• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fire/Fighting Starter

Fav Fire/Fighting starter?

• Torchic and evos

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • Chimchar and evos

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Tepig and evos

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    This is a really hard question for me, im a really big fan of Blaziken and Infernape (The tebig line kinda sucks to be honest)
    I guess in terms of power, blaziken's your Poké but then Infernape has great moves. I guess I feel like im gonna go with Blaziken, I think it's design is very original, it just looks so epic.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Torchic line! My first Pokémon ever was Torchic, and it worked very well for me. Combusken is a very useful Pokémon to have at that stage in game, and Blaziken just rocks in general.

Chimchar line never felt durable enough to me. Speedy, yes, but they couldn't really take hits.

Pokabu is cute, its evos are ugly. And fire/fighting is just bland by the time Isshu rolls around.

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • Infernape's line.
    While I do like the Blaziken line a lot (And not a fan of the next 2 starters being Fire/Fighting), Infernape just felt so much more useful when actually using it.
    And cooler design IMO

When I saw Tepig's final evolution was Fire/Fighting AGAIN, I just decided to not go with that when BW comes over to the US

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2010
    Torchic. Combusken is actually my favorite, and I don't really like Blaziken because he's just mean-looking. ._. And I actually like Combusken due to the Two claws on his hand, and the Feet. He's awesome! Actually, for Tepig and Chimchar, I'd say they're good too, But I never tried Tepig. I like Chimchar more. So it goes;
    1.Combusken
    2.Chimchar
    3.Tepig

I guess so.

Manaphy.10

Not Your Average Gamer
    Years
  • I like Torchic's family and Chimchar's family equally, they are both really cool and have good stats.

As for the Tepig evolution chain, their, stats are OK, but they are really ugly and I don't understand the appeal to them.

Years
  • I have to pick the Infernape line. Oddly enough I'm not a fan of monkeys, but I think Infernape looks really cool regardless. Blaziken never appealed to me. And the Tepig line is okay, just a little disappointing (was hoping it'd turn into a 4-legged flaming boar... not yet another fire/fighting type.)

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • The Torchic line. It was really helpful during my Hoenn playthrough, and I find the design much more simple than the Chimchar and Tepig lines. Infernape is also extremely overrated, so to me he's pretty meh.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Third times the charm, Gamefreak has finally made me say no to the fire starter. I was still okay with Infernape since it was based off of Sun Wu Kong so it made sense for him to be part fighting type, but really? Three fire/fighting type starters in a row. Maybe if they made one a few generations from now it wouldn't seem as bad but three in a row is just makes the new one look bland.

I think I like Blaziken the most since its legs look so cool.

nm legend

Years
  • really ? torchic? anyways a i chose chimchar and family......i mean yea when i first saw blaziken a while back it was an instant favorite but uhhhhhhh.. my infernape definately kicks more ass

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    I like the Torchic line better than the other two, and Blaziken was one of my favorite 3rd gen Pokemon. It also learns a few Flying attacks, which sometimes help in playthroughs.
    Plus, the Fire starter being Fighting type got a little old the second/third times around

redzb1

KING~N!!!!!
    Years
  • Torchic and evo's for me cuz thier the original fire/fighting pokemon and thier moves are so awsome
    and their design arent too much i mean a flaming head and a fire beard wats up with that? thats going too far...............

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i dont like infernape and not fammiliar with tepig's evos. Blazikens a beast to

Madabi

~Zap and Rap~
    Years
  • Well according to me Blaziken is cool , but i like Infernape better and i dont know Tepig's evo so i choose Infernape.

Back