• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starter Pokemon

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • I'd have to say BLAZEKIN. peple nthinks that's weird for some reason but the pokemon's cool.

Years
  • Turtwig's my favourite overall.
    I like the way he looks (Turtles are lovely) and I simply L-O-V-E Torterra's type combination and awesome STAB.
    Even though it comes with a 4x weakness, it's also advantaging: Torterra can't be paralyzed (exceptions are Stun Spore, which almost no one uses and Static but pokemon that have the ability are pretty rare), is immune to Sandstrom (a HUGE plus) and takes less Stealth Rock damage than other starters.
    The low Speed is a HUGE advantage and here's why: Trick Room. Two short words.
    Under Trick Room (Brave) Torterra becames a hellish terminator that sweeps half a team (and sometimes even more) until Trick Room is over (Or Life Orb recoil faints it).
    Torterra may need team support BUT when used correctly it's a NIGHTMARE to its opponent.

But here's Top 5:
    1. Turtwig
    2. Mudkip
    3. Cyndaquil
    4. Bulbasaur
    5. Chikorita

And last, regional choices:
    Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Johto: Chikorita
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Turtwig
    Isshu: Pokabu

All are quadrupedals... Hehehehee...

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Well, of all, I like the grass starters most. Of the grass starters, I like Bulbasaur the best, it's not even funny, and it's a HUGE gap between my second favorite, which is Treeko.

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    Kanto: Bulbasaur (It was my first Pokemon!)
    Johto: Cynadquil (I first chose Chikorita in Gold, then reset once I hit the Sprout Tower.)
    Hoenn: Treeko (Sceptile is my favorite Pokemon!)
    Sinnoh: None (I picked Turtwig, but I don't love any of them really)
    Isshu: None (I haven't played the games yet, but I'm going to pick Tsutaja)

With that, my favorite has to be Treeko, Bulbasaur is second. So, with the exception of Cynadquil, I've chosen the grass type in every region... and I plan to continue that tradition.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Totodile
    Hoenn: Treecko
    Sinnoh: Chimchar
    Isshu: Mijumaru

^ The answer to your question. :D

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • It used to be Charmander, but now it has to be Smugleaf (with Pokabu a close second, but you can't beat that sneer ;) ).

shadow2792

the shadow in the night
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    CYNDAQUIL :D he is probably my favorite fire pokemon of all time.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Johto: Totodile
    Sinnoh: Chimchar
    Ishuu: Mijumaru(Although I started off with Tsutaja)

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • If pokemon was real I would choose Charmander in real life bcause charizard can fly.
    But my favorite one is Squirtle because.. I LIKE TURTLES!(It's true)

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Sinnoh: Piplup

This sounds pretty bad but I always tend to go for the nicest looking ones ^.^' The only starters that I thought were ALL nice were the Kanto starters

Back