• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FINISHED] League of Legends Gladiator Duels!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • [FINISHED] League of Legends Gladiator Duels!

Welcome one and all to the PokéCommunity Get-Together LCS Championships for NA server players and EUW server players!

Results:
    1st: Squirrel
    2nd: Olli
    3rd: Golurks Were Meant to Fly​
    This tournament is split into two smaller tournaments; the NA tournament and the EUW tournament. These two tournaments will be held simultaneously, as far as possible. Sign-ups will last 24 hours, after which the tournament will start and you will all be placed into your first matches. The tournament style is Swiss, with the matches being 1 vs 1. In the first round you will all be randomly assigned an opponent, with the winner receiving 3 points and the loser receiving 1. In the next round, you will be placed against opponents who have a score similar or the same as yours. Each round will last 24 hours OR until all matches are finished. There are RP prizes in store for the first, second and third place competitors when the tournament ends.

In-keeping with the theme of this year's Get Together, only champions who wield a melee weapon are permitted for use in this tournament. The permitted champions are:

• Nasus
    • Nautilus
    • Nidalee
    • Olaf
    • Pantheon
    • Poppy
    • Renekton
    • Rengar
    • Riven
    • Shaco
    • Shen
    • Sion
    • Talon
    • Thresh
    • Trundle
    • Tryndamere
    • Wukong
    • Xin Zhao
    • Yasuo
    • Yorick
    • Zed

• Aatrox
    • Akali
    • Alistar
    • Azir
    • Darius
    • Diana
    • Dr. Mundo
    • Draven
    • Ekko
    • Fiora
    • Fizz
    • Garen
    • Hecarim
    • Irelia
    • Jarvan IV
    • Jax
    • Jayce
    • Katarina
    • Kayle
    • Master Yi
    • Mordekaiser
    The rules are simple:
    • Do not use champions outside of the list posted.
    • Do not drop-hack your opponent, or cheat in any way.
    • Submit your result, along with the replay from lolking.net after the game is over.
    • Remain civil; no raging or flaming.
    • Stick to your time as closely as possible, and let your opponent know if there is a problem. If you don't show, your opponent will automatically win.
    • Have fun! This is a tournament, and you should be playing to win, but make sure you have fun!
    Games should be played on Howling Abyss, and the objective is to destroy your opponents Nexus, however you deem fit.

To sign up, all you need to do is fill out this short form, and you're in!

Summoner Name:
    Region (NA/EUW):
    Times available to play:​

Competitors:

NA:
    Bidoof FTW
    OneOwner12
    Olli
    Squirrel
    Talon
    Golurks Were Meant to Fly
    Aslan​

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Sure why not

Summoner Name: Drderpins
    Region (NA/EUW): NA
    Times available to play: Pretty much everyday, just the time of day varies based on my work schedule

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2018
    Of course ill join
    Summoner Name: OneOwner12
    TImes available to play: All day every day

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Definitely one of the events I've been looking forward to :D

Summoner Name: Orimasuta
    Times available to play: I can probably find time throughout most of the day every day, so I don't think arranging something would be a problem.

Are specifics about how the matches are carried out being mentioned later? So far all we know is that it's 1v1 and that there's a specific set of champs we can use, but nothing about the map or the rules have been mentioned. The previous PC LoL tournaments have been on the Howling Abyss and to the nexus, but the official league 1v1 format that was t here during Snowdown Showdown was just the first of what was achieved between either getting the first kill, the first one to reach 100 cs or the first one to get a tower. Though since this is a Swiss type of tournament, I assume the rules could be different from round to round?

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
  • Definitely one of the events I've been looking forward to :D

Summoner Name: Orimasuta
    Times available to play: I can probably find time throughout most of the day every day, so I don't think arranging something would be a problem.

Are specifics about how the matches are carried out being mentioned later? So far all we know is that it's 1v1 and that there's a specific set of champs we can use, but nothing about the map or the rules have been mentioned. The previous PC LoL tournaments have been on the Howling Abyss and to the nexus, but the official league 1v1 format that was t here during Snowdown Showdown was just the first of what was achieved between either getting the first kill, the first one to reach 100 cs or the first one to get a tower. Though since this is a Swiss type of tournament, I assume the rules could be different from round to round?

In order for me to judge winners easily and efficiently, without much room for cheating, rounds will be played on Howling abyss and will be based on the first person to destroy the other's Nexus. While preferably I would have it based on kills or first blood, they way League's gameplay is set up I can't arrange that efficiently with the timezones and the amount of spare time I (don't) have. You play the games until one Nexus is destroyed, and then send me the replay via Lolking or whatever replay device you'd prefer.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Summoner Name: Ryudo Squirrel
    Times available to play: Pretty much all day - 1 PM to 5 AM GMT :D

How come Nidalee is allowed? She doesn't have a melee weapon bar cougar form claws and Warwick should be allowed if she can have that? :o Also Draven? :s

Circuit

Years
  • Summoner Name: Ryudo Squirrel
    Times available to play: Pretty much all day - 1 PM to 5 AM GMT :D

How come Nidalee is allowed? She doesn't have a melee weapon bar cougar form claws and Warwick should be allowed if she can have that? :o Also Draven? :s

It's more champions who can carry a gladiator-type theme. Example, Nidalee caries a common weapon used in gladiator duels and can also be the lion often fought XD
    And Draven is an an executioner who used gladiator type duels to kill, if I'm not mistaken. That's why they're in there.

Years
  • I have a question about the tournament. Why do we we have to do replays? Wouldn't simply posting match history be enough? Just cuz whenever I've tried using one of the replay things, I had to have a browser open and it made me lag a ton.

Also I'll sign up for both even though my EU account is super low leveled! (Is it EUW or EUNE? I'm on EUW)

Summoner Name: Sheerow
    Region (NA/EU): NA
    Times available to play: 12 pm EST to 12 am EST

Summoner Name: Aoshima
    Region (NA/EU): EUW
    Times available to play: 12 pm EST to 12 am EST

Circuit

Years
  • Sign ups with end in around 15 hours from now. Everyone who wants to sign up please do so asap. Games will be starting shortly thereafter

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years

Poor Golurks.

ANyways, on to my actual question...
    Are we restricted in how we build, or can we just do whatever so long as we play the champions listed?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    FOR NARNIA

Summoner Name: Hawksbury
    Region (NA/EU): NA
    Times available to play: 9AM - 5:30PM GMT + 10 time but I can try play outside of those hours. No promises though!

Circuit

Years

Poor Golurks.

ANyways, on to my actual question...
    Are we restricted in how we build, or can we just do whatever so long as we play the champions listed?

Thanks for that. Anyway, builds are not restricted, only the champs :)

Circuit

Years
  • Ok, sign-ups are now closed.

I am abolishing the EUW tournament, since there aren't enough competitors. The NA tournaments will be started as soon as I align you with your opponents.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Ok, sign-ups are now closed.

I am abolishing the EUW tournament, since there aren't enough competitors. The NA tournaments will be started as soon as I align you with your opponents.
    Cool, looking forward to it! I'm interested to know how it's gonna go down with 7 people though. You can't really make one sit out each round, since that would mean they got no points at all, which would be worse than losing.

Circuit

Years
  • Matches are up! Generated randomly these matches are:

OneOwner12 vs Bidoof FTW
    Aslan vs Olli
    Talon vs Squirrel

Golurks Were Meant to Fly automatically receives 3 points, being unable to participate this round.

You have a little over 24 hours to finish your matches, but if all finish sooner, I will move on to the next round.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Yeah, Garen vs Riven
    I was fucked
    Who had the smart idea to give him a 2.5 second silence aa reset with 120% ad ratio that breaks all slows and speeds him up? It's simply not ok. Not even mentioning his passive. Fuck man.

Anyways, it was fun :D Definitely a learning experience that I'm still a bad Riven and I need to practice her more. I really can't play her against Garen xD Him and Renek are the only champions I can't play her against.

Back