• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Character?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • Which character in the Pokémon Anime is your favourite overall and why?

My favourite character is Koharu, becuase (SwSh Anime Spoilers:)

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hmm my favorite character... Honestly it would probably be Trip from Unova. I am not a big fan on how he treats Ash, but overall he is a great guy and I am similar to him. I don't like communicating much and I love taking pictures. He even helps Ash and the others out every now and then. Plus I love his clothing. I don't like everything about Trip, like I really hate how rude he can be I think if there had been fewer rivals and a better cast over all, I think Trip would have been a much better character, but he sorta reminds me of Silver in a way.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I was most like May when she started out in AG (even in some aspects of appearance, on top of being clumsy and naive ^^;;;), so I used to find her a little embarrassing as a kid, but I loved her growth and she was amazing in the Kanto GF and I was so happy to see her celebrated as Princess of Hoenn in DP! Always been a motherly sort, so I really loved the Manaphy movie too...

My personal favourite main girls are Iris and Lillie, I find them and their struggles relatable.

I found Lillie relatable with her trauma-induced dissociative amnesia, issues with her mother, even the storyline of how she overcame her fear so she could touch creatures she used to love but developed a fear of touching? I had the same!!! My first housecat after I got over that fear was called Snowy too, I was floored when Shiron got that dub name ;3; Plus, I love the classic "young lady"/"ojou" aura she exudes in the anime.

I also found Iris very relatable for being ostracized for being "different" in school, the walls she put up, how hard it was for her to open up and relate to her friends and Pokemon like Excadrill at first! A Dragon empath with trouble empathizing with others, who taps into her powers after she starts getting better at opening up to others and trying to sincerely understand them [Excadrill, Dragonite, even Emolga], that was so unique!

I also grew up loving rough-mannered, tomboyish girls and more elegant, upperclass boys who are kind of foppish or feminine, so! Same things I loved about Jessie and James, I find in Iris and Cilan, although Iris beats out Cilan for my fave of the BW! trio.

Hmm my favorite character... Honestly it would probably be Trip from Unova. I am not a big fan on how he treats Ash, but overall he is a great guy and I am similar to him. I don't like communicating much and I love taking pictures. He even helps Ash and the others out every now and then. Plus I love his clothing. I don't like everything about Trip, like I really hate how rude he can be I think if there had been fewer rivals and a better cast over all, I think Trip would have been a much better character, but he sorta reminds me of Silver in a way.

Same fave!! ;3;

Trip is my current favourite male character! (First one was James from Team Rocket, because I did join the fandom way back in like fifth grade for the TRio and Rocketshipping, fff!)--anyone who looks at my art thread will have no doubts about that. ^^;;;;;; I draw so much Trip...

Definitely, he was quiet and withdrawn, but aside from Ash (who gave the wrong impression at first, particularly in Japanese, because his speaking style while acceptable in rural areas like Masara/Pallet, comes off vulgar to city folks + a generous helping of xenophobia on Trip's part, welp), he was always much kinder and nicer than other jerk rivals? His biggest jerk move was disrupting peace efforts and burning the Venipede and, even then, it was because he had a very cynical and pragmatic world view and didn't believe peaceful means could work...

Even when he was a jerk, he still helped Ash multiple times and didn't take advantage of stuff like Oshawott's fear, pointed out when Ash's Pokemon hadn't perfected its attack... he was never outright abusive and cruel to his own like Paul was. Trip's Pokemon love (Serperior!) and are protective of him (Conkeldurr, etc.).

He's open to changing and growing and learning from others, even when he looked down on Ash (imitated his battling style once, started questioning his view of strength sometime between Venipede and meeting Alder again, etc.).

Also, he has two of the creepiest Ghost types in Unova and my personal favourites (Frillish and Lampent!!), gotta love him.

Trip's clothes were based on ~ 2010's fashion trends, they might not have aged very well (layering those bright blazers/jackets on neutral clothes), but he was definitely fashionable. : D;

When it comes to the main cast, I hate to see fans picking on them or trashing any one of them to prop up another! ;_; They're all lovely in their own ways... there's something to love and appreciate about all of them, they all have admirable traits and cute quirks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dawn.
    I simply enjoyed the anime the most because of her when I watched DP for the first time. Nothing else beyond that.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • "My favourite character is Dawn. I like her Pokémon team and contest episodes lots. Dawn had such great character development and was such an exciting character. Her Pokémon team had such good variety and personalities. I also ship Dawn with Ash. I think Dawn needs a cameo in Pokémon Journeys soon. My other favourite character is Korrina. I like everything about Korrina. Korrina could wear a faux leather jacket if she gets another cameo in Pokémon Journeys. I own two faux leather jackets that were given to me by a friend."

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
    Years
    • She / They
    • Spain
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    James ♡

He's just such a lovable dork and drama queen, and I always loved how he was so kind to his Pokémon despite being a "villain" (if you can even call him that) to the point where they always ended up joining him willingly. Honestly, as much as I like Team Rocket as a whole, I kinda wish he left on his own journey like Ash and that we got a spinoff of it so I could be interested in the anime again, teehee.

I also liked Dawn and Brock, but I feel like I'd find Brock kind of creepy if I rewatched the show now that I'm older >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    My favourite is Serena. My favorite pokemon, Braixen, is my favorite and I was really happy when Serena's fennekin evolved. I really love sylveon too, my favorite eeveelution

Years
  • My favourite is Serena. My favorite pokemon, Braixen, is my favorite and I was really happy when Serena's fennekin evolved. I really love sylveon too, my favorite eeveelution

Braixen is too cute! Agreed there. I also love Serena. \o/

Mine is probably Lillie, she's just adorable and grew on me almost immediately. Do like Go and Chloe a lot too, Go for being a more unique character with a different goal to the usual sidekicks so far, and Chloe for being a breath of fresh air with her character/personality (also her design)!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Not from the SWSH anime, but I've always liked Paul. He's such a sassy little shit disturber and I loved that lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    waves hand at username. i could go for a while as to why but overall he's a fun protag that i honestly have enjoyed watching a lot throughout the years despite all the things that have happened hahah.

Years
  • My favorite is Serena. I like to dance, so the idea of Showcases really appeals to me. Plus the arc of her figuring out what her dream is is really relatable to me. Also when she makes friends with Eevee and it evolves into Sylveon was totally awesome.

Back