• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite holiday?

favorite holiday?

• christmas

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • halloween

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • hanuakah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • thanksgiving

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • new years

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • easter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I like Halloween because of the trick-or-treating and also because it is Samhain Eve which is when all the fairies and other magical creatures come out of hiding. It is a very important day for fairies!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I believe it has to be Christmas holidays I enjoy the most, first of all it's Christmas and I love Christmas, I get my birthday, and I get my Christmas and birthday money. Basically it's because I finally become rich. XDD Oh, and I love cold weather (I want snow this year! o:).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Christmas, by far, because of the presents. Thanksgiving comes at a close second because of the turkey.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Thanksgiving. It's like every other holiday (a large family gathering with a focus on a good meal), except without silly traditions tacked on. XD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Out of these, Halloween, 'cause it's the most consistently stress-free out of all of them, and doesn't carry bad memories with it. I'm not really into candy at all, though. I like simple birthdays better than any holiday, to be honest.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I like all holidays since well, there is no school or work or whatever. But if I had to choose one, it would be Halloween, since we have this huge costume party with booze and alcohol, and besides, I am into the whole scary moods.

Years
    I'd go with Christmas here. It's warm and sunny, backyard cricket, catching up with the family, no other holiday beats it (apart from birthday, maybe, but that wasn't in the poll). I have no idea what Hanuaka is (the Jewish Christmas?), Halloween and Thanksgiving aren't celebrated in Australia, Easter is a hassle as my family is Catholic (and I am not) so I'm usually dragged down to church, and for the past two New Years I've either been working or grounded, so no fun there.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Halloween. Not too warm, not too cold, free candy, and I get to dress up as things that wouldn't be acceptable any other time of the year outside of an anime convention.

Christmas is way down on my list because it usually goes like this:
    1. Parents wake me up at some ridiculously early time.
    2. I unwrap a few presents which number less than the rest of the family's because I primarily ask for money.
    3. I go back to bed and don't wake up again until 3:00 in the afternoon.
    4. I whine and complain because casual sit down restaurants like Applebee's and TGI Friday's aren't open on Christmas.

Therefore, Halloween wins over Christmas.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    Out of the options in the poll, I'll say Halloween. I don't think it's technically considered a holiday though.
    It's my favorite because orange is pretty much my favorite color, and there's orange everywhere around Halloween.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    New Years.
    It's a universal celebration that everyone can enjoy. It hasn't been ruined by religion, it hasn't been ruined by forced traditions, everyone is just having a good time in any way they want to without being told how to celebrate.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    My favorite holiday has to be Christmas, we get a break(winter break), get to spend time with friends and family, and get gifts. There is no other holiday better in my opinion.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I love the atmosphere that the entire world seems to be taken by around Christmas and New Years.
    Easter, Halloween and Thanksgiving mostly go by without even any notice. I only even remember what day Halloween is on.
    And I get the most delicious food and money on Chinese New Year, so that takes the cake

Aloetakura

\(^-^)/
    Years
    I love the atmosphere that the entire world seems to be taken by around Christmas and New Years.

^ this.

Though more about the New Years. I love the Christmas feeling too, but since I never really get a lot of presents and my family seems a bit dull and don't have the energy to make the house really Christmas-y, I sometimes don't like that holiday a lot.

Back