• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Well, the Marriage and Kids system isn't exactly new - Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War also utalized that mechanic, but, it was in Japanese only, haha.

Hm, but playing Lunatic is a good way to be more strategic! At least, up to the 5th chapter because it's complete hell up to then, then things get a tad bit easier. XD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Hm, something about this game has been bugging me - yes, it's a wonderful game, but, there's a lot of mechanics that are missing from the previous Fire Emblem handheld series which.. got me disappointed, like, Fog of War? I used to really love stradegizing with that.
    People actually liked Fog of War? I always thought it was more of a nuisance than anything else. Seriously, nothing is more boring than moving 1-2 spaces at a time to ensure that you don't get sneak attacked at any point.

Another thing, the characters can be really, really OP, haha. Like Morgan? He/She is pretty broken as a spellcaster w/ Notsferatu. Like, they really did a great number on stats, hm.
    Morgan is the god of Awakening, they better be OP, haha. Actually, Nosferatu isn't actually that OP. Sure, healing half your HP is fantastic but being locked into the Sorcerer class to use it isn't all that appealing. Being a Dark Flier or Sage with a Forged Celica's Gale paired with another Dark Flier/Sage equipped with a Forged Celica's Gale is how you really break Awakening.

But I do agree with you on how the stat caps are ridiculously high. I mean it's on par with Radiant Dawn, and that had third tier classes.

One flaw that I have with Awakening is Pair-Up. It's such a broken mechanic. There are too many positives with it, and not enough negatives. There are very few situations where being separated is a good thing since it's just better to have the ability to Dual Guard and Dual Strike rather than have two weaker units available. If Pair-Up ever returns in a future installment, I feel it needs a reworking of some sorts.

Years
    On my second play through now, Its kind of broken thought because I got all the 2nd gen characters as soon as I could, then class swapped them until I got them all the ability's I wanted and right classes I wanted. (most of my squad now have Galeforce and lethality). so when I went back to the story at chapter 14 all my team so leveled up they cleared the map in hardly taking any damage.

My favrate charictors are: Say'ri, Tharja, Cynthia, Severa Sumia, Lucina (excited for smash bros now) and Olivia.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    People actually liked Fog of War? I always thought it was more of a nuisance than anything else. Seriously, nothing is more boring than moving 1-2 spaces at a time to ensure that you don't get sneak attacked at any point.

Eh, yeah, then again, I'm a person who always liked Thieves as well~ So useful. *_*
    They could of used it at those maps where it's night time, though. Those indoor ones.

Morgan is the god of Awakening, they better be OP, haha. Actually, Nosferatu isn't actually that OP. Sure, healing half your HP is fantastic but being locked into the Sorcerer class to use it isn't all that appealing. Being a Dark Flier or Sage with a Forged Celica's Gale paired with another Dark Flier/Sage equipped with a Forged Celica's Gale is how you really break Awakening.

Yeah, but with my own experience, Morgan just never dies with it. XD

Idk, Dark Flier & Mage has their own weaknesses too. True, my own personal preference is mobility, so, I ended up using the Flier classes, but sometimes I find they're pretty fragile. D; Or I might not be using them right.

One flaw that I have with Awakening is Pair-Up. It's such a broken mechanic. There are too many positives with it, and not enough negatives. There are very few situations where being separated is a good thing since it's just better to have the ability to Dual Guard and Dual Strike rather than have two weaker units available. If Pair-Up ever returns in a future installment, I feel it needs a reworking of some sorts.

To be honest, sometimes I even feel that the Pair-Up mechanic prevents you from having all your units killed. @_@ Maybe.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Eh, yeah, then again, I'm a person who always liked Thieves as well~ So useful. *_*
    They could of used it at those maps where it's night time, though. Those indoor ones.
    Hey, I'll agree to that. Thieves are awesome.

I'd be fine with those night time versions of fog of war actually. At least with those you can light your way with torches and such.

Idk, Dark Flier & Mage has their own weaknesses too. True, my own personal preference is mobility, so, I ended up using the Flier classes, but sometimes I find they're pretty fragile. D; Or I might not be using them right.
    Oh, the fact that they're frail is a definite weakness, no arguments there. But how the Sage/Dark Flier build is set up, is to not give the enemy a chance to attack. Of course, this only works when both units have Forged Celica's Gale, because the ability to attack eight times from both one and two space away is overpowered. Coupled that with Galeforce and Rescue staff, you get the hit-and-run strategy that makes Apotheosis look like a joke. xD

To be honest, sometimes I even feel that the Pair-Up mechanic prevents you from having all your units killed. @_@ Maybe.
    Agreed.

USC Yuuka

The USC
    Years
    But why this thread doesn't love Stahl? Stahl is awesome.

YES STAHL. Stahl was sooo cute. Omg I loved Stahl. MUxStahl forever.

But besides the fangirling, I loved Lon'quxNowi. That was cute too owo
    And VirionxCordelia was one of my favorites cause Severa would look like Miku (eh heh).
    I haven't really explored the pairings yet but I loved Henry. Owain was funny, especially how Lucina thought of him.
    I didn't really like Miriel because of how stiff she was though... She was so boring and Laurent was exactly the same...

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I like ChromxFeMU because of how awkward Chrom gets around her. XD He's so serious and heroic in the story, so it's pretty funny seeing this side of him.

Years

And VirionxCordelia was one of my favorites cause Severa would look like Miku (eh heh).
    I haven't really explored the pairings yet but I loved Henry. Owain was funny, especially how Lucina thought of him.
    I didn't really like Miriel because of how stiff she was though... She was so boring and Laurent was exactly the same...

Yeah I really don't like Miriel and Laurent boring characters who are pretty weak.

LiberiaxCordelia and StahlxCordelia are funny parings because they are like a nice people couple who have Severa as their kid whos the complete opposite to them.

Lon'quxLissa is cute as well the way because they are complete opposite personalities as is ChromxSumia with the whole pie thing.

DonnelxMarribelle is great aswell as hes a filthy peasant and she is a snobby noble woman who hates "low born filth" yet they are totally in love.

Years
    Sadly, i've never finished it. I kept getting my stuff handed to me by the final boss and haven't really touched it since February. I simply have zero motivation to continue playing. ): I feel it has more to do with me not knowing what the best classes for my characters are... That and me not liking grinding.

But the visuals were incredible though, I have to give it that, and there were some awesome music tracks to go alongside it. I did enjoy it up until this part, i'll admit.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

Laurent was a beast, though! It's lots of fun destroying things with him. I think I paired up Miriel with Gregor. He was the last one I got so... no loss.

I kind of want to play the game again and pair MU x Nowi, to get an extra Dragon in Morgan 8)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Fire Emblem: Awakening help?

I'm on Chapter 8. Lon'qu's weapon broke. Chrom's weapon broke. Frederick's weapon is about to break.

They're my most used people, in addition to Lissa. I don't know what to do or what weapons to get them, or how to get them these weapons, or how to equip these weapons to them. Often I'll only enter a battle with, like, four people who battle, and Lissa for support.

Also, how can I get Lissa to heal herself? Handling everyone else is really easy, but when she's targeted, then things get messy. I lost her at the end of the last chapter, but since it was near the end, and Chrom and Frederick were all healed up, then I didn't need her. But I want to prevent that from happening in the future and I think I remember seeing healing items or something.

Another question. Maribelle has a mend ability. How do I make her use it? What does that mean? Can that mend broken weapons?

Another thing. I want another healer, but I don't know how I go about making someone else a healer. Can I even do that? Is that at all possible?

How do I use healing items in battle?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Every spot on the world map that you have cleared has a store where you can buy weapons and items. You then need to be sure to equip them to each character. Make sure you keep healers away from battle - they're very very fragile and can't defend themselves. You need to let your combat units be between the enemies and them, and keep them away from mages and archers that can attack at a distance.

Maribelle's Mend is basically a superior Heal. It heals more HP than Heal - it doesn't mend broken weapons. Once a weapon is broken it's gone for good.

To use healing items in battle, you have to select the item when you move/select your character and they will use it.

USC Yuuka

The USC
    Years
    I'm on Chapter 8. Lon'qu's weapon broke. Chrom's weapon broke. Frederick's weapon is about to break.

They're my most used people, in addition to Lissa. I don't know what to do or what weapons to get them, or how to get them these weapons, or how to equip these weapons to them. Often I'll only enter a battle with, like, four people who battle, and Lissa for support.

As Morkula said, every place you've beaten has a store. Check what weapon type they use (e.g. Chrom = sword, Lon'qu = sword, etc.) and buy that kind of weapon for them. Chrom's Falchion never breaks either so you shouldn't worry much about him.

Also, how can I get Lissa to heal herself? Handling everyone else is really easy, but when she's targeted, then things get messy. I lost her at the end of the last chapter, but since it was near the end, and Chrom and Frederick were all healed up, then I didn't need her. But I want to prevent that from happening in the future and I think I remember seeing healing items or something.

Lissa can use the items like the Vulnerary. There is also a special staff that allows the user to heal themself.

Another question. Maribelle has a mend ability. How do I make her use it? What does that mean? Can that mend broken weapons?

As Morkula said again, Mend is a stronger Heal.

Another thing. I want another healer, but I don't know how I go about making someone else a healer. Can I even do that? Is that at all possible?

Maribelle is a healer too. You can also reclass characters once you get the second seal and your character reaches lvl 10. Certain characters can become different types of healers as one of their other classes.

How do I use healing items in battle?

The Vulnerary is a healing item that half the characters have at the beginning. To use it, you move your character wherever you want and go to items on the menu. Then scroll over Vulnerary to use it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Okay so I have another question.

I'm on chapter 9 now after I reset last night. So far, Frederick is married to Sumia, Lissa is married to Vaike, and Miriel is married to Ricken.

Frederick is level 6.
    Sumia is level 6.
    Vaike is level 12.
    Lissa is level 3.
    Miriel is level 4.
    Ricken is level 16.

Did I make a mistake from marrying them with such low levels? Does my characters have to reach a certain level before their child appears? Or do I need to reach a certain point in the game in order for them to come?

What about abilities? I don't really understand those. Can someone explain passing those on? I feel like I might have made a mistake and now I won't have the strongest children from the parents that I can.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Did I make a mistake from marrying them with such low levels?

You can marry them whenever you want, basically. In fact, it's better that you marry the couple that you want as soon as possible for better stat bonuses!

However with skills? To get the best skills, you'll have to start training your units in a special way to get skills for their kids. I'll talk more about it below!

Does my characters have to reach a certain level before their child appears? Or do I need to reach a certain point in the game in order for them to come?

Around Chapter 14, in which you'll see different branches throughout the world map by then, but, you have to be careful with a few of them, because obviously some of those maps are way harder than others, so, you just gotta train a bit.

What about abilities? I don't really understand those. Can someone explain passing those on? I feel like I might have made a mistake and now I won't have the strongest children from the parents that I can.

Hm, this is a tad tough to explain... Grab a chair! o/

See the Equip Skills command? The children will get their mother's and father's last skill on that list. Like for example, if you marry Chrom with Oliva, and say, Chrom has the Aether skill on the bottom of the list. Chrom's daughter(s) will automatically get Aether. There's some exceptions to this, like, Olivia can't pass her dancer skills to her son, and if Chrom has a son, he'll only get the Rightful King skill.

In a nutshell, that's the skill inheritance mechanic. There's a lot of skills, but, yes, there are some recommended ones that you should pass on to the children, for example, you're marrying Lissa to Vaike. Lissa can be reclasses to a Pegasus Knight, in which she can be promoted to a Dark Flier, who at level 15, has the Galeforce ability, which allows you to move again after killing an enemy unit. And see here's the thing; only certain Female units can get that class, because it's exclusive to being part of the Pegasus Knight class. So, in other words, I recommend that you try to train up Lissa before reaching the map with Lissa's son, so he'll be able to get that skill too.

But don't get me wrong; getting certain skills for them, that's just how you can get your children to be the strongest they can be. That's not to say the children aren't stupidly strong already; you just have to train them up, because you'll find them at level 10. Children's base stats and growth rates are the same as the mother, but they inherit the sum of both parents' stat modifiers +1. Like for instance, try to have a marriage partner for your avatar unit. Their child is insanely overpowered. XD

Well, that's it in a nutshell; if you want to learn more about skills, I can create a guide for you! o:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How do I reclass someone? Also how do I promote them?

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    How do I reclass someone? Also how do I promote them?

To reclass someone, you'll need an item called the Second Seal, and to promote someone, you'll need an item called the Master Seal.

All you gotta do is use them from your items list to the appropriate unit which, they'll have to be at least level 10. Then you'll see the classes you can select them to be as. C:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    To reclass someone, you'll need an item called the Second Seal, and to promote someone, you'll need an item called the Master Seal.

All you gotta do is use them from your items list to the appropriate unit which, they'll have to be at least level 10. Then you'll see the classes you can select them to be as. C:
    Okay so I have to get Lissa to level 10, and then I can reclass her as a pagasus knight? That'd be super helpful because the pair of her and Vaike is really the only pair that's completely all on him. Do I do that in battle? How do I use the Second Seal? In the world map?

Also, is there any way I can grind or something? Switching to the weaker pair targets them, and they often die because the other doesn't block the attack (sometimes they do, though). So I have pairs like Ricken and Miriel where there's like a 15 level gap.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Okay so I have to get Lissa to level 10, and then I can reclass her as a pagasus knight? That'd be super helpful because the pair of her and Vaike is really the only pair that's completely all on him. Do I do that in battle? How do I use the Second Seal? In the world map?.

Yes, indeedy!

You can use the Second Seal anytime you have it - in a battle map, she has to be holding it as one of her items though, or you can bring her next to Chrom, and she can look inside the convoy, if you've put it inside there. Otherwise, yeah, you can do it anytime.

Also, is there any way I can grind or something? Switching to the weaker pair targets them, and they often die because the other doesn't block the attack (sometimes they do, though). So I have pairs like Ricken and Miriel where there's like a 15 level gap.

Um, the easiest way to grind is with a DLC map called the EXPonential Growth, but the thing is as you might of already guessed, it's a DLC map - it costs money. Otherwise, try to stack up on an item called the Reeking Box, and it'll bring one of those Risen to a random spot on the World Map to fight with.

If you want to try and level up weaker characters, what I do is let them have the killing blow; let your stronger units try to 'soften up' the enemies first, and then, once you think they're low enough on HP, let your weaker units deliver the finishing blow, which will give them more EXP. Hope that makes sense. C:

Back