• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gen 2 pokemon?

Years
  • 152.gif
    179.gif
    180.gif
    181.gif
    182.gif
    189.gif
    231.gif
    216.gif
    250.gif
    171.gif

I just lovelove them. G/S/C had some of the best Pokemon sprites so each time I check them out I'm just.. stumped on which gen 2 Pokemon I prefer.

Can stare at them all day

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    152.gif
    179.gif
    180.gif
    181.gif
    182.gif
    189.gif
    231.gif
    216.gif
    250.gif
    171.gif

I just lovelove them. G/S/C had some of the best Pokemon sprites so each time I check them out I'm just.. stumped on which gen 2 Pokemon I prefer.

Can stare at them all day
    The sprites are just so precious. I need to write an essay on why Gen 2 is my favourite and why they are all my favourite pokemon.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Murkrow is a personal favourite of mine, but I also like Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Scizor and oddly enough, Jumpluff. I couldn't help but notice someone said Aipom. I'll always have an irrational hatred for Aipom on account of him being so freaking hard to catch. They say his catch rate is 45, but I'm convinced that it's secretly 1.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I pretty much love most of the Gen2 Pokemon, but the ones I personally love using the most whilst playing through GSC are Sneasel and Ursaring. And I guess I have to include Skarmory too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For me it would have to be Typhlosion since it was my strongest Pokémon back in my first run on Silver and Soul Silver.

Years
  • Snorlax, no brainer here.
    Snorlax was introduced in Generation 1...
    But my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon has to be Houndour. Since my first game was Black, Houndour was the first Pokemon I found and caught that was introduced in the first 4 generations. I quickly evolved it into Houndoom. Also, I used a Houndoom on a playthrough of X, and it was AMAZING. And, Houndoom has a mega evolution!

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Espeon is definitely my favorite, still my fav pokemon now.

When I play through gold or hg/ss I get a chikorita. Kingdra and houndour are neat Lugia is my second favorite legendary ( after jirachi)

But Snorlax is still the best Pokémon in Gen II
    12.%20tongue.gif

Thats like saying Magicarp is the best pokemon from gen 5....just cause it's in the game doesnt make it from that generation.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Houndoom for sure. My Houndoom in my first gen 2 playthrough never failed to get the job done. Not to mention it's a dark type which was a pretty big deal to me back then.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Generation II introduced some great new Pokémon, and obviously Steel & Dark types! Out of them all though my favourite is Ariados, my second (or even first) Pokémon to reach Level 100 in Silver and I'm using one right now in my Storm Silver playthrough. n_n

Back