• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pok?mon Tournament 2015 - Flying

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    This is a tough one, because I adore flying type Pokémon. Decided against picking all the birds in the end and ended with these five lines:

Doduo/Dodrio - Great attack and great speed, an amazingly offensive Pokémon and a lot of more fun to use than just your standard regional bird. Also, it's a multiheaded bird, how awesome is that?

Aerodactyl - This is an old favorite of mine. I've always loved ancient Pokémon as well as flying types. Combine and Aerodactyl is your result.

Murkrow/Honchkrow - Honchkrow is the big boss Pokémon, immediately you see a mafia leader or something for your eyes. Yup.

Skarmory - A bird that actually has defense for a change, in which it's rare. They're really annoying to beat if you don't have any electric or fire type attacks and fun to you to use.

Noivern/Noibat - They're dragons and so incredibly fluffy, how can one not love them?

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I love the bird Pokemon the most, so naturally I love all the Flying Type Pokemon A LOT. I picked Murkrow (again. I voted for it in the Dark Type category) but I also picked the three legendary birds. I've always really liked them and Ho-oh.

Sirfetch’d

I voted for other! There are quite a few from the list that I like but I want my vote to go to the Vullaby line.These Pokemon are so cute and a bit under appreciated as a whole. Not to mention their typing is really sweet.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Rayquaza and Yveltal aren't in here? Whaaat o_O

In any case, here's the ones I voted for that were listed:

Gen I legendary bird trio - Just love all these three guys so much, I can't pick a favorite. I'd be happy if any one of them wins :3

Charizard - A. I always pick the fire starters, and B., he's undeniably one of the most iconic mons :P I love his design so much, not to mention his megas. Also...he's the only flying starter? Huh, interesting o.o

Skarmory - A personal particular favorite of mine. I like its typing, and its design is just the epitome of "cool" for me.

Ho-Oh - One of my favorite legendaries, and my preference over Lugia. Love its gorgeous design and its rainbow wings <3 I also love that it has a very special cameo in the very first anime episode, the earliest cameo a Pokémon has ever made before its generation. I'm sure a lot of people have a soft spot for Ho-Oh from seeing the first episode as a kid and wondering what that gorgeous golden bird was for the longest time :) It was the very first legendary Pokémon to be shown in the anime, too...I think it was a very magical moment. As much as I like Lugia, I didn't vote for him in hopes that Ho-Oh can beat him this time >.<

Taillow/Swellow - I've very fond memories of using them in both Emerald and AS, so I have a soft spot for them.

Other ones I like- Swablu line, Fletchling line, Gligar line, Noibat line, Pidgey line, Spearow line, Aerodactyl, Emolga

As for the unlisted ones:

Rayquaza - A couple things...Emerald was my first game, green is my favorite color, and his design is just so badass! The whole Rayquaza arc in the Delta episode was just too amazing for words, and don't even get me started on Mega Rayquaza... It also gave us one of the best tracks in the series, ever.

Yveltal - Love its design so much that its what provoked me to get Y over X, although I've come to really love Xerneas over time.

Vivillon - Ever since my Spewpa evolved into Vivillon a while ago, I fell in love with it so much that it instantly became one of my top 5 Pokémon, ever. <3 Best butterfly~

Ninjask - I became quite fond of Ninjask ever since it evolved from Nincada in my Alpha Sapphire playthrough. I had used it quite often in my party ever since, and it's among my favorites.

Zubat line - Despite the family's infamy, I quite love Zubat and Crobat. <3 I used a Zubat prominently in my AS playthrough.

Beautifly - Undoubtedly my second favorite butterfly/moth Pokémon. I also used a Beautifly prominently in AS named Sunlight, and used her in quite a lot of contests. :)

Others- Salamence, Masquerain

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot - Can't forget these classic flying-types!

Articuno - For the reason stated in the Ice-type poll. I've always loved him most out of the three Legendary birds and he was one of my favourite 'mons as a little kid. c:

Togekiss - I adore Togekiss! It's too bad he's usually difficult to obtain so he's rarely a part of my team. );

Murkrow/Honchkrow - Honchkrow reminds me of those old pointy-masked witch doctors, or even someone out of a Mafia movie. So yeah, he's pretty cool!

Ho-oh - Ho-oh is one awesome-looking Legendary! I... don't know what else to say. xD;

Altaria - Altaria is so sweet-looking and her Mega is even better! <3

Emolga - Though Emolga gave me a lot of trouble in Pokemon Black 2 during the battle with Elesa, I still love this cute little flying squirrel!

Rufflet/Braviary - These two seem rather forgotten in my eyes, despite their great designs. I even prefer them over most of the Normal/Flying-types you find throughout the generations.

Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame - As with most of the Gen 6 Pokemon, I wasn't too keen on the looks of this line but they grew on me! Besides, Talonflame can be a boss in competitive play!

Noibat/Noivern - After handling a baby bat recently, I've fallen in love with these guys even more. xD

Years
    Lugia - My favorite Johto legendary. I really like the "storm" theme revolving around its lore

Swablu line -
    Altaria was the first Flying-type Pokemon that I used in my first playthrough of RSE, so to me there's some nostalgia tied to it's evolutionary line

Starly line -
    My favorite regional birds. I think I said this over at the Normal-type poll, but they look great both in design and battle

I forgot to check off the "Others" box, but my mention goes out to Salamence and Rayquaza

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Went with Togetic. I'm not partial to many flying types, to be honest. But Togetic is really quite cute, and Togekiss is nice competitively in doubles.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love too many flying types pft. Though I managed to limit it to a .... few.

Pidgey Line - Tied with Fletching as my favorite bird line. Was my favorite bird line until the Fletchling line came along hahaha.

Articuno - My favorite Legendary Bird out of the three. It's justso so pretty and they always animated it so pretty and ugh I just love it asthetically??

Lugia - I will always have a soft spot for Lugia fight me.

Altaria - I must vote for Altaria because best fluffy bird.

Fletchling Line - Mainly Fletchling and Fletchinder but ugh I love this line a lot especially asthetically? And it kicks ass so that's a bonus too.

Years
    There are quite a few here, but i'll go with Altaria and Skarmory. The former for reasons i'm sure i've talked about, and the latter for being a cool metal bird with a neat design, even if competitive players had it extremely overused.

There are others I voted but those two are my first picks.

Years
    This poll is even harder since Flying is popular as a secondary type. Also, I'm limiting myself to 3 choices and trying not to represent previous polls but it can't be helped.
    First is Articuno which I appreciate due to its beauty and design.
    Second is Crobat which I had to choose Other for it.
    Last is Mandibuzz, one of my favorites from Generation 5 which I used somewhat often in Black for the Battle Subway.

Years
    Thank you to everyone who voted this week- very happy to see both this poll and the Grass type poll reach 100+ voters each!

This poll proved to be quite interesting, as we saw a few Pokémon fall from grace. After losing out on the Fire type poll a few weeks ago, Charizard once again failed to make it to the finals, ensuring a new champion for 2015. And last year's Flying type champions- the Talonflame family, not only failed to repeat as winners, but finished a very distant 7th. In the end, it was ironically the guardian of the seas Lugia who flew past the competition, winning the Flying type poll, and earning itself a spot in the finale!

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the results over in this week's other poll- Grass type Pokémon. The final set of polls before the grand finale will be up in the next 24 hours, so be sure to keep checking back in Pokémon General for those!

Back