• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pok?mon Tournament 2015 - Fire

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    My fave fiery Pokemon for this poll.

Vulpix line: One of the only 1st Gen options I really liked. But then again, foxes are majestic when taken into the concept of Pokemon hehehe

Flareon: I do like the other Eeveelutions better since this cutie was shafted a lot, but hey still adorable and it finally got a move that's worth using on it now.

Cyndaquil line: My fave Johto starter. Did me wonders in Soul Silver.

Torchic line: When it comes to that big battle of the two most popular Fire starters, I always preferred Blaziken over Charizard, but given 3rd Gen was my first generation it's natural I preferred Blaziken's design better, and I don't let it being an uber get in my way.

Chimchar line: My fave Sinnoh starter, and the notable lack of Fire Pokemon in the region made it a go-to choice for me a lot.

Victini: I had to do this for Windy, but Fire/Psychic is an awesome combination plus it's so cute.

Tepig line: Oshawott may be my fave Unova starter, but Tepig is just as cute as it, and while people slam it for being another Fire/Fighting starter, I do at least like the design theme as well and Emboar is strong when you train it well.

Litwick line: My fave of the 5th Gen Fire-types. Ghost/Fire is very unique but also it's a powerful special attacker that often found a spot on my team in those games.

Larvesta line: Majestic, and continues the unique factor of the 5th Gen Fire-types.

Reshiram: I always voted for any 5th Gen legendary options in most polls, and no surprise here too. It's very beautiful yet very strong as well, and given Black was my first 5th Gen game it was natural I'd vote it.

Fennekin line: My second-fave Kalos starter. I love the design theme, since mages are a strong class in typical RPGs.

Fletchinder & Talonflame: Badass fiery bird, with a competitively threatening ability to make it even more fearsome.

Litleo line: The first proper lion Pokemon, and make it awesome by giving it fiery hair. Having Normal-type as well makes for uniqueness since we never had such a combination before.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I actually had to think about this, but I'm voting for Torchic because I'm a Hoenn kid.

Speaking of Hoenn, where's poor Torkoal and Numel? I don't see them in the poll anywhere so I'm also kinda voting for those as well.

Years
    Speaking of Hoenn, where's poor Torkoal and Numel? I don't see them in the poll anywhere so I'm also kinda voting for those as well.

As Brendino mentioned, he couldn't fit everything in the poll so that's where the "Other" option comes in.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Theres alot of fire types i like but i really really love the litwick, volcarona, fennekin, and fletchinder lines.

Litwick has a very cool combo and despite it being based off a candle, lantern and chandalier its still a wicked cool poke.

Volcarona needs no explanation

The fennekin like is psychic and fire plus its stylish plus those ears i mean THOSE EARS

And Fletchinder and Talonflame i mean comeon, COMEON, its another flying and fire type, bravebird+flare blitz kills many things within a 100 mile radius and the design is too awesome to hate

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I like many fire types - especially the Fire Foxes, the Fire Lion, the fiery weasel, fire canine - top favorites of mine...

overall had to vote for my #1 favorite Pokemon at this moment - Flareon.

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
    Years
    I could have gone on voting for all, but I decided to vote for my top 5 favorites instead.
    Cyndaquil line- Crystal was my first game and Cyndaquil was my first starter, and in-game it was so good, I had to vote for them.
    Ho-Oh- It looks so magnificient and its moves are so great (especially Sacred Fire), it's obvious that I had to vote for the Rainbow Pokemon.
    Chimchar Line- Chimchar is so cute and its evolutions have such a wide set of moves, and being my first Gen IV starter, I
    picked it.
    Tepig Line- Same reason as Chimchar, only difference being my first Gen V starter.
    Reshiram- Reshiram is so good, I remember crushing all the trainers and Elite Fours (and of course, then comes the champion) again and again only with him. And, Blue Flare is SO good, I have to vote for Reshiram.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    My vote:
    Vulpix & Ninetales - Nostalgia choice. Ninetales was my favorite Pokemon from about age four to thirteen. Ninetales remains one of my favorites only for the nostalgia ; my admiration of its design waned long ago.

Growlithe & Arcanine - Arcanine's design seems to have improved over time. In older generations it's mane/fur tufts looked more spiky and umkempt and it's face was broadened compared to how it is portrayed now. With a softer, fluffier look to its fur and a more mature looking face. I also enjoy using Arcanine in battles! Intimidate + Wil-o-Wisp in Doubles UU is quite useful.

Fennekin + Braixen + Delphox - Delphox is the only final stage starter who's design I love. I was disappointed at the release of Braixen as it was bipedal, I would have preferred it stay on four legs. Then Delphox came out. A WITCH FOX! I do think it's face looks slightly too "pinched" front on, but I am still very fond of it's design.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I ended up voting for Charizard, Magmar and Delphfox.

Charizard may be overrated but I still love him.

Magmar's pretty damn cool althrough as much as I like the gen 4 evolutions I don't really like Magmorater.... aside from the arm cannon which is pretty damn cool.

Delphfox: Hands down best Kalos Starter and I love it's typing.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Anything to stop Charizard winning this vote haha.

Vulpix/Ninetales - Out of all of Gen 1, Vulpix is undoubtedly one of the cutest 'mons, rivalled only by the eeveelutions (with Wiggly/Jigglytuff and Clefairy as close seconds haha). My love for this line grew a lot when I chose her as my partner in Explorers of Sky! She never proved anything but dependable as an ally. :)

Growlithe/Arcanine - Who doesn't love these two fiery canines? These originals outrank the Houndour line hands-down imo.

Flareon - If it's an eeveelution, it gets a vote from me! Like Sheep said, Flareon is just adorable and hard not to love. :)

Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion - Some cool-looking 'mons right here. As awesome Fire-types, they're usually my go-to choice for Gen 2, especially considering the general lack of said type in Johto.

Ho-oh - I've always liked Ho-oh, enough for him to earn a vote.

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape - No need for an explanation here. They're fire monkeys, that's enough said, right?

Victini - One of the cuter Legendary Pokemon. :D

Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure - These guys are awesome! At first I was a bit sceptical about the design but then again, I am about any Pokemon that isn't based off a living creature. Still, they grew on me and have helped me through many tough battles!

Larvesta/Volcarona - For reasons already stated, in previous posts and the Bug-type voting thread.

Last edited:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    I LOVE EVERY SINGLE FIRE TYPE THERE IS but I ended up only voting for the Cyndaquil line because Typhlosion's my favorite Pokemon ever :-]
    Sorry Chandy

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Fire is the closest thing to my favorite type because it's the only type that I consistently always battle with, because I always pick the Fire starters, which are all choices I have voted for. Blaziken by itself in particular, as it was my choice of starter in Emerald, my first game in the series, and I have since moved up my old pal Blazer up to Gen 6. :) I'm also a huge fan of the Fennekin line altogether, I'm just so in love with their adorable designs! <3 I also really love Charizard, especially its Megas.

Other Pokémon/lines I'm quite fond of include the Vulpix line, Flareon, the Litwick line, Ponyta/Rapidash, Fletchinder/Talonflame, and Reshiram. It also helps that Ho-Oh, Victini, and Moltres are among my favorite legendaries. And even though we haven't seen anything but its in-game model, I really dig Volcanion's design (well minus the giant donut sticking out of him) and his typing. I'm quite looking forward to see him in the anime at whatever point he'll be in.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    If the Typhlosion line actually wins the final poll then I will rage quit the forums.

(I'm just kidding please don't take me seriously.)

Years
    I voted for Entei because it was probably my first favorite legendary pokemon. I love the way it looks, and the TCG cards look really nice (mind you I know how to play the TCG).

I used to have this very accurate little figure of an Entei. I wonder where it has gone to...

Years
    Thank you to everyone who voted this week! While we still aren't hitting the activity levels from last year, this was the most active poll this year, so let's keep it up!

To be honest, this poll may very well go down as not only the upset of the year, but possibly the biggest surprise in Favorite Pokémon Tournament history! The Charizard family, who were last year's tournament champions, went down in a burning ring of fire, losing in the preliminary round to their Johto counterparts, Cyndaquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion. Congratulations to them on the upset, and best of luck to them in this year's finale!

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the results of this week's other poll- Ice type Pokémon. The next set of polls should be up in a few hours, so check back soon for those!!

Back