• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Female Starters, OH MY!

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
    in the old games whenever i would get bulbasaur or squirtle i would end up with a girl gender. So my pc on one of my old games has like 75% girl starters as i get babie starters of them which happen to be girls =\

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    12.5% female, or 1:8. I had a female Torchic on Sapphire once, but because it was a fake game, as I learnt, I lost it. Along with a shiny electrike

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmm...well, i've had no shinies, the only shinie's i've ever seen are my shiny Latias, and a machoke that popped up on Diamond when i never had any pokeballs.

However, i'vehad tons of female starters, for example, my top 5:
    Female Relaxed Mudkip
    Female Jolly Torchic
    Female Mild Charmander
    Female Modest Squirtle
    Female Bulbasaur.

However, sadly, i lost them all except Charmander, as my DS decided to delete my Platinum saves.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Has anyone ever gotten a female starter? For the first time ever, I restarted my Platinum game (like, the sixth time tho xD) and I started with Piplup (like I always do xD) and got it in female form! SO NOW I CAN MAKE ALL NEW PIPLUP BABIES. xD Anyone ever have this, with Chimchar or Turtwig? (:
    Why not just use a Ditto? Then it doesn't matter what gender your pokemon is.

I've gotten females every once in a while. It always kind of depressed me.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Why not just use a Ditto? Then it doesn't matter what gender your pokemon is.

I've gotten females every once in a while. It always kind of depressed me.

Ditto aren't always readily available. In RS before FRLG, for example, there were no Ditto. And even after that you had to finish FRLG to be able to trade the Ditto over to them. In DPPt, Ditto can't be obtained without unlocking the National Pokedex, at the end of the game and even then they're rare (and Pal Park still requires the National Pokedex).

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I recall getting at least three females for looking for good natures on my starters, but they didn't have any of the natures I was looking for so I soft-reseted once more.

Don't really care as long as the gender fits the Pokemon and as long as it has a good nature.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Ditto aren't always readily available. In RS before FRLG, for example, there were no Ditto. And even after that you had to finish FRLG to be able to trade the Ditto over to them. In DPPt, Ditto can't be obtained without unlocking the National Pokedex, at the end of the game and even then they're rare (and Pal Park still requires the National Pokedex).
    I guess, but if you're up to pal park you should have a National Pokedex, right? I don't know. I never really had a problem with that. I caught a Ditto in FR, migrated him to DP, and voila!

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
    Sorry this is kind of off topic, but I read somewhere that you had to have the elite 4 beaten to use pal park, not in diamond but in the game you were migrating from. I tried to do it with my LG didn't work. I tried with ruby and it worked because I beat the elite 4. Then Saturday I bought FR ($15 what a find!) and I just started a new game and could migrate at viridian city

Sorry this post is so long you don't have to read it if you don't want to

Years
    In order to migrate, the game you are migrating TO (AKA Diamond, Pearl or Platinum) is the one you must have beaten the elite four in.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    Both my Charizard in Fire Red and my Infernape in diamond were female. Now that I think about it most of my main party members end up being female, my Raichu, Marowak, Staraptor, Luxray, I actually just started a file on my friends Ruby and all my party except Mudkip are female. It's like a curse or something. :paranoid:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    xD i was starting over my firered version cause i was trying to complete my leafgreen pokedex, so i decided to try a different starter than charmander

so i chose bulbasaur, IT WAS A FEMALE! i was freakin out and stuff xDDD

BABIES BABIES BABIES BABIES BULBASAUR BABIES!

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Started over on Diamond today, and I got a female Turtwig.
    Started over on Platinum today, and I got a female Chimchar.
    Started over on Emerald last week, and I got a female Treecko.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well not as a starter but one day on FR I was hatching from a Female Toechic and a DItto to get a male Torchic ... IT TOOK ME 7 EGGS !!!!

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
    Female Mudkip named Maddie, got it when I played Sapphire the second time through as a boy. At the time I didn't know females were so rare. I got a female Chimchar, and restarted because I wanted a boy. I could kick myself now that I know you need a girl to breed more of them! I've been starting/restarting for a female Turtwig, but after 13 tries I gave up and just started with a boy one.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    I usually get female starters when I don't care about natures or when I'm bored. XD

Personally don't care about breeding starters. (even though I have a modest Ditto to breed with stuff :] )

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    My team has 4 males and 2 females; my starters are all male, as well as my Espeon (from Colosseum), and my Mantine and Lucario are females.

Back