• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gen 2 pokemon?

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Bellossom, Blissey, Espeon and Flaafy in that order are my favourites. But I also love the other gen 2 pokemon as well, especially the extra evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Definitely Suicune. I love its elegant design, and it plays quite well competitively. Another of my favorites would be Blissey, as well as Feraligatr.

NotepadScrawls

Mugging Student
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2014
    Definitely Corsola and Chinchou. I thought they were so cool when I first saw them and they opened up the whole concept of dual types for me. I know there were dual types in Gen I but I was just a kid then and I didn't like Omanyte and Kabuto's designs so I didn't bother with them even though I think Omanyte's pretty adorable now. I think it was then that I started to look for dual type Pokemon to catch only to realise to my disappointment that there were tons of boring normal/flying, grass/poison, water/ice types out there. I was honestly pissed when I found out that Noctowl was normal/flying, I thought he could have a cooler typing like psychic or ghost flying instead. But now I kinda appreciate those typings, especially grass/poison, because pure grass feels kinda frail for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    Bayleef !!!! It's my all time favorite Pokemon. I legit love every single pokemon from that Generation except for remoraid & the spinarak evolution line.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Generation II is my favourite generation of Pokemon out of all generations so I have A LOT of favourites haha. Some of which include: Feraligatr, Wooper, Steelix, Shuckle, Scizor, Skarmory, Heracross, Larvitar and Tyranitar <3

Years
    • Age 31
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    G/S was definitely my favorite game to play growing up. I started with a Totadile..but I of course played through with Chikorita as well. Outside of the starters, I love me some Sneasel and Lugia. I remember playing it just this past year and I hadn't even acquired pokeballs yet and I ran into Entei. I HAD A LEVEL 5 CHIKORITA and RAN INTO ENTEI!!! Needless to say I wasn't to happy..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Probably Sneasel :3 I like it's design, colors, typing even if its natural moveset isn't the most exciting. Weavile is nice too, so that's another plus for Sneasel.

But there's a lot of pokémon I like in Johto, really. Scizor, Heracross, Ledian, Flaaffy, Smeargle, Furret, Jumpluff, Chikorita to name a few.

Raging Umbreon

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • My favorite pokemon from Gen 2 are :
    Umbreon, Espeon, Feraligatr, Scizor, Tyranitar, Houndoom, Kingdra, Forretress, Sneasel, Donphan and Meganium.

Years
  • So many that I adore! My favorite would be Flaaffy, but Sneasel, Scizor, Jumpluff, Furret, and Quilava are all loves of mine :3

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    misdrevus, no question.
    not only is it the only ghost type released in that generation, and ghost is my favorite type, it also evolves into my personal favorite pokemon, Mismagius

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
    Years
  • Larvitar. Not the other one Tyranitar, Larvitar. Why??? It was my first shiny, and my first pokemon I received from trading in gen 3. From a long lost freind.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • This are my favorite :
    scizor, snorlax, sneasel, steelix, dragonite, typhlosion...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I like Totodile, Quagsire, Noctowl, Pichu, Ampharos, Feraligatr (didn't used to like Croconaw and Feraligatr, but now I do), Typhlosion, Cyndaquil, Teddiursa, Ursaring, and Tyranitar. I suppose there are others I like as well, but those are the favorites that immediately spring to mind.

Last edited:

Mirri

ємвяα¢є тнє ѕтσям
    Years
  • Hmm... That's a tough one. ;)

Aside from him and the other two doggies, I definitely love Furret, Typhlosion, Umbreon and Espeon, and Houndoom. :3

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
    Years
  • My top 2 are:
    1. Espeon
    2. Snubull (Personal reasons, a lucky catch from Route 34 helped me win my first Pokémon Crystal Nuzlocke)
    3. Misdreavus

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Espeon, Tyranitar, Shuckle, Lugia, and Quagsire. Still some of my favorites.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Kingdra, without question. It's probably one of my favourite Pokemon overall.

Honourable mentions to Umbreon, Scizor and Crobat.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Umbreon, no question, though I hated using it in game because of it's sadly low attack and special attack

Back