• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frostbite to the Feet: An Ice Type Fan Club!

Years
  • Spoiler:

To sign up, you must:

Say your name (not real, if you prefer)

Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type

Favorite 2 Ice types.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Name: Quajutsu
    Favorite Ice User: Lorelei
    Favorite 2 Ice-types: Sneasel and Lapras

Ice Type Of The Week: Smoochum

I really don't know a whole lot about Smoochum, but it evolves into Jynx which is a pretty good Pokémon, even if it is a bit frail with it defenses and has 6 weaknesses.

Years
  • Name: Hikamaru
    Favorite Ice User: Candice
    Favorite 2 Ice-types: Spheal and Glaceon

My thoughts about Smoochum, it's really cute even if its appearance doesn't give off the fact it's an Ice-type at first. But nonetheless I do love Jynx which is a powerful special attacker with some interesting stuff going for her, in fact I feel like Kanto had some memorable Ice-types even if there were few of them back then.

Years
  • Thank you guys for the support! I am really grateful to have this little club. Here's mine.

Name: Sassy

Favorite Ice type user: Brycen

Favorite Ice types: Beartic and Sneasel

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    This Club cannot die, I'm gonna join this Club and try my best to assist this Club as well. :)

Say your name (not real, if you prefer)
    Nick or Unapologetic or even Sunflower, depends what makes you feel good.
    Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type
    Candice, Ice-type Gym Leader from the Sinnoh region.
    Favorite 2 Ice types.
    My favorites are Mamoswine and Cloyster!

miel!

Kisses!
    Years
  • I'm Den!

Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: I think Lorelei is really cool and pretty. Ever since I was a little girl I looked up to her!

Favorite 2 Ice types. Delibird and Swinub! Delibird is absolutely adorable and a really fun Pokemon to use in battle, although it's sort of gimmicky. I remember it being my favorite out of the gen 2 Pokemon when they came out. As for Swinub... It's just so cute! Who can resist that face?

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
    Years
  • Say your name (not real, if you prefer): PokemonNerd65

Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type:Glacia

Favorite 2 Ice types.:Aurorus, Froslass

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Say your name: Rico
    Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: Wulfric! Candace comes close!
    Favorite 2 Ice types: Lapras and Spheal

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Temporary member list update
    Spoiler:

I'm Den!

Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: I think Lorelei is really cool and pretty. Ever since I was a little girl I looked up to her!

Favorite 2 Ice types. Delibird and Swinub! Delibird is absolutely adorable and a really fun Pokemon to use in battle, although it's sort of gimmicky. I remember it being my favorite out of the gen 2 Pokemon when they came out. As for Swinub... It's just so cute! Who can resist that face?

Say your name (not real, if you prefer): PokemonNerd65

Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type:Glacia

Favorite 2 Ice types.:Aurorus, Froslass

Say your name: Rico
    Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: Wulfric! Candace comes close!
    Favorite 2 Ice types: Lapras and Spheal

Welcome to this club that is dedicated to the frigid Ice-type.~ Let's try our best to not make the club atmosphere frigid, though! {XD}

Since our club owner is busy at the moment, let's create a topic until he officially returns, shall we? ;)

Current discussion:
    Thoughts on the Ice-type as a whole.

Last edited:

Twilight Storm

Years
  • Froslass is the only ice-type Pokemon(along with Rotom-F) with more resistances and immunities than weaknesses.She is also the fastest ghost type pokemon(tied with gengar)and Mamoswine is part ground type, which takes away his fire weakness.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Froslass is the only ice-type Pokemon(along with Rotom-F) with more resistances and immunities than weaknesses.She is also the fastest ghost type pokemon(tied with gengar)and Mamoswine is part ground type, which takes away his fire weakness.

Simple yet to-the-point. ;)

Now here's my turn!
    Ice-type on the offensive side is strong, they are usually for slaying Dragons, freezing Grasses and Ground-types solid. Moves like Ice Beam and Ice Punch are commonly seen on the battle scene; it's not an exaggeration to say that every team has at least a member with an Ice-type move!

On the defensive side, they aren't strong as all four (formerly three) types are common moves to be seen in the battlefield. Namely, they are Fire-type, Fighting-type, Rock-type and joined by Steel-type in Gen II (and its usefulness got expanded because of the Fairies).

It's rather sad that most Ice-types aren't outstanding at the Speed department, while Froslass has the highest speed among Ghost as PokemonNerd65 says, sadly she lacks on the offensive stat which most of her Ice peers are great at. Weavile, while speedy and a strong attacker but no doubt that the rise of Fairies and Steels have made her path difficult.

To sum up, Game Freak has forgotten (or ignored?) the weaknesses of Ice Pokémon. They should try to balance this poor type (along Grass-types) after fixing 'Dragon-types' overpower issue', as they claim.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Ice-type moves are my go to for taking out Dragon-types. However, I generally use Water-types for this since 99% of Water-types can learn Ice Beam, which is the most reliable choice. I don't use a whole lot of Ice-type Pokémon for this reason, but I think I would if I were to use a Physical Attacker Water-type since there aren't many reliable Physical Ice-type moves.

Twilight Storm

Years
  • Should we make a new topic? If so, I have one.
    Create your own new Ice-type move, with PP, Base Power, Accuracy and Description.
    (Kinda copied it from Quajutsu's fire type pokemon club.....)

Years
  • It's rather sad that most Ice-types aren't outstanding at the Speed department, while Froslass has the highest speed among Ghost as PokemonNerd65 says, sadly she lacks on the offensive stat which most of her Ice peers are great at. Weavile, while speedy and a strong attacker but no doubt that the rise of Fairies and Steels have made her path difficult.

To sum up, Game Freak has forgotten (or ignored?) the weaknesses of Ice Pokémon. They should try to balance this poor type (along Grass-types) after fixing 'Dragon-types' overpower issue', as they claim.

It's kinda sad Ice-types tend to get screwed over stat-wise, with most mainly shining in the offensive department and while there are some bulky ones out there, the fact the type has so many weaknesses means they can't really do the role very well. Also, as you said, most are on the slow side as well so they tend to get destroyed before they get to attack.

Game Freak shafting Ice-types? I definitely agree.

Ice-type moves are my go to for taking out Dragon-types. However, I generally use Water-types for this since 99% of Water-types can learn Ice Beam, which is the most reliable choice. I don't use a whole lot of Ice-type Pokémon for this reason, but I think I would if I were to use a Physical Attacker Water-type since there aren't many reliable Physical Ice-type moves.

This is one that's also a strong point. While Ice-type moves are potent, the problem is we tend to use them as coverage moves more than using the actual Pokemon, and the huge distribution of moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard among Water-types really hinders an Ice-type's usage in battle. I do agree there aren't many good physical Ice moves, the only good ones I know of are Ice Punch, Ice Fang and Icicle Crash.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Should we make a new topic? If so, I have one.
    Create your own new Ice-type move, with PP, Base Power, Accuracy and Description.
    (Kinda copied it from Quajutsu's fire type pokemon club.....)

Yes, you may start a new topic. What's your idea? Don't just start a topic, be a part of it! {XD}
    It's kinda sad Ice-types tend to get screwed over stat-wise, with most mainly shining in the offensive department and while there are some bulky ones out there, the fact the type has so many weaknesses means they can't really do the role very well. Also, as you said, most are on the slow side as well so they tend to get destroyed before they get to attack.

Game Freak shafting Ice-types? I definitely agree.

This is one that's also a strong point. While Ice-type moves are potent, the problem is we tend to use them as coverage moves more than using the actual Pokemon, and the huge distribution of moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard among Water-types really hinders an Ice-type's usage in battle. I do agree there aren't many good physical Ice moves, the only good ones I know of are Ice Punch, Ice Fang and Icicle Crash.
    Yep, they aren't even bulky. If there's an Ice-type with the defensive stats of Shuckle and HP of Audino, I wonder how's it gonna pull out a battle. ^^

There should be an Ice-type variant of Wild Charge/Volt Tackle, Bulldoze, Close Combat and Outrage.

Twilight Storm

Years
  • Ice Bomb-The user launches a huge ball of ice at the foe, which explodes on contact to deal damage. This moves generates the weather effect Hail for 5 turns.
    100 base power
    100 accuracy
    10 pp
    Additional Notes-
    30% freeze chance
    Sharply lowers Attack
    Physical Attack
    Cool move in contests
    (kinda a ice type earthquake...)

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ice Bomb-The user launches a huge ball of ice at the foe, which explodes on contact to deal damage. This moves generates the weather effect Hail for 5 turns.
    100 base power
    100 accuracy
    10 pp
    Additional Notes-
    30% freeze chance
    Sharply lowers Attack
    Physical Attack
    Cool move in contests
    (kinda a ice type earthquake...)

It sounds like a move from a legendary Pokémon. :)

Here's mine
    Glacier Force
    Physical Move
    80 BP
    -- Accuracy
    15 PP
    The user gathers frigid energy then materialize it to strike the target. This move is certain to hit and always goes first.

It's a mixture of Aura Sphere and Extreme Speed. Handy for most of the slow Ice-type.~

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    On to our new topic:
    What do you think about Ice-type's nearly-godlike status in Generation I games?
    (For those who are unaware, the stats we see Special Attack and Special Defense back in Generation I are one and the same stat, known as Special. That's why 4 out of 5 Ice Pokémon were part of the higher tier before.)

Back