• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Thing You Did On Platinum

Years
    Of importance..nothing really that isn't out of the ordinary. I would say..trading over my shiny Bulbasaur, Moltres, Gyrados, Electivire, and Porygon-Z..

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well, first I caught a bunch of Bidoofs and stuff to trade over, then I traded some Pokes from my Diamond and also did some (very) long-awaited trade-evolving for my Diamond's Pokedex.

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
    Years
    starting tomorrow cause its late but i finally decided on a team. it's kinda built for stab and super-effective attacks against the elite 4. no movesets yet but here's the team:

spirtomb- never ever used it and i wouldn't mind starting with a level 1
    houndoom- always wanted to use one cause i think they're BALLIN'
    aerodactyl- again never used one and i''m really looking forward to it
    lapras- haven't used one since r/b and i needed a good ice pokemon
    garchomp- i like dragons and starting a game with a dragon is a no fail situation
    cacturne- ya another dark type but i love grass types and this one is pretty unique

Cid

Years
    Besides all of the in-game events that were supposed to happen?
    I caught a Starly and raised it along with my Chimchar.
    They're still on my team as Staraptor and Infernape.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Hm... The first thing I did is to make sure I got the right Pokemon into my team and EVENLY TRAIN IT.
    (You probably know what happened in my previous games. SO DON'T ASK.)

At the same time, I had been praying and praying for Revives in the local shop, cuz Fantina was giving me a hard time.
    Luckily I beat her this morning and I'm zipping through Solaceon and to Veilstone with newly-purchased Revives. ^^ My life feels so much better~!

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Other than that, I went straight to go beat Roark so I could spiff his badge up nice and shiny~! <3 (And leave Gardenia's badge alone...mwahaha.)

You. You took the words right outta my mouth. >DD
    Mwahaaa~​

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
    Kept resetting to get a female Piplup. ^w^

It kinda sucks that it's got an Impish nature though...because that really brings down the special attack. ;-; Right now she's got the lowest stats in my team. DX

Other than that, I went straight to go beat Roark so I could spiff his badge up nice and shiny~! <3 (And leave Gardenia's badge alone...mwahaha.)

first thing i did on platinum is save =P

I did what these two did but I got a modest piplup instead, and I caught a Bidoof(HM slave)

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Well my first day with platinumI bought it and got to the the second gym leader left it in the car. WHne i got back i dropped my DS in the parking lot.....Luckily someone found it and called my number on the back ...i didn't even know i had lost it. =D

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I beat Roark. I knew I wasn't going to be catching anything of importance to my team until I reached floaroma.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I restarted for a second time. :P

Caught a Lv. 4 Starly ♂ wiith a Naughty Nature.
    Meaning it's Attack will raise quickly, it has all physical moves, so yay! <3

It also has the Alert to sounds characteristic, so it's speed will raise quickly too!!
    It's only two horrible stats are Special Attack and Special Defense.
    I'll just EV train it in Attack and Special Defense for Wifi, since it has no Special moves, Special attack is not needed.

Back