• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Elite Four members

Years
  • In every region, there is a Pokemon League consisting of 4 members other than the Champion, referred to as the Elite Four. You have to defeat all four trainers in a row in order to get to the Champion and earn a shot to enter the Hall of Fame.

Who are your favorite Elite Four members of the series? Mine would be Marshal from Unova because of how cool his arena is, and Drasna of Kalos for her calm demeanor and her specialty type, Dragon!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Here are my favourites xD

Malva from Kalos because she's the first member of a villainous team to be anything other than a villain :P

Karen from Johto because she surprised me and my unprepared team xD

Caitlin from Unova because she's just adorable!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • • Though I have never battled her (not a gen 3 fan) I like Phoebe's name and design--it's pretty cute! I have a budgie named Phoebe. :D

• Shauntal is probably my favourite Elite Four member based on looks. She was fun to battle too, even if Unova's League was quite easy.

• Caitlin of course, for reasons stated above.

• Siebold isn't so bad looking. ;)

• I like Drasna's kind, motherly demeanour.

Years
  • I like the following members:

Lorelei - For being so cool (Pun intended)
    Karen - For her design and mostly, her wise words
    Grimsley - For his design, personality and other stuff I can't seem to express

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Honorable mention to Lance, but I think he was most memorable as the Champion so I won't put him here.

Karen is one of the tops, for her words of wisdom that I think most everyone remembers.

And to be a little more shallow: Grimsley and Siebold.
    Grimsley for his fantastic style and gambling references (mmmmmmmmm) and Siebold is pretty yummy despite that weird collar thing.

Last edited:

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Agatha: She looks pretty scary, as if she's planning something evil. She also has an interesting rivalry with Prof. Oak that seems to go way back.

Lance: One of my 3 favorite characters of the franchise. He's a Dragon Master, a G-man who has infiltrated both Teams Rocket and Magma, and has cool powers in the Pokemon Adventures manga. I love dragons, I love superheroes, I love reformed villains, and my second favorite superpower is to heal others. It's like all of my favorite things in one character.

Koga: A stealthy and strategic ninja who uses status afflictions to slowly take out your Pokemon. Also, a former Gym Leader of Kanto. I like characters who return in later games and have different roles and positions. Gives the game a sense of flowing time and change.

Phoebe: Out of all the Elite, Phoebe's design appears the furthest from the type she specializes. It's a pretty neat surprise to prepare for some kind of Grass or Water type Pokemon only for her to send out a Ghost-type. The added ghost girl in OR/AS was a cool addition as well.

(I hardly remember the Sinnoh Elite. Either it's been to long since playing those games, or they weren't very memorable to me)

Shauntal: Her design looks like a cat, and I like cats. Also it's fun to figure out which character she's alluding to in her novels.

Grimsley: I really like his design. It's probably my favorite character design in Pokemon so far. I also like his gambling-based philosophy when it comes to things like chance and making good use of a situation, regardless of the cards you get dealt.

Wikstrom: He may not have much of a role in the game except as another trainer to beat on the way to facing Diantha, but I really liked his dialogue and the way he dresses as a knight. I think he has potential to becoming a cool and unique character.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Lance- this is how I imagine dragon tamers are like
    Karen- man she is a babe and I love what she says when you beat her
    Malva- also a babe and in team flair. That's hot man
    Siebold- hands down bishiest elite four member ever
    Caitlin- She is so cute and mysterious

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm only highlighting some of my favorites, to keep this post short.

Aaron holds the title of First Ever Bug-type Elite Four and still holds the title of Only Bug-type Elite Four. Phoebe looks cheerful and pretty, I love her a lot! Not to mention her 2 Dusclops in Gen III are tough! :)

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    The Unova Elite Four is probably my most favorite as a group. I liked how each of their rooms were designed and their designs themselves don't look so bad either. The characters were interesting, like Shauntal and being an author compared to Lorelei... don't really know what she does, and I wish they had some sort of a backstory (would really like to see some sort of elaboration to Grimsley's). My most favorite of them all would be Caitlin, I was really surprised to see her at first and I have this bias to psychic-types, lol.

Based on design, I like the looks of Siebold, Sidney, Glacia and Karen; also loved what she says at the end of the battle. I like how Agatha took on the role as the gym leader of the Viridian City in the anime (iirc), and her connection to Professor Oak. She also looked pretty scary. Speaking of relationships, I liked the friendship between Flint and Volkner as well. Overall favorite is Lance though, but he was a champion, and most of the reasons why I liked Lance was him in his champion title and not an Elite Four member, so he doesn't count. Next favorite is probably Karen, I guess.

Hopefully they give the Elite Four a bigger role in the story, they don't really get the same love as gym leaders. :(

Back