• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Starter Pokemon!

Which is your favourite starter Pokemon from both sets of games (DPPt and HGSS)?

• Turtwig line

Votes: 39 29.1%
  • Piplup line

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • Chimchar line

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • Chikorita line

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Totodile line

Votes: 52 38.8%
  • Cyndaquil line

Votes: 61 45.5%

• Total voters

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
Years
  • Piplup's evolutionary line has been my favorite. I have not even tried the other Sinnoh starters, but Piplup seems to work for me. In HeartGold, it was Chikorita.

Years
  • cyndaquil line is definitely my favorite. i always choose the fire type starter, because i like fire better than water or grass, and cyndaquil is a great fire type.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Turtwig and Chikorita. These two make the game most challenging plus they are aesthetically pleasing. My least favorite are Totodile and Chimchar because they look all slobbery and yuck. :o

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    In HG I have to admit that Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion was my favorite, which was a big step for me since I'm not a fan of Fire types. With the Cyndaquil-lines' good SpA and Spe, I had my Typhlosion run a hit-and-run tactic that made me sleep well at nights.

In Diamond, Turtwig had the honors. I'm a big fan of Grass types and let's be honest, Torterra just looks awesome (it goes around carrying a tree on its back!). He also learned good moves to really use his high Attack stats, though his SpA could have been better...

Years
  • HeartGold: cyndaquil
    White: snivy
    Diamond: chimcharr

i really like fire types and grass types. not too crazy about the water types but i remember on my old school crystal version i had a fraligator at the end and i liked him a lot. lately though my brother and i have gotten into the diamond/pearl pokemon show ya know with ash ketchum and everybody and just recently saw the episode where ash meets turtwig and it made me kind of wish i had picked him over chimcharr. hes soooo cute!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'd say Cyndaquil, not only because it has cool design (IMO), it also wins it with nostalgia value as well. (was my starter for Pokemon Gold)

Years
  • Cyndaquil line. I can't pick one for DPPt as I don't really like any of them. In fact, I don't really care for any of the starters after Gen 2.

Years
  • In Gen IV I preferred Totodile, Turtwig and Chimchar. I didn't like the look of Cyndiquil at all, nor Chicorita for that matter, Piplup was the hardest for me to raise in Diamond.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • What? No love for Chikorita? Well the Chikorita family is my favorite from Johto, but from Sinnoh it was very hard to choose, but all of them age good :]

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Generally, I choose the Grass type for my starter, but for some reason, I always make an exception in Johto and go with Totodile. Don't really know why, but for some reason I just have to choose him.

Now, I haven't played any of the Sinnoh games, but if I ever did, I'd probably pick Turtwig.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    For Sinnoh, it's a tie between Chimchar and Turtwig; and for Johto, it's Chikorita.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    For Sinhoh it would be Chimchar,while Jhoto,it would be Totildile.

Back