• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Game Series

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
  • Alright, favourite game series, huh?
    Well, my first obsession was Pokemon, and I still love it. Great stuff, it is. xD;
    Kingdom Hearts is a series that's still pretty close to me, even if it is going downhill these days.
    The Tales games are brilliant. I've only played a couple though, but they're very well made games, and I love them.
    The Ace Attorney series and the Professor Layton series. I merged these two series in my mind, for various reasons. xDD;;
    I also love Megaman Zero, but that finished a long time ago, with a sad ending, sadly. :(
    They have a great story, engage the mind, and the characters are all lovable in the end.
    Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention Zelda. xDDD;;
    I especially love the CD-i games. No really, I love them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Street Fighter would have to be one of my favorite series

II Turbo was great
    III was even better
    The Alpha series were the best since it let you change play styes and gave me my favorite fighting character
    IV is good, but not as good as the alpha series IMO

Sakura2.gif

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • I absolutely love the Kingdom Hearts series. I remember when I first saw the commercial with Utada Hikaru's Simple and Clean playing in the background. Final Fantasy and Disney combined in one game? That and hearing the song played along with the video footages made me want the game.
    Another favorite series is the Mario series. Mario was the first game I ever played and I love platform games in general.
    I also like the Ratchet and Clank series, but kinda fell out of favor the last few years.

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
  • My favorite gaming series, besides Pokemon, would have to be Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy was the reason I started playing games in the first place. Then there's Silent Hill, Star Ocean, Resident Evil, The Legend of Zelda, and Tekken.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'd have to say the Pokemon series, it's the only game I really got into and actually played throughout the years.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • In order of preference

#1: LEGO (as in Star Wars, Harry Potter, Racers, etc; BIONICLE games were plasbad)
    #2: Pokemon 'version'
    #3: Animal Crossing

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    I think my favorite series is pretty much the Ace Attorney series and the Super Smash Bros. one. I do like the... Shin Megami Tensei series too.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • Harvest moon is my all time favorite game series but I'm not fond of the newer ones but loved both Rune factories. Pokemon, Zelda and Final fantasy are next on my list ending my top five favorite series with Animal Crossing.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I've always liked the Megaman series. And I don't mean this Zero/Starforce stuff. I mean the classic Megaman, and possibly Megaman X. Also, the series has some of the best 8-bit music in existence. (Dr. Wily's theme anyone?)

Solaceon Glaceon

earthbound..
    Years
  • Well I grew up with Zelda and Mario. I was put on the cross for Pokemon (in elementary the harrassment over pokemon was rediculous). My current favorites are Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty, and one of my personal all over favorites was Dead Space (<-very scary)

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • Final Fantasy
    I still remember the first time I saw the commercial for Final Fantasy VII way back in 1997 and thinking "Wow! Those are some awesome graphics!" lolwut. Those were the days... although my favorite in the series would have to be VIII and X/X-2.

Parasite Eve
    Although it's a short series of only three games, I really enjoy them. Aya's such a realistic character and the gameplay is so much fun.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My favourite series is undeniably Kingdom Hearts. There's only one game in the series I didn't enjoy and adore (Re:Coded *shakefist*) and I eat up almost every accompaniment released for it (I try to read the novels, the manga, etc) and it's nearly the only series I've ever imported games for because I simply couldn't wait for their localization and release.

After that is probably the Tales of series, even if I haven't played most of them. I play what I can, though, and I ADORE the characters from these games. Especially Abyss. Omg the Abyss characters. ;~; ♥

And I guess tied with Tales is Pokémon since it's what brought me to PC and gained me so many friends both on and offline. :)

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Ace Combat, Command & Conquer, and Fallout would have to be my favourite game series. I'd also mention Baldur's Gate, Call of Duty, Half-Life, Halo, Shin Megami Tensei, and Tales, though I've only really played one game from each of those franchises.

Back