• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite Fairies!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • I have to say I wasn't to keen on the idea of Fairy types, but after EVing a Gardevoir and having it sweep through the Maison and online matchups I began to really like the Type. So far I've only used Gardevoir and the Flabebe line, Gardevoir was already a favorite and while I didn't initially like Flabebe's design, it quickly grew on me.

I'll likely give the other new ones a try but I don't have that high of hopes for Slurpuff and Aromatisse.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • mawile and it's mega are my favorite; mega mawile's design made me love mawile more than i already did. it's typing is also very nice. sylveon is a close second though because it's adorable and my favorite eeveelution.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • My favorite fairy used to be Slurpuff, as it looks delicious! Shame about the poor overall stats, making it worthless for battling. Nowadays I'm starting to like Azumarill, as it has a great ability and a wonderful additional typing in Water, which works very well offensively.

Years
  • I've always liked Togepi line, and seeing them get the fairy typing made me happy.

My favorite fairy used to be Slurpuff, as it looks delicious! Shame about the poor overall stats, making it worthless for battling.
    Slurpuff isn't exactly OU material but I think worthless is going too far.

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I've always liked Togepi line, and seeing them get the fairy typing made me happy.

Slurpuff isn't exactly OU material but I think worthless is going too far.

Sorry. I should've clarified myself a bit more there. I meant to say it's worthless in terms of OU usefulness, but shouldn't be discounted totally. I should also mention that Slurpuff has quite a solid special movepool with wonderful coverage moves of different types such as Thunderbolt and Psychic. It also has Calm Mind to boost the power of these moves. It's just a shame that the initial base power is not up to the standards.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Whimsicott. Togekiss, Clefable, and Azumarill all get notable mentions. I didn't like the Kalos fairies all that much, although Floette is cute.

TheWilyWeezing

Avid traveller, avid trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2015
    I really like Granbull. Going out with Intimidate on a Fighting/Dark/Dragon type with Charm and Thunder Wave give me a nice supporter. Offensively inflicting Play Rough is really satisfying, especially when the opposing HP bar drops like a rock.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    I really like Florges, because even though its basically a large flower, i think it looks very awesome. Also, i think its cool that Granbull got some love with fairy typing, so i like him too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2020
    Klefki is my favorite Fairy, followed by Sylveon. I love training Klefki because he practically eats Super Training for breakfast.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • My favorite fairy is, incidentally, my favorite Pokemon: Mawile. The addition of the fairy type made Mawile a lot more effective in battle, losing its weakness to the fighting type and gaining an immunity to dragon types.

My runner up favorite is Clefairy. One of the cutest Pokemon ever <3

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Well... One(s) with a fairy type added/change if say mawile and Gardevoir. Out of the newly introduced fairies, I'd have to go with Xerneus. He was and still is the first fairy I trained. So yeah. Mawile, Gardevoir and Xerneus are all awesome.

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • My favourite Fairy type would have to be Azumarill, it's been one of my top five Pokémon since the release of generation two. I've always used Azumarill in at least one of my run throughs each Pokémon game and now it has been retyped to Water/Fairy making it deadly to those Dragon types with that Play Rough move, let's not forget how cute it is anyway!

Years
  • Clefairy.. It's always been one of my favorites and remains as such. Though I do like Gardevior, but not quite as much. Probably cuz Clefairy has been one of my top favs for so long.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Mawile! It was my favorite since gen. III (too bad nobody uses it until gen. VI) as a steel type. Now that Fairy type was added it became my favorite as well (Play Rough) so its a 2-in-1 deal.

Sylveon would probably 1st if Mawile didn't gain fairy typing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    First of all, I hate fairies. The idea of fairy-type sounds awful to me. Also, all the fairies look really bad except Xerneas and the Ralts line. So fav fairy is Xerneas, considering I prefer single types.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2018
    Mawile's my favourite Pokemon, but not my favourite fairy. my favourite fairy's a pink plague doctor bird ;_;

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • My favorite is Slurpuff. I like how its tongue sticks out. It's just so cute! The female player character even gets a Slurpuff dress!

Back