• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Firefox Add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    (After searching again with different keywords, I found Audy had created a thread that's the same as this one which can be found here. It's been a few months since the last reply there, so this thread seems relevant to revive it as it's an awesome topic to discuss.)

As we all are aware of, one of the greatest browsers in the world is Firefox. With Firefox, for those few who may not know about it, comes add-ons. There are many add-ons created by developers of all kinds for various reasons. I have been wondering lately, what everyone else has installed in their Firefox as add-ons and what they think about them; be it themes or just regular add-ons. Hopefully this thread will also give some ideas on what some members could install. So it's a win-win situation.

Add-ons I have installed on my system include the following:

1. Adblock Plus (used for browsing) - This is perhaps my favorite add-on I've installed on Firefox. The title says it all. For those rare members who don't have this installed, or haven't heard of it before, it's an add-on created by Wladimir Palant that allows you to block the frame of an web-ad or an image of it.
    2. ColorZilla (used for design) - This add-on is my favorite for designing purposes. It's created by Alex Sirota and allows you to use an eyedropper tool to capture the HEX and RBG formats of a pixel located anwhere within the window.
    3. FoxyTunes (used for entertainment) - This is an add-on also created by Alex Sirota that allows you to control a media player from within the browser and locate lyrics for whatever the song you're listening to is. It's rather simple.
    4. Personal Menu (used for appearance) - This one's hard to explain. It was created by Merci Chao and allows you to hide various aspects of your window. The official descption reads: ""Menus Toolbar" item is now available in Toolbar Context Menu and you may hide it forever! So let's replace the conservative menus and gather all useful commands into a compact and tiny button!"
    5. Stylish (used for appearance) - Stylish, (created by Jason Barnabe) allows users to create codes that control the design of various aspects. There's so much you can do with it, words aren't enough to describe it.
    6. Glasser (used for appearance) - Glasser was introduced to me by viewing an album picture on Jake's album of a Firefox window that adds a design of Vista's Windows Explorer onto your Firefox. It was created by Matthew Holder.
    So, I'd like to hear from you all. What add-ons do you have? What do they do? Do you like them?

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Excellent topic Nick :O

I've always wondered what other people used, cool.

Beachy's Add-ons

• Morning Coffee
      • My daily web surfing all in one handy place. Opens my routine such as PC, Flvs (my school), and other various websites. I love it, easily my favorite add-on.
    • ColorZilla 2.0
      • Recently got this and it's excellent for finding an exact HEX Code. Which I use quite often when I'm designing stuff, such as Battle Logs.
    • Stylish
      • Another one exactly like you. XD;
    • Cooliris
      • I got this yesterday searching around. Haven't used it yet, but it looks awesome. Basically a full screen & excellent image and video searcher, viewer, etc.
    • Adblock Plus
      • My first ever add-on with the help of Went. Self-explanatory really.
    • Tab Counter
      • I find it very useful since I have numerous tabs open and it helps me keep track. Simple & effective. :D
    • 1-ClickWeather
      • Another simple add-on that allows me to see the weather conditions.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I don't use many since I don't have the need for practically all of them.

I have:
    - Adblock Plus
    - English (Australian) Dictionary
    It's pretty obvious why I have this. I like spelling colour as colour and I don't like my browser telling me that it's wrong.
    - FireFTP
    SmartFTP is no longer free to use so I had to use an alternative.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I thought this thread was just about telling us which ones we should download. xD

I did have Ad Block but it stopped working. Plus I'm too lazy to make it work.

British English Dictionary 1.19
    Because I want English spellings for words. o.o'​
    FoxyTunes
    My brother finds it easier to change track when he finds a song of mine annoying.
    Firefox Add-ons

Px

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
  • Adblock Plus
    -Thankful to have it...

ColorZilla
    -I use it for stuff.

Web Developer

-I use it for stuff.

Leechblock
    -When I need to concentrate on schoolwork.

Linky
    -Mainly for highlighting typed down links and right clicking to open them.

Tab Kit

-Because I go insane with tabs, and it's convenient.

Undo Closed Tabs Button
    -Because I get lazy and I like it because it's snappy.

Dictionary Lookup Extension (Alt.)
    -Very useful to me. Highlight and right-click to check out a word.

Rikaichan
    -A nice add-on I use whenever I tumble around in Japanese sites.

Years
  • The only Firefox Add-on I've got is New Tab Homepage. Pretty self explanatory (goes directly to your homepage when a new tab is opened).

I'm currently adding ColorZilla and Glasser, though.

Years
  • NoScript
    Just makes firefox the most secure browser, blocks all harmful content and does what Adblock does easier, all it needs is that you change the settings to allow the parts of the good sites you use such as pokecommunity.com and stop the annoying notification.
    FoxyTunes
    Very usefull add-on for me, I can control my music when browsing 8D and doo much more
    DownThemAll!
    A really good add-on, quicker and more organised downloads.
    IE Tab
    So I can tell what the site would look like on the useless IE quickly!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I thought this thread was just about telling us which ones we should download. xD

Why would I make a thread that offers no discussion? XD

Anyway, after reading some replies, I found a few interesting and installed them:

1. Tab Counter
    2. Morning Coffee
    3. Linky
    4. LeechBlock
    5. Cooliris
    Though I'm thinking of uninstalling Cooliris as I don't see the point in having it. The same goes for Tab Counter because.. well, I can't find where the tab counter is. XD

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I have:
    Foxytunes
    Adblock plus
    Colorzilla
    Stumbleupon
    Stylish
    Morning coffee

I cbf to link them. XD; And I'm thinking about trying some of the others mention here out. :D

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The Add-ons I got are:

NoScript
    Adblock Plus
    Talkback
    United States English Dictionary

in bold = The most useful add-ons in the whole world. <3

Thanks for the Dictionary, I am spelling mistake free. And the Adblock is great! If there is a picture I don't like I can block it! ^^ I would love to check out other add-ons...but that would be for another time.

Years
  • Adblock Plus - Being the definitive Firefox add-on.
    British English Dictionary - Ensures I make no mistakes in my posts. Available in many different languages as well.
    ColorfulTabs - Someone else must've installed this one, since I don't remember ever adding it. Basically gives each tab a separate colour so you can tell which one is which at a glance, I guess.
    Download Statusbar - Makes downloads look more organized. Downloads go in some bar at the bottom of your browser.
    Exch - Currency converter. Price in USD has little meaning to me.
    FoxyTunes - Allows you to control your media player without leaving your browser. Fairly useful, though it's easier to open up my media player when jumping from one album to another.
    NoScript - Prevents JavaScript execution on untrusted web pages, which provides extra security.
    translator - Can translate any page into several different languages. Not effective, but I get the gist of what it means.

Been a while since I installed anything might try out some stuff from this topic or find more add-ons, which I will post in this thread.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • I'm a nut for FireFox plugins, so I run allot. Here a few of the ones that most people don't run.

Extended Copy Menu - Provides the option to copy selection as plain text or html...
    Extended Statusbar - A Statusbar with speed, percentage, time and loaded size (similar to Opera's one)
    Fierr - Replaces the error page with a more stylized appearance and adds some useful buttons.
    Fission - Fission combines address bar and progress bar (Safari style). This makes the progress bar more visible and allows for a nice visual effect.
    Flagfox - Displays a country flag depicting the location of the current website's server and provides quick access to detailed location and webserver information.
    Linkification - Converts text links into genuine, clickable links.
    Snap Linkks (EladKarako Mod) - Snap Links allows users to easily open multiple links in new tabs by drawing a box around them.
    Scroll Search Engines - Changes the selected search engine in the search bar by scrolling the mouse over the searchbar or search context menu.
    Stop Autoplay - Disable the autoplay of the embedded music and movie.
    WOT - Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam.

DarkNido

Nido Trainer
    Years
  • Here are my Firefox Addons.
    Adblock Filterset.G Updater - Automaticly pdates the adblock plus filerset.
    Adblock Plus - Blocks most ads
    Colorful Tabs - Good for mutil tag opening.
    DownThemAll! - Good download accelerator than firefoxs own download.
    Flashblock - Blocks flash ads.
    Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer - Automaticaly will update you bookmarks and stores then on a website. Good if you have 2 pc's or os's.
    NoScript - Makes firefox more secure.

Years
  • abcTajpu- so I can use extra symbols like ю
    AdBlock Plus- to keep away ads
    Colorful Tabs- dunno why I have this, but it's colorful!
    FlagFox- displays a flag for the location of the server
    translator- to translate any web page to almost any language

might get more

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • - 4chan
    Adds some obnoxious 4chan menus and other worthless features.
    - Abduction!
    Lets you capture an image of a web page, select the part you want and save it.
    - Adblock Plus
    Ads were yesterday!
    - Canadian English Dictionary
    Canadian English (en-CA) spellchecking dictionary
    - ColorZilla
    Advanced Eyedropper, ColorPicker, Page Zoomer and other colorful goodies
    - Copy Link Name
    Copies the name (source anchor) of a link.
    - Download Statusbar
    View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar
    - Extension List Dumper
    Dumps a list of the installed extensions.
    - FireFTP
    FTP Client for Mozilla Firefox.
    - FlashGot
    Enables single and massive ("all" and "selection") downloads using the most popular external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD (dozens currently supported, see Extension's Home Page for details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetize full media galleries in one page from serial contents originally scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all".
    - Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer
    Synchronizes your bookmarks across machines.
    - Gmail Notifier
    A notifier for Gmail accounts.
    - Greasemonkey
    A User Script Manager for Firefox
    - LiveJournal Addons
    Add some facilities to LiveJournal
    - MeasureIt
    Draw out a ruler to get the pixel width and height of any elements on a webpage.
    - Menu Editor
    Customize application menus
    - Mouse Gestures Redox
    Execute common commands with the mouse.
    - Move Media Player
    Media Player
    - Nightly Tester Tools
    Useful tools for the nightly tester.
    - Right-Click-Link
    Opens selected text in a new tab.
    - Save Complete
    Saves a complete webpage correctly

Underlined are the ones I can't live without and are the main things keeping me on Firefox as opposed to any other browser. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back