• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite DLC?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Which DLC in Scarlet/Violet, you find most enjoyable. Was it Teal mask or the indgo disk. Perhaps also what is the least favorite part of that DLC?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Preferred Indigo Disk over Teal Mask. Liked the characters and environment more. Offered better clothes and a few odd perks like flight. Disliked the cost of the BB League extras (starters especially) and the small pool of quests. Could technically say the least favorite part was there not being more besides the main story.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Teal Mask gets points for its story. That's how legendaries should be done, with an interesting plot and lore execution. Compare with Terapagos, which is basically just thrown there at the end without any build up... it can't even hold a candle to Ogerpon and "the loyal three" arc.

Indigo Disk gets points for the battles though. Some really good and challenging battles if you kept caps under control and aren't cheesing through it with a level 100 team. And I also found Blueberry more interesting than the Kitakami region.

So, I prefer Indigo Disk because it's better at things that matter more to me. Teal Mask has a good story for Pokémon standards, but that's not saying much because Gamefreak is just bad at storytelling.

Years
  • Crown Tundra

Overall I found Indigo Disk more enjoyable even if the sheer amount of opponents with Focus Sashes was ridiculous. Like, my team was strong. Just let me one shot you, don't artificially prolong the fight with that dumb stuff :sneaky:
    The BBQs were boring and could've been done much better. They should've renamed it to BBT: BlueBerry Tasks, because those sure as heck didn't qualify as quests lol

It's not a huge win though. Teal Mask had Ogerpon and Fezandipiti and a for once pretty solid story, for Pokemon standards anyway.
    Sliding it over to Indigo Disk simply because it felt more enjoyable to explore the Terrarium than it did to explore Kitakami.

Also quite liked the epilogue DLC. That Mochi madness stuff looked so dang derpy, but I couldn't help but laugh the first several times at that chicken dance.
    Also a Mythical that comes with some degree of story around it before you catch it. Been a while since we had one of those.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Teal Mask. The plot was better and the setting was better, and it was generally more enjoyable to play through. I know IndDisk had better battles but I'm still not sure about nerfing my Nuzrun rules just to see the plot I literally only went through just to make fun of. And I still refuse to play the epilogue.

but hey lbr let's admit this is all better than the previous gen's dlc amirite guys

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • They were both really fun, But I think I prefer The teal mask just because Okidogi's my new favorite legendary. My least favorite part is that they shiny locked the legendaries :sadwick:

Back