• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Professional Sport?

Favorite pro sport?

• American Football

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Football/Soccer

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Baseball

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Hockey

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Basketball

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Golf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Automobile Racing

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Horseback Racing

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    First off I just want to say well done for putting the choice "Football/soccer" as a lot of people probably would have just put "Soccer" and that's not what we call it where I live :D But yeah I chose football (or soccer to you Americans) I love it. It's probably the biggest sport in Scotland where I live. Most people say the reason they don't watch football is because of all the over dramatic diving the players do. Well in Scotland we don't have that problem as in Scotland the game is rougher. The only team that really dives/cheats is a team called "Rangers". I think you can see what team I support by my signature.

Haha, but my favourite team's beaten both of you on many occasions.

I'll give you a clue - one of our strikers is the highest-scoring Mexican player in the history of the Premier League :P

Yeah, I guess I like Football the best. I have interest in motor racing too, but can't be bothered to sit around watching it. I wouldn't go to see it live, but I would go to a football match.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Football (Soccer) is the only sport I can watch with regularity, usually if there's any sort of football on TV i'll watch it. Of course i'll watch the cricket if it's the Ashes and I was watching when England won the Rugby World Cup.

I don't really have a team, however. Sunderland AFC is my "local" team, or at least the nearest professional team to where I live, and I like seeing them do well (Which is rare), but calling myself a supporter when i've been to about 2 matches in my lifetime is pushing it a bit. If they're on TV i'll try and watch them.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • My favorite Professional sport would have to be Water Polo. I love to play it and I love to watch it when I can. Too bad they never show it on TV in the US...

Years
  • In order: Basketball, American football, baseball, and hockey. I have an interest in other professional sports, but I don't follow them quite as readily as these four. Granted, I never have time to watch any games, and I haven't really followed the hometown NBA team on TV as much as the other three these past 5 years because, honestly, they've just been awful, and now that they're interesting I don't have the time to watch them.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Definitely American Football.

Packers are going to the Superbowl, baby! Go, Pack, Go!

I do watch golf on occasion, and my sister used to be a swimmer, so I am slightly interested in that.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • My favorite sports are Golf and Curling.
    Both of them are scottish games actually.

Though I also do enjoy watching Soccer and American Football on TV.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    My favorite sport is none above the choices, but it's Badminton. I really like this sport, almost all of us, which is my family, friends, and classmates, play.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Basketball. It's a hell of a lot more complicated than it seems. I also started watching basketball the year before the OKC Thunder existed, so I guess I could credit them with keeping my interest up.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • My favorite sport, would definitely have to be volleyball.
    I played Volleyball all through my high-school career on Varsity, and was a captain my Sophomore through Senior years.
    I like hard floor volleyball better than beach volleyball though, but both are fun :)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • "First off I just want to say well done for putting the choice "Football/soccer""

Yup, this. I'm a very happy Norwich fan at this moment in time. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    hmmm well my favourite sport is swimming since I've been in the team since i was 15 or so and everybody says I'm pretty good at it but for me I'm not good enough yet. I used to participate a lot in speed swimming which is for time and also as a race. Then after that I started to practice my resistance since i was fast but I couldnt stay much under water. I used to swim about 1500 meters which are about 1.5 kms in 1 hour, of course taking the usual breaks and all that but then I got too many stuff to do and i couldnt do it anymore :P I do have medals though =D

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • I'm not surprised that not many of you have said rugby, but it is an incredible sport.

I prefer Rugby Union to League, mainly because its what I play. I'm Welsh as well, so I'm gutted that we lost last night in the Six Nations :/

dizzyKitty

The Confuzzled Coding Cat
    Years
  • I never really followed many sports growing up (my sister was a huge horseracing fan, but not really me). Recently I've gotten into hockey. I frequent a rink near my college where the Capitals practice and I'm looking into getting tickets to see my first game with my boyfriend. Funstuff! :3

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Football. The European kind (which is the REAL football so I refuse to call it soccer. kthnx)
    I don't care about how many goals are scored, if my team wins and plays well it's enough. I like to see players' skills with their feet, their teamwork and not just some physically buffed oxes tackling each others all the time in a game which is being interrupted all the time and is played with an egg.

Other than football, I like badminton and tennis.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • I like to horse back ride. It's an awesome sport, and, unlike some people think, it's not easy. It's not just sitting there and letting the horse do all the work. If you do that, you're guaranteed to fall off.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Football/soccer. It's the game I religiously follow, it's the game that brings out all my emotion, and it's the best game in the world. I support Liverpool..And recently.. tell you what, that hasn't been easy. But we're slowly turning the corner. King Kenny will soon bring success back to Anfield.

I rarely enjoy other sports..But recently I've been getting into NFL and NHL. Following Atlanta Falcons and Pittsburgh Penguins respectively. Don't ask me why I chose those teams..I just liked them when I watched them play.

PokeGirlX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Probably basketball. I don't pay attention to sports that much but I like watching NBA or WNBA games sometimes and it's also my favorite sport to play with my friends. :)

Back