• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite game soundtrack

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Does anyone here have any one favorite game soundtrack (or a couple or more?)?

Whilst I find ones like Halo's, Chrono Cross', Mass Effect's, Unreal's (for the serenely urban tone to the music), Fable's, LOTR: FOTR's (the game), Pokémon's, DBZ: The Legacy of Goku's (the first and second), and a few others awesome, I'd have to give that merit to The Elder Scroll 4: Oblivion's soundtrack. It has a Howard Shore/LOTR level of poignancy in its tones in my ears but without sounding like a rip off and while still maintaining power to the notes as long as the game will allow. I liked Morrowind's soundtrack as well but I feel there's a strong division between the two so Oblivion gets my vote. Jeremy Soule (the composer of Morrowind and Oblivion) knows what he's doing.

How about you guys?

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    ~Pokémon D/P
    ~Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    ~Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (!!!)
    ~Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga/Partners in Time

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'll try narrowing this down to as few as possible:

- Kingdom Hearts Complete soundtrack
    - The World Ends With You
    - Final Fantasy IX
    - Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
    - Final Fantasy VII
    - Pokémon G/S/C

And quite a few others.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Sonic 2 beta,
    LoZ, Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time,
    Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie
    SSBB

Thats all so far!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I mostly like songs, but if I have to point out full OST's...

-Super Paper Mario
    -Eternal Sonata
    -The World Ends With You
    -Wario Land 5: The Shake Dimension

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the definitive musical experience in gaming. Harry-Gregson Williams really outdoes himself with it.

Final Fantasy 6 also has a pretty amazing soundtrack, so does Silent Hill 1.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    The games I really like with the best music are sonic the hedgehog, halo, pokemon, mega man, shining force 1 and 2, guitar hero games, rock band games, this one yu-gi-oh game, legend of zelda, kirby, donkey kong country games, Heroes of mana, Final Fantasy games from super nintendo and I think thats enough games for me to list. lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Does anyone here have any one favorite game soundtrack (or a couple)?

Whilst I find ones like Halo's, Chrono Cross', Mass Effect's, Unreal's, Fable's, LOTR: FOTR's (the game), Pokémon's, DBZ: The Legacy of Goku's (the first and second), and a few others awesome, I'd have to give that merit to The Elder Scroll 4: Oblivion's soundtrack. It has a Howard Shore/LOTR level of poignancy in its tones in my ears but without sounding like a rip off and while still maintaining power to the notes as long as the game will allow. I liked Morrowind's soundtrack as well but I feel there's a strong division between the two so Oblivion gets my vote. Jeremy Soule (the composer of Morrowind and Oblivion) knows what he's doing.

How about you guys?
    I love the Elder Scrolls soundtracks too. Morrowind's songs are good, but compared to Oblivion's they're pretty dull :P Oblivion has really got great music, that I can listen to when I want calm music anytime. I remember having the exploration tracks (not the battle ones or the city ones) on my mp3 for a long time and listen to them when I rode by bus to school in the morning x3

Pokémon gameboy games have really good songs, I think. Some original tunes from R/B/Y can never be done better (FR/LG really did bad remixes :x) and G/S/C has even better music overall. R/S/E has some tunes that stick out and are my favorites, and D/P has got the best, and of course most advanced, soundtrack overall. And I still haven't played the games properly, I just have the soundtrack but still like it :3

And I just have to bring up LBA2... It's so weird a game is out now that's called Little Big Planet. I used to play a game called Little Big Adventure 2 (didn't have the original) and it was actually the very game that taught me English so I became the best in my grade at it xD anyway, the music from it is really epic, even though they couldn't/didn't make any advanced orchestral soundtracks at that time (about -96 methinks).

Here's some examples :D
    -is eager to convince people that this is the best game evah-
    Gabriel's song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVAevdLm-HE
    The Empire - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GTYeyYnfaI&feature=related

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Thats a rather easy question. The best video game OST, IMO, would have to be Super Smash Bros. Brawl's. I actually still have all 300ish tracks on my comp.

Last edited:

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I like Halo's, but ever since my dad started using one of the instrumentals as his ringtone, I get annoyed with the music when I play H2.

Oh, and Unreal's soundtrack (if they ever had one, I just love the music) is awesome.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    The following games have my favorite OST:

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    -Super Mario Galaxy
    -Ledgend of Zelda: Ocarana of Time
    -Ledgend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    -Paper Mario

That's a simplified version of my list. The actual list is perhaps too long.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like...

Banjo-Kazooie by Grant Kirkhope. Just fun and goofy...and some times epic.
    Final Fantasy VI by Nobuo Uematsu. A musical masterpiece, be it game music or not.
    GoldenEye 007 by Graeme Norgate and Grant Kirkhope. They got so much out of the James Bond theme that sometimes it isn't even recognizable.
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time by Koji Kondo. A classic.
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap by Mitsuhiko Takano. An interesting blend of Zelda and Capcom. The new and original songs are a treat.
    Paper Mario by Yuka Tsujyoko and Taishi Senda. They did a fantastic job of imitating Kondo's style. I think it turned out better than if Kondo actually did it himself. XD
    Yoshi's Island by Koji Kondo. Different from the main Mario tunes, but still similiar. Gave Yoshi a flavour all his own.
    Metroid Prime. Not good to listen to on its own, but works incredibly well in-game. Very atmospheric.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack Complete(Downloaded the other day!)
    Final Fantasy VII
    SMRPG
    PM
    SSBB

SegaSaturnGal

Chibi Amitie says "Yay!"
    Years
    pikachu192's Favorite Soundtracks
    ----------------------------------------
    All the soundtracks from the Klonoa series
    Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl

and so many more...
    ----------------------------------------

Years
    Super Smash Bros Brawl
    F-Zero
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Megaman (original series)
    Mario
    Legend of Zelda

There are probably many more, but those are the main ones.

Back