• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fitness!

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
    Years
    I make a it habit with my old ballet exercises. They have helped me all these years to keep my body fit and my legs healthy. When working out it matters what you wear. I tried yoga pants years back but they didn't work. I'm probably one of the few women these days who will wear a leotard and tights to a workout. Well, that and my wife loves seeing me dressed like that (which leads to workout of a different sort if you catch what I am saying :wink:).

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    I work out with a trainer twice a week. I have a foot thing, so I can't run as much. I'm working on getting it fixed, however. I mostly do bands (highest level), squats (sometimes with weights) (I also do it with a ball behind me to make my form good), and some other cardio stuff. I'm still working on those push-ups. Any tips?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I haven't had the time (or the room) to work out. When I say "room" I mean working out indoors, since the weather was pretty bad in my area, so I couldn't get outside. But now that the weather is improving, I'm going to be exercising a lot more. Plus, I'll have more time to do so.

Otherwise, the only exercise I always get is at my job. Walking from one end of the grocery store to the other at a brisk pace for six hours is quite a workout.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    I have a few things I do. Yoga, Capoeira and like walking. Not jogging, not running but walking. I found that I feel just as good if not better walking as I get a chance to absorb my surroundings better. Feels really nice.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I just like to go to the gym at 1 or 2 am and lift weights. I'm not too keen on the whole running thing since my ankle is all messed up forever because of trying to be too athletic my freshman year. But I can usually go from repping 135/140 to 250 in 3 or 4 months. I don't work out as often as I'd like to, and the last time I stopped working out and took a break for a year and a half I came back and could barely bench 100 lbs. Then when I quit 4 or 5 months ago I was just about to hit my last record of 385 but I quit and continued on being a lazy bum. I hope to get in shape this summer so that I can go to college without looking like a fat sack of ♥♥♥♥ that has been beaten by kids with sticks for the past my entire life.

I also think that all those workout videos are complete and utter garbage, you can get more fit if you actually hit the gym than just sitting in your house doing a 20-30 minute workout video. If you think that it's really helping you then I feel bad for you because you're just wasting your money.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    A few years ago, I went on a diet (and have maintained that diet) and lost a lot of weight - but ultimately I stopped losing weight. I didn't gain any back. I just plateaued.

Once and a while I'd briefly toy with exercise, but nothing ever seemed to have an immediate result like dieting did so I'd give them up quick.

Earlier this year though I started losing weight for some reason. Stress or my metabolism finally activated or something. I don't know. But to leverage that I'm now exercising regularly. An actual workout once or twice a week, in addition to a micro workout also once or twice a week.

My goal is only to be healthy, but I do like that my clothes sizes have shrunk again or that I actually have some tone to me now from continued exercise

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I am ridiculously, embarrassingly unfit, and most people are surprised at how unfit I am because i'm fairly thin.

I didn't realise how awful my fitness was until I played a game of 5-a-side with some friends last week and was exhausted after 15 minutes. Not even kidding.

I wish I had the motivation to join a gym or exercise regularly.

Years
    I wish I had the motivation to join a gym or exercise regularly.

Before I started working out regularly, I think one of the hardest parts is actually finding enough motivation to do so; you're not the only one :P Once you get into a routine, it becomes easier. At least that's what happened to me \:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I walk about 20 minuets to and from school for 5 days a week and do PE class 2 times a week and... that's it. I do have a treadmill that I would like to use at home but it's stored away somewhere.

I have too low self confidence to go to a gym.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    During my freshman to junior years in high school I was strict about fitness. I played a variety of sports, football, soccer and wrestling. I was basically at practice for four hours for at least 5-6 days a week for something, which consisted of at least running for an hour than either heavy lifting or body weight workout. Then during my senior year I had some health problems and now, well last semester of my college freshman year, I did kick boxing but I don't have time for the gym or such during the school year anymore. Went down from 150 10% bf my high school freshman year to 130 probably 20% bf my college freshman year.

Years
    I have too low self confidence to go to a gym.

If you want to, just look up exercises that you can do at home! c: Personally, I see using machines as more for people who want to gain muscle. All I want to do is become lean, and tone without my biceps popping out so I don't lift any sort of weights during my work out regime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    I tend to lean more towards the bodybuilding side of fitness. P-90x and other types of beach workouts are great for people who want to get that lean muscular look, but I prefer a more stacked look, like what you get from bodybuilding

KayNic

I Love Sleeping
    Years
    My fitness comes from doing Gymnastics. It is a pretty hard workout. I do it 5 times a week.

Years
    I tend to lean more towards the bodybuilding side of fitness. P-90x and other types of beach workouts are great for people who want to get that lean muscular look, but I prefer a more stacked look, like what you get from bodybuilding

Being a badminton player, I've heard of a badminton coach enforcing the P-90X to train players, but I still have no idea what that workout consists of nor do I want to try, based on what I've heard from friends D:

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    There are some mornings where my family - including my aunt's family - and I go to the park and exercise basically. :d What I usually do is play badminton, jog around or bike. We don't do it as much anymore because my parents don't really have the time to send the family there which is a shame, because if you ask the nine-year-old me on his opinion on sports it would be way different now since I gained a bit of an interest in athletics, badminton and tennis. I'm not really interested in gym exercises, yoga and the like - but maybe I'll gain an interest once I've tried those things. ;) Overall, I see fitness as just a hobby but it might turn into a lifestyle anytime soon: I'm pretty skinny and I also could do something which doesn't involve sitting in front of a screen all day. :P

Back