• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite theme songs

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    For non-anime shows I'd have to say that the 'Wizards of Waverly Place' and 'Spongebob Squarepants' would be my favorite. I don't know why WoWP is my favorite, maybe after watching it so many times with my younger cousins it finally stuck to me. :x

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmmmmmmmmm, probably Futurama, cause it sounds kinda like a Christmas jingle with the music and all. Plus the opening looks more futuristic than the show itself. XD Oh and I'd say The Simpsons would be probably the most memorable.

And there's an opening I really hate... but I can't remember what it is. :( It's of this kids show and it sounds like moaning cats or something! :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Either the Pokémon (Gen I) theme... or the Medabots theme... They rocked :D Though the Big Bang Theory also has a good theme tbh ;)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well, let's try this again. I don't have a particular favorite theme song, but let's just go with SpongeBob SquarePants. Even after all these years, I still find it catchy. For non-cartoons, I like the theme songs of Wipeout and How I Met Your Mother.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My favourites are probably... Dilbert, Doctor Who, Firefly, and Big Bang Theory. And I guess the Pokémon themes but I'll leave anime out of this. :P And when I say "favourites", it usually just means I haaate fast-forwarding through the opening credits when I watch them. I tend to PVR everything or watch them on DVD so skipping them is usually an option and since I'm impatient, I tend to do it. xD

edit: ok I forgot about American cartoons somehow (despite mentioning Dilbert... how did I manage??). So.
    - Dexter's Lab
    - What's New Scooby Doo (I didn't even like this show but I'd always wait for the opening, watch it, and then channel surf)
    - Dexter's Labratory
    - Bill Nye the Science Guy (not a cartoon but part of my childhood <3)
    - Goosebumps (see above)
    - Jackie Chan Adventures
    - Reboot

...k now i'm done.

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I, as well as numerous others on here, know all the pokemon theme songs by heart :D minus the ones after Master Quest because they don't exist to me. I know that means I don't know them all by heart, but I stopped watching after Master Quest soooo...

My favorite theme songs are from sitcoms in the mid 80's early 90's because I grew up watching the re-runs as a kid :) and I used to memorize all the songs (well, as best as I could because looking back now I realize I butchered a lot of the lyrics). I would always sing to the theme songs of Step By Step, Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, and then even though there were no lyrics, I also enjoyed The Cosby Show themes too since they changed them a lot, especially the elevator music one.

However, out of those I mentioned above, my favorite theme song of all time is the Growing Pains theme song :) I sang that one the most and I just plain enjoyed the song. "Show me that smile again, show me that smile. Don't waste another minute on your crying, we're nowhere near the end, the best is ready to beeeeegin" <3

Vanilla Ice

Vanipeti <3
    Years
  • I don't know but I find the Mr Men and Little Miss theme song catchy and lovely. I also like X-Men cartoons and the Transformers musics. :D

I don't often watch the animes of Pokemon, stopping at Hoenn, but I heard the theme for Diamond and Pearl's We Will Be Heroes and I've to say, it's really captivating and meaningful. :)

iCarly's Leave It All To me just gets me going and humming often and I also miss the nostalgic sense when I hear the Charmed theme song. :)

Years
  • I've got a few unusual choices...

Dexter (it's one of my mother's fave shows and the theme is cool)

Top Gear (love the pace)

ABC News Theme (Um, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that is. It even became a dance hit penned by Pendulum - they're an Australian band)

rage (I love the screaming. If you don't know rage, it's an Australian music video show, I watch it every weekend)

Pokemon (obviously, I love all Pokemon themes. My fave is "We Will Be Heroes" from Season 11 Pokemon DP: Battle Dimension)

The Simpsons (very fast paced)

Diagnosis Murder (It's weird but I love the flute riff, very murder-y)

ER (I could never forget this one)

Last edited:

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Charmed had my all time favorite opening theme song. I also liked Monk's theme by Randy Newman. Anime themes like xxxHolic, Original Case Closed, the original Tenchi Muyo, and Cowboy Bebop are great as well. And of course Pokemon always has a catchy opening tune.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Oh my goodness, just so many:

Will & Grace
    Grey's Anatomy
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Angel
    Dollhouse
    Pokemon (original and first Johto themes)
    Sailor Moon
    Absolutely Fabulous
    Charmed
    Gilmore Girls
    Boston Legal
    The Big Bang Theory
    Hex

I'm sure there are more lol - I'm a humongus TV nerd, and when a show has a good theme song I have a nerdgasm. The reasoning for a lot of them is because of the nostalgia factor, but every single one of them just managed to fit their respective word so well.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Might as well answer this myself. Off the top of my head, The Simpsons theme is a theme tune classic in and of itself, and many HBO shows have great ones (given their massive budgets for every area of production, it's not surprising)! However, my favourites are probably more low-key. Parks and Recreation has a slight but perfectly fitted theme tune, and has even had its own Star Wars-themed parody:

And Cowboy Bebop. Can't forget the awesomeness of 'Tank!'

Back