• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Mid-Staged Starter?

What's Your Favorite Mid-Staged Starter?

• Ivysaur

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Charmeleon

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Wartortle

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Bayleef

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Quilava

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Croconaw

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Grovyle

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Combusken

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Marshtomb

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Grotle

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Monferno

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Prinplup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    The first and final stages of the starters get much more attention than the mid-evolution.

So let's change it up a bit and ask what's your favorite Mid-Staged starter.

The choices are:
    Ivysaur Bayleef Grovyle Grotle
    Charmeleon Quilava Combusken Monferno
    Wartortle Croconaw Marshtomb Prinplup

So which one is your favourite?

Mine is Combusken since it not only do I love it's design, but the moves it learns too, especially Double Kick and Sky Uppercut.

Ayselipera

Wow. This is really hard considering I find most of the starters' second evolution to be the best one.

I'm going to go with Wartortle. I find it a lot more appealing then both Squirtle and Blastoise. Much more so then my other favorite second starter evolutions. Although my runner up would be Bayleef only because I find Meganium to be one of the biggest letdowns of any final starter evolution. Which is unfortunate seeing as I have a big heart for Chikorita and Bayleef.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Ivysaur has the best learnset out of most of the 2nd-staged starters.

Marshtomp is okay, but I hated a few of its moves.
    Loved Quilava and Prinplup too, but Ivysaur just wins.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    first off this is a great thread, so bravo

mine is charmeleon, then quilava, i dislike charizard but i really like charmeleon, and quilava just looks cool as well

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the Hoenn starters, especially Grovyle because of the role it played in Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness/Sky.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I actually dislike all the mid-stage evolutions except Grovyle and Combusken. I just don't think any of them look all that good.

But anyways, I voted for Combusken, because I love his design, colours and moves, plus Torchic was my very first starter ever. <3

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    Based purely on design, I'd probably say Grovyle. Which is quite odd given that I don't actually like Treecko nor Sceptile all that much.

Combusken was a close second. Go go fighting chicken!

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
  • Combusken.
    Badass chicken is badass.

Next would probably be Prinplup.
    But that's only basing it off by design. =D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Quilava or Bayleef or Croconaw.

Most likely because I loved Cyndaquil/Typhlosion and Quilava followed. The other two are just nostalgic.

Years
  • Grovyle looks epic. Shame Sceptile went wrong. Ivysaur was epic aswell, and so were Marshtomp, Quilava and Charmeleon.

I can't stand Prinplup, its just disgusting

Years
  • Charmeleon - he looks most awesome from them all. He learns Flamethrower fast also. Sometimes I would keep Charmeleon from evolving.

Back