• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Gym Leader?

Favourite Gym Leader?

• Total voters

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    The 7th gym leaders, in R/S/E, Liz and Tate. They were ultra fun to battle IMO, I like hard battles like those (I beat em without surfffff<3).

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    It's gotta be between Blaine and Wallace they are like, who I'd jam with if pokemon was real.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    The 7th gym leaders, in R/S/E, Liz and Tate. They were ultra fun to battle IMO, I like hard battles like those (I beat em without surfffff<3).
    Oh yes! Why did I forgot about these two! D: .. I mean they were absolutely fun to battle with! ..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Personally I kinda liked Flannery, something about her had a childhood innocence but wanting to be a leader/prove herself. Fire types were also awesome back then, lol.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I do really hope they'd be making a remake off the Hoenn Region, so the gym leaders could have some new stuff to them as well. :D

Years
    FR/LG: I'd have to say Koga. Awesome Gym setup and he's a ninja which automatically makes him bad-ass
    R/S/E: Probably Brawly. He gave me a hard time my first run through Emerald, and was the only one to do so.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    Blaine has always been my favorite, probably because I love fire types and Arcanine :3

From the first page I quoted this because I feel the same way :3 I remember I was little I had a dream I battled Blaine and it was Arcanine vs Arcanine. My favorite poke is fire so that's prob why I like him so much.

Sap Sipper

Terrified of Bad Luck.
    Years
    Winona. I love her outfit, she gave me the biggest challenge out of all the Gym Leaders in Hoenn, and I think she's one of the most underrated Gym Leaders of them all. Her Skarmory was so annoying, even when I had a Blaziken.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2012
    I voted for Wattson because he gave me the most fun battle. It was truly a well-played bout, I had to use every trick my admittedly limited Pokemon had.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    My favorite advance generation's gym leaders are Sabrina and Blaine, because they are both cool gym leaders with cool Pokemons.

Years
    I voted for Wattson because he gave me the most fun battle. It was truly a well-played bout, I had to use every trick my admittedly limited Pokemon had.

I remember Wattson's Manectric, it was what inspired me to catch one.

Although I loved its cry.

Wattson also laughs, he is an awesome Gym Leader.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I like..
    Erika, Sabrina, Blaine, Roxanne, Wattson, Flannery, Winona, Tate & Liza because well...idk

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    Although I voted for 4 leaders, my favorite leader of the two generations was Sabrina. Aside from liking psychic pokemon, I even more so like that her character has psychic abilities as well. I remember watching the anime with her and Kadabra in her gym, and the episode in which she transformed Misty/Brock/Erica's mother into dolls for her dollhouse. Really? Do these other leaders have a background more interesting than that?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    Sabrina is a very cool trainer. Brock is old school so i guess he's fine too :)

Years
    Wattson is my fave cos of his Manectric, it inspired me to catch one in every game I played since Ruby (although I needed Poke Transfer to get it in Black) I still cherish it as my first major Electric-type to make it on my main team.

And Wattson loves to laugh a lot!

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    FRLG: I chose Erika, Koga, and Blaine. XD It's really hard for me to pick a favorite person a lot of the time since I almost always like more than one. Grass- and Poison-types are some of my favorites, so that's why I chose Erika and Koga. I picked Blaine because I like Cinnabar and the Pokémon he uses. ^^

RSE: Roxanne and Flannery. I was disappointed with a lot of these Gym Leaders, but these two were good imo.

Back