• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite childhood cartoons?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Regardless of how old you may be, you probably watched cartoons as a kid... so what were your favorites? Still watch any of them?

Just found this show on youtube, and started watching it again. It's not actually that old, but it's a somewhat obscure one that's really good. lol

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Mine would have to be shows such as Ed Edd & Eddy, Samurai Jack, and Batman TAS back then, watched a bit of Samurai Jack last year but I might end up going on another nostalgia trip soon enough provided I have the time first, it'll feel good to go back to the past though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hey Arnold! :) I still watch it and it's still my favorite show. I bought season 1 on DVD about a month ago haha. I was sooooo stoked to find it. Best thing I got on that trip...along with my Bob-Omb shirt of course. Other shows I liked were Rugrats, Rocket Power, Blue's Clues, Sesame Street, Ed, Edd, & Eddy, POKEMON LOLZ, and ummmmm there was just a lot haha. Back when kids programs didn't suck. :/

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
    The Proud Family. Can't remember too much of it but I adored the series. Too bad it's never on anymore, it was hilarious. Brought smiles on my face everyday, and I adored the cartoonist's style.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    Pokemon, of course :P

But yeah, I watched and liked a lot of shows back then.... Blue's Clues, Little Bear, Franklin, Arthur, Sagwa, Sailor Moon, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Spongebob, Powerpuff Girls, Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Dexter, Digimon, Tenchi Muyo, Courage, Ed Edd n Eddy, Fairly Oddparents, Samurai Jack, Billy and Mandy....and like a million more, but yeah.. .__.

I still like to watch a lot of them.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy, that was just the most random epic show back then, but then they ended it ;^; I was destroyed as a kid when that happened.

And,
    Fairly Odd Parents, I think this show is still going on today, but it's changed so much, Cosmo and Wanda have a baby? That Cosmo had? Teh hell?! ._.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I have so many favorite shows that I loved to watch, including, but not limited to SpongeBob SquarePants, Fairly OddParents, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Hey Arnold!, Angry Beavers, Figure it Out, Dexter's Lab, Rugrats and Codename: Kids Next Door.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Not including the ones that were anime, my favourites would have to have been Rugrats and The Powerpuff Girls. I loved both of those and I think I've seen all the episodes of each at least twice, plus the Rugrats movies :P

Another interesting one I remember watching obsessively and loving in my even earlier childhood days (when I was around five or six) was The Destiny Twins. I remember I used to watch it with my sister who is three years older than I am. But the interesting thing is, when I brought it up with her years later she had no idea what the hell I was talking about, and I was so confused. I asked my mother and she had no idea either, which is odd because it would have been her that sat us down in front of the TV so it could do her parenting for her :P. I Googled The Destiny Twins and didn't find much of anything and it got to the point where I began to wonder if the show ever existed or whether it was just something I'd made up in my head.

But then, just as I'd given up and had my finger on the speed dial for the psych ward, I found it! It did exist! I'd had so much trouble finding it online because I'd remembered the title wrong: it was actually The Twins of Destiny and it was also French which meant it was harder to find.

I'm not sure how I remember it and nobody else does but now that I know it exists I've put it down to their terrible memories and my amazing one :P

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
    Years
    The ones I remember liking are Blue's Clues, The Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats, The Baby Looney Tunes Show, and... I don't know anymore. xD They're so much better than the cartoons today, and I miss them dearly. :c

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The ones I remember liking are Blue's Clues, The Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats, The Baby Looney Tunes Show, and... I don't know anymore. xD They're so much better than the cartoons today, and I miss them dearly. :c

We're tiny, we're toony! Tiny Toons was awesome! So was Animaniacs. Whoever did the theme songs for those shows, as well as Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid, is a genius. I know it's the same guy that composed all those theme songs, but they have to be the most catchy theme songs ever. And Doug. Because it's easy to sing along with "do do doooo di do do doooo de doooo do doooo" lol.

That being said, I think cartoons then had better theme songs than they do now. :( ...Do they even have theme songs anymore?

And,
    Fairly Odd Parents, I think this show is still going on today, but it's changed so much, Cosmo and Wanda have a baby? That Cosmo had? Teh hell?! ._.

When I was away for spring break, me and my sister were watching a channel that showed old Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron episodes and I was SO HAPPY. They were funny and made no sense, yet still taught underlying morals. And I think the episode Poof, the baby, was born was about where I stopped paying attention to the series.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    I have way too many. Rugrats, The Flinstones, Tom and Jerry, Hey Arnold!, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Laboratory, My Life As A Teenage Robot, Danny Phantom, Jackie Chan Adventures, Ed, Edd and Eddy, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, House of Mouse, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Odd Parents (I kind of hate it now though lmao), Spongebob Squarepants, The Pink Panther, American Dragon: Jake Long, The Proud Family, 2 Stupid Dogs, The Wild Thornberries, Pinky and the Brain, Loony Tunes, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers... *goes on forever* were all shows that I loved watching.

I'm not sure if claymations count, but I enjoyed Wallace and Gromit as well c:

Also, this:

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
    I remember being so obsessed with "The Wild Thornberrys", going as far as to list every animal (and its name) Eliza talks to... Other cartoons include SpongeBob (I still watch this occasionally), Tom and Jerry, Rugrats, The Powerpuff Girls, Pokemon (!), Digimon, etc. I would be in a foul mood whenever I missed the morning cartoons, which more or less contained these shows and more. :/

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    One of my favorite shows of my early childhood was Arthur. And then course Pokemon. I didn't have cable till I was about 9 or 10 so I watched alot of Kids WB cartoons. Some of other were: Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Batman The Animated Series, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, Jackie Chan Adventures, Xiolin Showdown, mainly stuff on Kids WB.
    After we got cable we had more to watch so : Spongebob, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Wild Thornberries , Rugrats,Ed, Edd n Eddy, and Fairly Odd Parents to name a few.

blue

gucci
    Years
    So many! Blues Clues, Recess, Spongebob, Aahh! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Cow & Chicken, Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Fairly Odd Parents, Catdog & many more... it's a shame only two of those are still running now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    I was sick a lot so I used to watch a lot of cartoons when home from school xD Besides Pokemon I liked:

• Batman the Animated Series
    • The Addams Family (animated)
    • Scooby Doo
    • Ed, Edd n Eddy
    • Powerpuff Girls
    • Sailor Moon
    • Winx Club
    • The Adventures of Tintin
    • SWAT Kats
    • Fairly Odd Parents
    • Skydancers
    • Rainbow Brite
    • The Monchichis
    • Rugrats and Rugrats All Grown Up
    • Dexter's Lab
    • Sheep In The Big City
    ...to name a few xD

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The one I remember most is Cardcaptors.

PS: What was the show called where these 5 (or so) kids were agents or something and they worked in the massive treehouse building (?) and had loads of different gadgets. The leader was bald (?) and wore sunglasses with a rugby ball shaped head, there was a girl with a long fringe who wore an oversized green shirt and a black girl who wore a blue shirt, a red hat and possibly loads of chains. I also remember how episode titles were like I.C.A.N.T.R.E.M.E.M.B.E.R.T.H.E.N.A.M.E

What was that called?

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Oh... I could name many! But I'm going to name just a few: Rugrats, Codename Kids next Door...and the Fairly Odd Parents. I grew up watching these cartoons. They were my childhood! And I miss all three of them. ): I mean, the Fairly Odd Parents was great until recently...

Back