia for being personally the best and hardest Champion, not to mention her awesome battle them. Cyrus because he had a pretty cool tune too, and is the leader to one of the coolest evil teams. He's also a pretty well developed character. And Looker because, well, I dunno really. I missed him in Diamond and Pearl so I guess I just like him for being there XD

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • Cyrus was my favorite character in Fourth Gen, and he happens to also be my favorite evil team leader. Something about his reasons for doing what he did in the games always got me.

Years
  • Still like Maylene best. Her design is pretty good and I like the personality.

She's disadvantaged, timid, a defeatist and impoverished. Also the only fighting Gymleader that I actually like in terms of design and style. Too bad she doesn't have more of a presence in the game. As we go along in the series though, we see the Gymleaders take more of a role in the games. I like that, but Maylene didn't leave her Gym until Platinum...

250px-Diamond_Pearl_Maylene.png

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • I found Cyrus a very interesting character, myself! I do want to know why exactly he wanted to kind of reset the Universe and create his own world and Universe that was only for him, y'know? I feel like something may have happened in his past that turned him into such a weird dude.

Hm, yeah, we weren't really told why exactly he wanted to do that, were we? I honestly can't recall much details anymore on the particular events surrounding Cyrus, especially during/around the time when the Distortion World came up, but I'd love to find out more details on the guy. Perhaps... in a Fourth Gen remake? XP

Back