• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Introduction?

Years
  • In every game you have to do an introduction where you really learn how to catch a Pokemon, understand the characters and get your original starter Pokemon. Some were longer than others. What was your favorite and least favorite?

I really like the Hoenn one. You get Run quickly, it's short, sweet and to the point and the only other introduction aspect comes after battling already which is way better than it being all tied into one.

I hate the 4th Generation one. It's a long process of you following Barry, rather than you doing your own thing. And, I really didn't like Barry, so all his conversation was upsetting.

Years
  • Seeing as how this is a game-specific question, I'll move this thread over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you.

I've always liked the start of the Hoenn games. It's unique in that you start your game off in the back of a truck, and when you do finally get to have your first battle, it's to save the professor of the entire region... from a level 2 Poochyena or Zigzagoon. Something about that always seemed too funny for me.

MOVED.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally like starting off in my bedroom; waking up from sleep day I'm supposed to start my journey. It gives me some a special feel to it, and… it's just sort of unexplainable. xD;; Hoenn's start-off is pretty original, where you find yourself inside a truck travelling to Littleroot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Riding in the back of the truck in RSE, then it stops, the door opens and the light pours in, you step out and the music starts.

Easily my favorite beginning in any of the games.

The whole process of starting out is pretty good in RSE, but I think I actually prefer the one in BW2 over any of the others - find the girl in the big green hat. You pick your pokemon, fight Hugh, Bianca walks you down to the Pokecenter, then goes straight out to Route 19. Mom and Hugh's sister catch you on the way out and give you the shoes and the map, then you go out to Route 19 and Bianca demonstrates how to catch a pokemon (including knocking it all the way down into red first), then she leaves and that's that. Hits all the high points with no fuss and no bother.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'm gonna go with the majority and say I loved the RSE opening. Short, sweet and to the point, with the bonus of being nice and original.

Years
  • Hoenn was pretty unique, though I don't know what I did to upset my parents that I was confined to the back of the moving truck ;×;

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I actually kinda like the one one in Platinum. Felt less like a tutorial and more like you were "bro-ing it up" with Barry before all the real ish starts to go down.

B/W was my least favorite because I don't care for Bianca and Cheren at all and it felt like it took forever to get on with the start of your adventure.

Years
  • My fave was the one in Black and White so I'm probably in the minority here. I liked how the Unova starters were delivered to you as a present and then you, Bianca and Cheren could choose from there. It was actually the only intro scene I found that wasn't too slow or boring.

Years
  • I'm a big fan of how Kalos changed the beginning of the game. Having a group of friends instead of one or two rivals was a welcomed alteration from the older games, and I liked how one of them gave me my first Pokemon. It felt like I was embarking on my journey with all of my best friends, even though they were only fictional, virtual characters, haha. n__n;

Years
  • I personally liked BW's and Platinum's a lot. In the case of the former, I enjoyed having the Pokemon brought to your room, then getting a chance to battle both your friends/rivals. I also liked that they added in the messed up room after your battle with Bianca, as it'd be expected for your first battle. As for Plat., I'm mostly biased because I love Barry, but I also like how Professor Rowan reconsiders giving two reckless kids their first Pokemon, something a Pokemon prof. has never done before.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    RSE's intro has to be my favorite. It's short and it's also original. Moving to your hometown was really different compared to the other games, and I also liked the Birch/Poochyena bit. :)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I liked Black and White 2's. I found it really cute for some reason (probably because I really like how Bianca looked in B/W2), and I like what you had to do. Find the girl in the green hat.

I also liked how Platinum has the rival battle as soon as you get your starter Pokemon, as it gave me that Blue feel. Finding Cyrus at the very start was also pretty neat, as Cyrus is one of my favourite evil organisation bosses, so finding him at the lake near your hometown was a surprise that I enjoyed.

Years
  • My favourites were in Emerald and Black, don't get me wrong the establishment of getting your starters in a lab is iconic but I really loved how you picked a partner to save Birch and the wee setting in your room of picking and then battling (and triumphing over!) your friends haha :)

Back