• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gens?

Favorite Gen?

• Gen 1

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Gen 2

• Gen 3

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 5

• Gen 6

• Gen 7

• Gen 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    Gen 2 then gen 5 for me. I would say gen 4 just because of HG/SS, but I am really a fan of those games because they are gold and silver remakes, and I am really not a fan of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I just thought they were kinda boring and(contrary to popular opinion) I wasn't big fan of the new gen 4 Pokémon and thought they were just okay(including Lucario and Garchomp).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Gen three is my absolute favorite. I think Hoenn is overall the best region. On a larger scale I also really liked Firered/Leafgreen as well as Pinball RS and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Runner up would be Gen four as Sinnoh actually had some challenging battles. Heartgold/Soulsilver remakes were even better than the prior remakes and Explorers of Sky was very enjoyable as well.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I mean, this is HARD. Are we talking the games themselves, or the designs of the Pokemon in the generations? I think I have to go Gen 1 for the designs, PARTICULARLY with the old watercolor art, but stopping to think about it, Gen 3 might have been when I DID the most within the Pokemon games and enjoyed it all. Secret Bases, Contests, trying to complete the dex, and playing the mainline... Yeah, that was a pretty good time.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Gens 4 and 5 for sure. They were my introduction to the series and they had so much content. For once there was actually something to do in the postgame other than battle. Gen 7 is my third favorite for the entertaining story and enjoyable roster of new Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Gen IV for me. Gen III was my first with Emerald, and that's probably my favourite individual game. I bought LeafGreen as well and its a good game - very streamlined, refreshing given the heavy focus on legendaries from Hoenn onwards - but Gen IV was my peak Pokémon. GTS and Wi-Fi trading opened up the possibility of finally evolving a Kadabra (in my earliest saves when I didn't understand that Pokémon evolved any way other than levels, I got one to lv. 100), and completing the Pokédex (I was actually pretty close to getting all 493 as I had the events, but had only one DS so needed to trade through a user on here...he never gave them back). I didn't enjoy the updated Contests in Gen IV, or how slow Diamond / Pearl were, but in every other manner I preferred the gameplay (especially the Physical / Special split).
    HeartGold / SoulSilver are possibly the most Pokémon you can get in one cartridge: two full regions, about 300 Pokémon available in-game, two Champions (one the strongest NPC in Pokémon), a very cool event with Celebi, a fun Safari Zone (Hoenn's had the bikes which was kinda cool, as were the trams but overall Hoenn and Sinnoh's Safari Zones both sucked), and a great accessory in the Pokéwalker (which feels purpose-built for my current quarantine lifestyle). I could go on, but I want to play more (and yes, I'm in Gen IV).

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Gen VI. I love Kalos, even though the games felt like a tech demo. But the atmosphere, the Pokémon and places were just so great and though-through.

This. I just finished playing Y for the first time, and I agree about the main story being bland and just following the usual main game formula, but the region is just beautiful. And even if the main story is lacking, Kalos have Looker chapters which in my opinion is very good (way better than the main story lol).

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • 5, 6, and 7 for me. Played BW and W2 sooo much when I first got it, and the updates of everything leaves no comparison. 1 2 3 and 4 are just horrible. Sorry nostalgia, but the glitches and lagging are just way too much and the pros don't outweigh the cons. Even FRLG is insanely behind still even as updated remakes when compared. I will probably never play 1 again, I simply can't deal lol.

Years
  • I love them all but I would say around Gen 4 and 5 was the Golden Age.
    I feel there is a slow decline after that due to overwhelming gimmicks but I think time heals all and soon I will fondly look back at that-time-we-had-giant-Pokemon etc.
    The never ending text/tutorials will never heal though:/

Years
  • Gen 4, but only Platinum and HGSS. DP can go slowly die (jk ily DP but dear me you are literal molasses, I will never want to replay you).

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • This is the closest thing to blasphemy that I've seen in a pokémon forum.

I meant Gameplay speed lol...after jumping back to something like a GBA title from 3DS...it's just personally tedious when you're trying to really get rolling. They're just, to be expected, such a vast difference. Sure, old game too, but big change.

Back