• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Favorite Gen 8 Pokemon?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • Indeedee, if only for how simple yet intriguing its design is. Helps that it's cute, too.

Years
  • I used to be OBSESSED with Sirfetched before I got Sword, but then whoops, too lazy to evolve him. Now I like Impidimp (Hopefully I spelled it right) because I love the design. Fight me.

Funny, I caught Impidimp's second evo before hatching my own, but the third evo...eeeewww keep my pink emo boi pure okay?

I also like Yamper a lot.

Honestly though, I never fight with 99% of my Sword Pokemon. I honestly beat the whole game with just a Cinderace (gotta add that to my gen 8 favs list) and a Drapion. Those are the only two I have in my party. Everyone else is boxed. Ahahahahaha i'm so done! *insert maniacal laughter here*

pkmin3033

I actually really like Sinistea? I liked Polteageist when it was revealed, but I've kinda gone off it a bit because it looks so awkward in-game. Sinistea is kinda adorable in a weird way...the tongue animation is creepy and disgusting, but it's not as bad as some, and I absolutely love the name. It's not as awkward as "Polteageist" (which, whilst clever, doesn't roll off the tongue in the same way) and...idk, it's cute.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • 823.png
    #823 Corviknight

Keeping myself away from the spoilers of the released Pokemon when I first encountered this majestic bird I really wanted to have one :> It's also super huge ._. it's taller then me in real life.

Then I saw the shiny version and yep.. That's my vote :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    From what I used I really liked Galarian Weezing and Eldegoss. I wish the latter had a wider movepool though.

I want to use Frosmoth sometime, but its typing doesn't seem favorable. Besides that I also want to use Grapploct. Since I haven't used these two yet I can't say they're true favorites but from a design standpoint I really like them.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hatterene is the standout for me. I absolutely love it.

Other than that, my favourites are:
    Cinderace
    Zacian
    Corviknight
    Alcremie
    Frosmoth
    Galarian Rapidash
    Grimmsnarl
    Nickit

Last edited:
    Years
  • Falinks is easily #1, but Appletun & Rolycoly are also top picks. I've also had Dracozolt grow on me, though I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I still think Falinks is the first Pokémon I've ever seen and just immediately though "I need this", especially due to not looking at any leaks beforehand.
    Never understood the hype for Grimmsnarl though. All that hair is just... weird.

Sirfetch’d

Sirfetchd for sure! He has actually overtaken castform as my favorite Pokémon overall. Falinks is up there too. I really like most of the new Pokémon

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Definitely Yamper. As soon as I heard that the next region was gonna be based on the UK, I started looking forward to a corgi Pokemon, and it did not disappoint. It has a heart-shaped butt! It's shaped like a loaf of bread! It fetches balls! Agh, it warms my heart just thinking about it. <3

Some other favorites are Dracozolt, Dracovish, Alcremie, Inteleon, Galarian Ponyta and Eternatus (although I don't like that one as much as I thought I was gonna :[ )

Back