• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Gym Leader?

Favourite Gym Leader?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I just like Wallace. I don't know why. In R/S he is a gym leader while in E he is a champion. Both the times he was rather "amusing".

---EDIT---
    Forgot to tell, he also uses my favorite type; water.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    For FRLG it has to be Koga. He gave me so much trouble it wasn't even funny! ;;

And for RSE it's the darling Brawly. Oh did he keep me from advancing so many times. On my first ever run through of Ruby I didn't defeat him until my team was mid-20's. \:

None of my favorites use my favourite type, however.

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
    This was a hard choice but my favorite is Erika, because I like her style and pokemon.

My close runner ups where Sabrina and Wallace x)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    FR/LG: Brock, Misty (because of their roles in the anime), Lt. Surge and Erika

R/S/E: Roxanne, Winona (they're pretty)

Years
    I like Blaine from FR/LG and Norman the best from R/S/E, though not neccessarily as opponents. I always thought that the trivia questions were fun in the Cinnabar Gym (even if they were easy), and I wish we would have gotten a little more backstory about Blaine and Mr. Fuji.
    I liked that Norman was introduced as your father in R/S/E, and he is still the only one that we know of throughout all the games.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
    For FR/LG, it's Lt. Surge and Sabrina for me.

For R/S/E, my favorites are Flannery, Winona, and Wallace.

All because of how awesome these characters were in the manga. <3

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Winona is one of my all-time favorite gym leaders. Why? She's a freaking beast with her flying/dragon types! Tate & Liza comes in 2nd because the double gym battle was flipping awesome, and Wattson comes in 3rd because he makes me laugh :]

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years

Wattson is so annoying. His gym is more steel than electric in Sapphire. The starter that you would think would have an advantage actually has it the hardest. Torchic is super effective against steel and mudkips ground typing negates electric attacks. Even with treekos resistance to electric none of his attacks do hardly any damage

EDIT: Oh my god I thought this was the most annoying gym leader thread, woops. Guess my vote stays with Wattson then but in reality I would have gone for Brawly, he pretty cool. O.O

Last edited:

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
    I never played R/S/E series. So for FR/LG my favorite is Misty. She was hard to beat but I love her personality and her debut in the anime.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I chose Brock... because he's the first gym scrub everyone completely wipes the floor with. Gotta feel bad for the poor guy. Not his Onix though.

I also liked Norman. His Slaking were very fun to battle, especially with PROTECT every other turn!

Back