• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Forest Grovyle's Art Gallery

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
  • Welcome to...
    Forest Grovyle's Latest Works!

PLEASE NOTE:

I do not take requests, sorry :( I don't have enough time. Thanks for your understanding.

...does anybody remember me? :) I haven't posted since 2008 I think - but I used to be a forum regular, and I fancied sharing some of my art with you guys again!

I always appreciate any comments you might have on my art :D I love reading and receiving them! I also occasionally take suggestions as to what picture to draw next, so stay tuned in case I am! :) I mainly draw Pokémon, but also dabble in other fandoms such as Red Dwarf and The Last Unicorn - you'll find all sorts in here!

I use Photoshop Elements and Oekaki PaintBBS for most of my computer-drawn works, which are the majority of them. The pictures can take anywhere from half an hour to a few days to complete, depending on the subject matter!

Here are some of my fave pictures!

Realism

Oekaki - Tiger
    Spoiler:

Oekaki - Peregrine Falcon
    Spoiler:

Oekaki - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Spoiler:

Oekaki - The Raider
    Spoiler:

Oekaki - Blue and Yellow Macaw
    Spoiler:

Oekaki - Poker Night (Friends Cast)
    Spoiler:

General Pokémon and Miscellaneous

Pokémon and Wreck-It Ralph Crossover
    Spoiler:

Wreck-It Ralph Comic: An Anniversary Gift
    Spoiler:

Legends of the Pokémon World
    Spoiler:

Lucario on the Hunt
    Spoiler:

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur (for the Pokémonathon challenge)
    Spoiler:

Zelda: The Wind Waker
    Spoiler:

Hope you like! :)

--FG

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • your drawings are amazing. i must say i love the the one with the pokemon and wreck-it ralph. it just made me smile.
    i was amazed at the feather details on the birds. it's just so realistic. the shading is beautiful and i love all the details.
    the one thing that bothers me is the friends cast where the girl has her hand turned and is holding a card. the hand just looks awkward to me.
    your strong suite to me seems to be animals and characters. i love them all! please post more!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Yeah, I thought I recognized you from years ago (you wouldn't know me. I had a different user name), and I was thinking there's no way this thread is new. But lo and behold, here it is.

Your art still looks just as nice as it always has, Forest Grovyle. I'm liking the Bulbasaur thru Venusaur picture. It's amazing that you can draw on model really well, I love the accuracies, but I have to ask, doesn't that get boring after a while? I used to do it myself, and then just quit because I felt like it was holding me back.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Good and interesting question. :) I guess it's just different strokes for different folks - I love drawing on-model and really don't enjoy trying to make things "stylised", but I know others prefer the other way round. Believe me, I've tried to go the stylised route but I don't get much enjoyment from it!

I can post some more stylised pieces here if you're interested, but the reason I usually leave them out is because I just don't like them that much XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • You are amazing! All those little details in the oekaki pieces are just breathtaking. Loving the WIR-Pokemon crossover image too but.. everything is amazing. <3 Keep at it!

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Dude wat I swear I was looking at a photograph of a tiger. Your realism is, well....very realistic! I especially love the details on the Macaw and Falcon. The beaks look simply amazing, as if I'm looking at a photograph. Amazing works, I do hope to see more from you.

Nakala Pri

Whoa, this was amazing. And you actually drew/painted/something-ed these? :O Wow, that was awesome! ^^

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i love all the charmanders. they're so cute. the shading and lighting effects are perfect.i would get rid of the red outline around the flame on their tails because it doesn't look right with the outline.

the squirtle is so cute and perfect. the lighting on his shell is amazing.

keep posting!

Back