• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Formula 1 Discussion Thread

Years

Well, if you didn't know, the F1 race in Valencia is on RIGHT NOW.

This thread is to discuss anything to do with Formula 1 and I will update this thread when the race has finished and make it pretty!

Race calendar:
    British Grand Prix

Silverstone, 8-10 July

German Grand Prix
    Nurburgring, 22-24 July

Hungarian Grand Prix
    Hungaroring, 29-31 July

Belgian Grand Prix
    Spa-Francorchamps, 26-28 August

Italian Grand Prix
    Monza, 9-11 September

Singapore Grand Prix
    Singapore, 23-25 September

Japanese Grand Prix
    Suzuka, 7-9 October

Korean Grand Prix
    Korea International Circuit, Yeongam, 14-16 October

Indian Grand Prix
    Greater Noida, 28-30 October

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Yas Marina, 11-13 November

Brazilian Grand Prix
    Interlagos, 25-27 November

DISCUSS!

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Watching it right now, although I only just started. Valencia looks beautiful omg. ;-;

Not a massive amount surprising going on right now, tho like I said I haven't seen much of this particular race. Hamilton in 7th struck me as a little bit odd. What happened there?

Years
    The only problem with the beautiful Valencia is the sheer heat!

As I speak, Hamilton has gone up to 6th, overtaking MSC! From what I saw, he was dragging at the start and couldn't get his speed down.​

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Looking good for Vettel as always (+3.4), but Alonso is a much more credible threat than Webber.

Also, what the hell is Pérez doing without any pit stops yet XD (And right as I post...)

Years
    Pérez is being pretty brave. It is an interesting one to watch until he pits.

1:43.3 by S. Vettel. Oh wait, L. Hamilton just beat it with a 1:43.1​

Ivysaur

Years
    And the lapped cars fun approaches, let's hope they annoy Vettel as much as possible.

More pit stops coming soon? That could be a problem for Red Bull, as they'll have to leave one of their drivers unattended.

Years
    It is going to be very interesting. I think it is going to be a good few laps before Vettel is annoyed.

Also, Hamilton got told off and told to watch his rubbers!

LOL! Hamilton's radio:
    Team: Just to let you know, your rears are very hot.
    Hamilton: I CAN'T GO ANY SLOWER!​

Years
    And typical, careless Hamilton just rejects the advice. Where is his routine stupidly aggresive overtake today?

From what I have seen, he has only had once chance but didn't take it.

He is going to have to pit soon otherwise he will be in trouble.​

Great gamble for Red Bull. Ferrari need to learn to stop first.

Indeed.

It is easy to say, we have more of a race than a destruction derby on our hands here.​

Ivysaur

Years
    Well, the fight for the second place in the Championship is as entertaining as ever!

2- Button (109)
    3- Webber (109)
    4- Hamilton (97)
    5- Alonso (87)

This is going to be really entertaining, if none of them ever manages to do two good races in a row. And maybe, when Vettel wins the WDC in a couple of races, he can go away and let the other guys fight for the victory, that would be cool.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, the fight for the second place in the Championship is as entertaining as ever!

2- Button (109)
    3- Webber (109)
    4- Hamilton (97)
    5- Alonso (87)

This is going to be really entertaining, if any them never manage to do two good races in a row. And maybe, when Vettel wins the WDC in a couple of races, he can go away and let the other guys fight for the victory, that would be cool.

That would be an entertaining thing to see but I don't think he will just allow that. He will be wanting to break as many records as he can!

Either way, it is going to be entertaining to say the least. Silverstone is the next on the cards!​

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Looks like Vettel upped his lead even more. If he keeps this up everyone will just be racing for second place. Sucks for Michael getting his wing clipped by Petrov right his pit stop. And if we are talking about waiting awhile for pit stops Alguersurai sure took his time. He had a heck of a race, but whats the deal with the off to track stuff that may prevent him from racing and Silverstone? Loved the battle between Alonso and Webber throughout the race.

Years

2- Button (109)
    3- Webber (109)
    4- Hamilton (97)
    5- Alonso (87)

This is going to be really entertaining, if none of them ever manages to do two good races in a row. And maybe, when Vettel wins the WDC in a couple of races, he can go away and let the other guys fight for the victory, that would be cool.

It'll never beat the 07 title fight.

We're going into another schumi type dominance with Vettel, be prepared for many seasons of boredom.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I never get the chance to watch the races live due to work but I always watch the highlights. I absolutely love F1 races and would love to go to silverstone which is literally 30minutes down the road from me.

This year has seen a change in a lot of the drivers and the cars and has been very entertaining.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I find it more interesting with the new additions or re-additions of things like DRS and Kers. I am surprised to see how well Heidfeld has done this season in replacement of Kubica whose lucky to be alive after that rally car crash. I heard Kubica is supposed to be back by the last race of the season. I am interested to see the team changes at the end of this season, I heard rumors like I did last year that they(Ferrari) want to replace somebody with Massa and this time it's Rosberg. And of course see where Heidfeld goes.

Ivysaur

Years
    Also, according to certainl politicians, Montmelò has good chances of leaving the calendar in a few years, due to the high price of the F1 license. Nothing set in stone yet, but chances are it won't last after 2016. If that happens, Valencia will be the Spanish Grand Prix, because that bland & boring track has officially extended its contract until 2020.

Also, Ricciardo will be the new HRT driver, replacing Karthikeyan. A relief for the Toro Rosso drivers.

Last edited:
    Back