• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fire/Fighting Starter

Fav Fire/Fighting starter?

• Torchic and evos

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • Chimchar and evos

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Tepig and evos

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    Now there is 3 Fire/Fighting starter Pokemon so i was wondering which one is your favorite.

Torchic and evos
    Chimchar and evos
    Tepig and evos

I think Torchic and evos are the best because Blaziken rocks in both looks and moves.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    I'm a fan of the original Fire/Fighting starter, Torchic. Pokabu is fail to the extreme, and Chimchar just isn't that cool. Besides, three generations of starters having the exact same type is lame, so I automatically have an issue with the other two.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Blaziken is the complete package for me its got the fierce looks the awesome strengths and a fantastic move pool and it is just n all round top pokemon not to mention that it is the original fire fighting.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like the Torchic and Chimchar lines equally. Blaziken getting Speed Boost is a big improvement, plus its design is cool. Infernape is cool as well, but it's good by itself as wel. Tepig is good, but it's too slow.

Years
    Combesken and Blaziken are the only two out of the starters mentioned above which look like decent fighting types to me. I don't even understand why Tepig's evolutions were made dual types. :\ They don't look like fighting types at all. :|

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Blaziken...

I like Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Chimchar, Monferno, and to a lesser extent Infernape.

However, I guess I like Blaziken over Infernape partially because with moves like Grass Knot, its' movepool is actually superior....it's also faster. However, Blaziken was my first ever evolved pokémon as a Combusken, before becoming my first fully-evolved pokémon out of a 3-stage family. So nostalgia gets it up there. As does the fact that with Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut it had awesome animations as well as the ability to burn stuff and hit airborne opponents....everything about Gen III Blaziken wins it...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Torchic line.

I like all of them, but The Torchic evolution line excels comparatively for me. I share quite a lot of memories with Blaziken in Pokemon Ruby.

Years
    I'm going to choose Torchic's family; they were around back when Fire/Fighting was original. I'm not a big fan of the other families in this poll. Chimchar's line is alright, but it's a bit over-designed. Tepig's family suffers from the same issue in my opinion. Honestly, I'm not really a big fan of pigs and monkeys either. Torchic, Combusken, and Blaziken are a bunch of chickens. Kung-fu chickens as a matter of fact. You know that's pretty awesome, it's no wonder why they're winning in the poll.

I really hope the next generation's fighting-type starter doesn't end up having the second fire-typing; this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Torchic line for me. It was the first pokemon I used on a game I actually bought myself so there is some nostalgia there. It is the original and should have been the only Fire/Fighting as this is getting kind of ridiculous at this point to have 3 Generations of this in a row.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Infernape is easily the best of the three from a competitive standpoint, but I do love Emboar's design. :D

I've never really understood the appeal of Blaziken, especially when it's got the epicness of Sceptile as competition. XD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I always enjoyed Chimchar evolutions. I wasn't a huge fan of Blazekin so I picked Chimchar instead since Infernape was my favorite Fire/fighting type.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My favorite starter line EVER is the Torchic line, so I'm going with them! :) I love the design, the move pool is very nice, and <333 Just love them all.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I'm thinking Infernape, since I didn't use Blaziken. But Blaziken is good too, the design is awesome, and it started this trend xD But let me give Infernape some love since i like Sinnoh, used in on my team, even though I'm not really a fan, it's a good Pokemon :) Stone Edge xD

Ayselipera

Blaziken was pretty much my signature Pokemon all throughout the third generation. I love the design and at the time I loved the typing. As for Infernape, I really can't stand primate looking Pokemon or primates in general so I couldn't come around to it at all.

Last but not least there's Enbuoh who I honestly feel bad for. Tepig is adorable in every way and had the potential to be a great fire starter. I really believe the fire/fighting typing was its downfall, not to mention Enbuoh's design is in my opinion horrible. I see way too much of Blaziken and mostly Infernape thrown into it. D: Also what's with the flame beard? Just because it's a fire type doesn't mean it has to have flames coming out of it. If you can't find a good place to throw some flames in don't put any in at all. :/

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Aww, poor Tepig family. I was the only one that voted for them. ;n;

Sure, they probably aren't the best design-wise, but I really liked using him in White. The other two are okay, but I highly favor Swampert and Torterra over them. Plus, I tend to like slower Pokemon with high HP or defenses.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    I really like Tepig himself, I mean I like fire and I like pigs. Sounds perfect, right? But.... but then when he evolves... ick. I'll go with the Torchic line instead. Torchic is adorable and Blaziken is just awesome. As my friend describes him "Kung-fu Fire Chicken!"

Back