• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Freedom of speech and action

Years
    How many times have you wanted to do something else instead of being a puppet of the game?
    Idiot guy: Hey ! you should battle brock before heading to Mt Moon.
    You : ........
    Idiot guy: you should come with me. (annoying music plays)
    arrives at brocks gym
    Idiot guy: Here you go! No need to thank me!
    You: Formulates seven ways to murder the idiot guy with a charmander and a lv 2 pidgey

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...I do get frustrated by that....like that guy in Mahogany Town who won't let me past...I don't even want to battle Clair...I just want my own Swinub and Lickitung!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ^ You mean Pryce?

Or when that guy asks if you want to join Team Rocket. Granted, I wouldn't because I don't wanna use Zubat and Ratatta, but it'd be nice if I could personally do the denial.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No...I meant the Rage Candybar guy....yeah, who would join Team Rocket?

Unless you could still make your own team, it'd be rubbish, but if you could choose your own it'd be cool....imagine:

- Red's taking out more TR members. As they only ever used normal a poison-types, he's brought a fighting and psychic pokemon...he battles through..wupping ass...then, what happens? Out pops you, taking him by surprise with your own psychic and dark-type pokemon!

Well, if it were that simple it'd be rubbish, but you get the idea....

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    How many times have you wanted to do something else instead of being a puppet of the game?
    Idiot guy: Hey ! you should battle brock before heading to Mt Moon.
    You : ........
    Idiot guy: you should come with me. (annoying music plays)
    arrives at brocks gym
    Idiot guy: Here you go! No need to thank me!
    You: Formulates seven ways to murder the idiot guy with a charmander and a lv 2 pidgey

But I love the "Follow Me" track. It's the highlight of any Pokemon game it's in. D:

I'd complain about the broken bridges in Pokemon games, but really, there are games out there with far more illogical roadblocks for the player than overzealous townsfolk.

"There are ants at your feet. You might accidentally step on them, so please don't continue in that direction."

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I remember that in the original G/S/C, the Rage Candy Bar guy would move once you beat Pryce, because I used to complete all of Routes 44, 45, 46, and the Ice Path before taking on TR, you know, to build up my Pokemon a bit. But in HG/SS the idiot forces you to battle TR first...

Then there's the guy in Mt. Moon in R/B/Y/FR/LG who forces you to take a fossil after you defeat him.

"Look pal, both of these fossil Pokemon are 4x weak to Grass and I don't want either. Just take the both of them!"

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Original script:
    Oak: So you want the Grass Pokemon Bulbasaur?
    No
    Oak: So you want the Water Pokemon Squirtle
    Me:No
    Oak: So you want the Fire Pokemon Charmander?
    Me: No
    Me: *Wants to say ''Fine. I'll have it''* Yes

Wanted script:
    Oak: So you want the Water Pokemon Squirtle?
    Oak: So you want the Fire Pokemon Charmander?
    Me: Have you got anymore Pokemon?
    Oak: I ain't got any more Pokemon. Sorry.
    Me: But I wanna start with Mewtwo!
    Oak: Like I said, I ain't got Mewtwo
    Me: Can I at least start with Aerodactyl?
    Oak:No, I ain't got it
    Me: What about Pidgeotto?
    Oak: No, I ain't got it
    Me:What about Pikachu?
    Oak: I gave my last one away.
    Me: Have you got any Pokemon other than those three
    Oak: No, but I got a Digimon in my last Pokeball *Releases Genosect*
    Me: I'll take it *Thinks that Oak is stupid because he thought a Legendary Pokemon was a Digimon*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    "There are ants at your feet. You might accidentally step on them, so please don't continue in that direction."

It's like you knew I was coming back to this thread! Mother 3!! <3

No...I meant the Rage Candybar guy....yeah, who would join Team Rocket?

No, you said you didn't wanna fight Clair, but Clair is in Blackthorn, not Mahogany. :(

Oh, and the guy in RSE who is drawing Pokemon foot prints. It's like...I can step around them, man. Chill.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...that guy wouldn't be so bad, as it's a narrow path, except....rather than he's finished....and possibly even saying what pokemon he sketched (I reckon he's the footstep man from DPPt), he just turns out to have sketched his own footprints!

God, they had a chance to make an NPC not look stupid and....they screwed it up.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The puppet thing in the games tends to frustrate me. In HG/SS, in the gatehouse near the Lake of Rage, the grunts take some of your money. If I could do things independently there, I'd just battle the both of them. I also hate it when the RageCandyBar man doesn't move until you defeat Team Rocket.

In FR/LG, I don't like it when I can't leave Pewter from the east end until I defeat Brock (the guy blocking the way leads you right to Brock's gym when you try to get past him). If I could do things independently, I'd just try to muscle past the guy.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    But I love the "Follow Me" track. It's the highlight of any Pokemon game it's in. D:

I'd complain about the broken bridges in Pokemon games, but really, there are games out there with far more illogical roadblocks for the player than overzealous townsfolk.

Insurmountable Millimeter-High Ants FTW! :rambo:

But really, that tracking scientist guy in Oldale Town was an idiot. Wasting the time of so many Trainers... I bet even Youngsters and Lasses can remark their own footprints...sheesh :cer_no: *sigh*

But the trees are the worst culprit. Can't I just call out my Blaziken to burn them down instead of hauling around a Cut-using Pokemon all the time? :cer_confused:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years

What's so illogical about that? ?0_o?

I hate how the master ball has a 100% catch rate, but you still can't catch other people's pokemon. At least let it catch the dumb trainer that gets in the way...... XD

Years
    Omg, DON'T GET ME STAAARTED.
    I HATE how you have basically NO RIGHT to speak in the mainstream Pokemon games.
    And I REALLY hate how whenever you're asked a question, your only options are "Yes" or "No". Like in R/S/E, a little boy (or girl?) asks you where you're from, and the only options you have are "Yes" and "No". T_T

Why can't they make the games more similar to the Mystery Dungeon games, where your answers are actually RELEVANT to the question? 3:< I love how lively you could be with your speech. x3 And at some point of the games... YOU ACTUALLY TALK. Even though you usually talk to yourself a lot. O_o

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
    Years
    ...Maaaannnyyy times.

I think it would be lovely if you could actually have a personality and have a broader vocabulary than 'yes and 'no'. If some cool features from other pokemon games went into the main pokemon ones, it could be better. Even just a LITTLE bit. Also, I'd probably want to attack the head executives of Team [random] or something, then it's like... "Hooray! They're in a coma (somehow)! No more menacing Team [blank]!"

That was a bad example, but I couldn't think of any good ones like everyone else. =<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There are so many times where I've wanted to say more. :(

Especially on the phone! Where people say two statements then hang up. I want to be able to tell them to shut up, rather than them actually doing so... eventually. And the people who keep giving away the same information, it's like, do you not know any other words?

And I agree with the RageCandy thing. It took me a while until I figured out how to get past there in HG, iirc. Make everything not so compulsory plz.

Years
    And stupid rock smash boulders! I mean whats the deal with them?! They just sit there looking smugly at you while you decide which of your best pokemon to switch out for a crappy hm slave.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Omg, DON'T GET ME STAAARTED.
    I HATE how you have basically NO RIGHT to speak in the mainstream Pokemon games.
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]And I REALLY hate how whenever you're asked a question, your only options are "Yes" or "No". Like in R/S/E, a little boy (or girl?) asks you where you're from, and the only options you have are "Yes" and "No". T_T[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Why can't they make the games more similar to the Mystery Dungeon games, where your answers are actually RELEVANT to the question? 3:< I love how lively you could be with your speech. x3 And at some point of the games... YOU ACTUALLY TALK. Even though you usually talk to yourself a lot. O_o

That location question (in Pacifidlog Town, IIRC) was actually funny :cer_laugh: - seems like a nice Lampshading of Pokemon's limited speech options... :nervous: But yeah, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's responses did seem to be a bit more lengthy...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The biggest case of this for me was in Pokemon XD when Miror B asked me if I wanted to join Team Miror. And I couldn't. D=

I guess in some regards Pokemon is a bit too linear at times ('oh, you have to go beat this gym first before you go here!') Partly why I like HGSS due to the fact you can do gyms in near any order you like bar the odd sidequest and Viridian's gym being last, and to a lesser extent the fact you can go to Olivine or Mahogany first. (And as already mentioned, in GSC you could go to Blackthorn before the radio tower as well, and didn't have to get your Ho-oh/Lugia before the E4...). And sometimes I'll play senerios differently in my head to how they are in the game, heh.

As it is relevant, you can sum part of this up in three words: But Thou Must!

Back