• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Female Starters Easier to Get?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2017
    So I bought both versions of the game. I started my Sun playthrough with Popplio and got a female on my first try with no resets. Then I used my Moon copy to give myself the other two starters. Rowlett was female the very first time, and Litten took only 3 resets.

Is anyone else finding it this easy? Also the Eevee I hatched from the free egg at the daycare was female as well. I plan to breed a bunch of starters and Eevees for wonder trade, and try to improve the quality of wonder trade a bit.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    So I bought both versions of the game. I started my Sun playthrough with Popplio and got a female on my first try with no resets. Then I used my Moon copy to give myself the other two starters. Rowlett was female the very first time, and Litten took only 3 resets.

Is anyone else finding it this easy? Also the Eevee I hatched from the free egg at the daycare was female as well. I plan to breed a bunch of starters and Eevees for wonder trade, and try to improve the quality of wonder trade a bit.

The chances haven't changed. You're just very lucky.

Years
    It took me multiple resets to get a female Rowlet, but the Shieldon that I got and the first Salandit I ran into were female.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2017
    It took me multiple resets to get a female Rowlet, but the Shieldon that I got and the first Salandit I ran into were female.

Ooh, lucky at the Salandit. I haven't gotten that far yet. I've been spending too much time breeding and evolving haha.

Years
    Like ShyRayq said earlier, you're just extremely lucky. My Popplio ended up being male and other than my one female Mudkip in Ruby, I always end up with the extremely common male starters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2017
    My Popplio is a female~First try.

When that happened for me, I was wondering if Popplio's gender ratio was more female, since it has very feminine looking evos. I was surprised when the other two were female so quickly as well

Years
    When that happened for me, I was wondering if Popplio's gender ratio was more female, since it has very feminine looking evos. I was surprised when the other two were female so quickly as well

Nope. Popplio is 87.5% chance of being male like every other starter.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I get a ton of female starters. There's only 3 that I can think of that were male out of about 15.

Back