• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Video Game Soundtrack

Years
My favorite has to be Pokemon DPP's soundtrack. I really like the piano feel they gave it, along with the jazz like themes some areas had. Some songs also gave a very calm tone. I always get nostalgic listening to this soundtrack. (Pokemon Platinum being my first Pokemon game in 2009.)

Some of my favorites: Route 216/217 , Mt.Coronet , Eterna Forest , Lake , Route 228 ,Route 225, and Vs.Cynthia.

I could probably name a lot more, but the list would be way too long. {XD}

Years
I have a large amount of favorites, honestly. For starters, I'll cut out the ones from games I haven't actually played;

Dungeon Siege's Theme Song
by Jeremy Soule
Spoiler:

This version, of course, is a fan remake, but it honestly makes it better while still very much being the same song but with a lot less orchestra.

This song represents perhaps a huge part of who I am and goes back to when I was a child. it was my favorite from the game and heavily encapsulates the theme of action and adventure within the game.

The Elder Scroll's V: Skyrim's Dovahkiin
by Jeremy Soule
Spoiler:

What hasn't already been said about it? To be perfectly honest, all of the last three Elder Scrolls had absolutely stunning openings, and I feel they're actually best chained together, but this one does stick out the most to me. Who knows. Maybe the sixth will be even better?

Final Fantasy VIII's Liberi Fatali
by Nobuo Uematsu
Spoiler:

An eerie, beautiful and sweeping song. Not much to really say or mention other than it basically being the sheer epicness of the Final Fantasy series, especially past the sixth main entry.

Final Fantasy VII's One Winged Angel
by Nobuo Uematsu
Spoiler:

Yet another entree from Final Fantasy. More or less the same, but moreso on the action aspect of Final Fantasy. I think I have a think for Latin.

Pokemon Black/White's N's Farewell
by Junichi Masuda
Spoiler:

A sad song. a good character, and a very emotional song.

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver's Dark Cave
by Junichi Masuda
Spoiler:

Honestly, I like both the original and remake. I used to only like the original, but I've since grown to look past the changes and recognize that it's just as heavy and simple. It's straight to the point.

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal's Champion Theme
by Junichi Masuda
Spoiler:

To be honest, my favorite version BY FAR is a fan remake, but I decided I'd try not to use too many covers and instead put my preferred official version.

Half-Life 2's Triage of Dawn
by Kelly Bailey
Spoiler:

s'beautiful. s'awesome. s'good.

aaand last but not least.

DOOM's At Doom's Gate
by Robert Prince
Spoiler:

BECAUSE IT'S DOOM!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Wasn't this a question in the- You know never mind.

So I'm a bit tied in my favorite OST

Vying for my undying love is

Black Mesa Source's OST (And every Half-Life game's OST)
Black Mesa's soundtrack is very well crafted (and was made with no pay). Playing the songs in order tells the situation on the ground during the Black Mesa incident. You can hear when the Marines were overrun, you can hear the feeling of the science team trying to call for help and contact the military, You can hear the All Out Warfare during the second day's fighting. It's fantastic really

The OST of every Bungie Halo game
Always beautiful and well thought out, The original trilogy are the apex of classic big orchestra music. The other two games play with other themes, ODST has a jazz ost, and Reach has a more modern orchestral sound. Something about the music just always seems perfect.

PAYDAY 2
I don't have too much to say here. Simon Viklund simply did a fantastic job at big heavy hitting club tracks that pair perfectly with the sounds of guns death and screaming. He also experiments with other sounds once in a while, such as more rock themed music, opera, and many more sounds.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
My top 3 favorite soundtracks, in any particular order.

I really love Ori and the blind forest, but my heart still choose the Minecraft's Ost.
+1 for Ori and the Blind Forest. That soundtrack is absolutely wonderful (especially that song when you are escaping the tree when it's being flooded.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I really love Ori and the blind forest, but my heart still choose the Minecraft's Ost.
Haven't played Ori and the Blind Forest yet, but I know it's beautiful and I wouldn't doubt the soundtrack is as well. I do love the Minecraft soundtrack too though! I learned how to play "Sweden" on piano a couple years ago. It's true some of them are kinda sad-sounding? But yeah, I guess I do have a soft spot for melancholic pieces. :P

Which brings me to my other favorite OSTs (I feel like I list them every time this topic comes up, but I'm consistent) - Final Fantasy X (full of aforementioned sad songs), I still think Undertale's OST is great, and another indie game that had a really interesting soundtrack was Thomas Was Alone, to name a few off the top of my head.

Years
Right now if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Legend of Dragoon soundtrack. I have no idea why, but I keep going back to listen to it as I do other things. It can't be nostalgia talking because I only just played the game for the first time the other year. But something about that soundtrack I just like. It's inspiring, it's...calming? I'm not even sure what to say about it.

Other soundtracks I enjoy are Undertale, Owlboy, Tales of Berseria, Final Fantasy IX, and...oh gosh, what was the other one I had in mind. Going oldschool, the Seiken Densetsu 3 soundtrack as well. I feel like there are more that I love, but I can't recall what they are at the moment.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Hi there, there are many games which have good soundtrack but I like Pokemon DPP's soundtrack.

Yukari

Personal favorite soundtrack is Persona 5's soundtrack.

Which is actually kinda ironic considering that I generally don't like that style of music but eh. It's really good.

Years
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue and Explorers of Sky, Diablo II, Undertale and Nier: Automata. The last one just destroyed me mentally.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Some of my favorite VGM soundtracks (as a whole) are Chrono Trigger, Twilight Princess, Mother 3, and Tales of Zestiria (despite me not liking the latter as a game per se). Persona 5 is coming in close to being in my top 5, though. Like damn, those are some good tracks.

Here, I made one of those top 50 album things for video games, so here's mine under the spoiler. Some of the third group are games I haven't finished or haven't played at all, honestly. Just games I've listened to music from through other means and have enjoyed.

Spoiler:

Back