• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny/Embarrassing Stories...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ohh, yeah! I've been gone all day, and so my mom has given me some time online. ^_^; It is late now, though... I have to get off in a little while.

Anyways, yeah, I loved St. Augustine! It is a really neat town. We visited several interesting places there.

My grandmother and I are always telling each other funny stories. She has tons! It's so fun to listen to them, and I can actually relate. XD

And my great-grandmother was an artist, so I think that's where I got my love of art from. Nobody else in the family is really that interested in it, lol.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Ohh, yeah! I've been gone all day, and so my mom has given me some time online. ^_^; It is late now, though... I have to get off in a little while.

Anyways, yeah, I loved St. Augustine! It is a really neat town. We visited several interesting places there.

My grandmother and I are always telling each other funny stories. She has tons! It's so fun to listen to them, and I can actually relate. XD

And my great-grandmother was an artist, so I think that's where I got my love of art from. Nobody else in the family is really that interested in it, lol.
    That's cool... d= I have guests over so I'm staying up too. XD

I see you know a lot about your family's older generations... o_o' I hardly know anything about any of them and now I'm stuck on I-don't-what-to-do-in-the-future. ;___;

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    I'm just staying up late because I don't want to go to bed right now hehe...
    I've been working around the house a lot today, (like on any other Saturday) so time really seems to pass right by.

Hmm, I wonder if I was to post a pic of me in St. Augustine, if you would remember the place....
    We took a lot of pictures around the various cannons in the area.

I wish I was able to bond with my grandparents like that! Unfortunately, they only speak a little bit of English, so most of the time talking to them is spent deciphering words hehe..

My grandfather used to always love to draw cartoons. My mom even said that he would've liked a job at Disney, if it wasn't for the other job he got. I guess his drawing of cartoons has passed on to me!
    My sister is a really good artist, but I don't think she does it as much as I do.
    An artist? Do you have any pictures of her art? That's so awesome!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    22sa said:
    That's cool... d= I have guests over so I'm staying up too. XD

I see you know a lot about your family's older generations... o_o' I hardly know anything about any of them and now I'm stuck on I-don't-what-to-do-in-the-future. ;___;
    Ah, well, I don't really know very much about mine, either. My great-grandparents are the farthest that I really know about. The others [relatives that go far back, like great-great-great grandparents and stuff] I've seen pictures of, but I couldn't tell you their first name.

Ohh, and I would like to see a picture of it, if you have any! ^_^; I have some too, though I'm not really too crazy about the idea of posting pictures of me when I was younger, lol. But I have some of the dolphins, though you can't really see them, and the fort.

Ah, that must be kind of hard, lol. But still, you can still bond with them even if they do speak a different language!

And wow, that's neat that your grandfather was interested in art. I might can find some pictures drawn by my great-grandmother. She mostly painted; she painted a lot of really pretty pictures. My mom has some, and we hang them in our house. They're just too big to scan, lol.

22sa

Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Ah, well, I don't really know very much about mine, either. My great-grandparents are the farthest that I really know about. The others [relatives that go far back, like great-great-great grandparents and stuff] I've seen pictures of, but I couldn't tell you their first name.

Ohh, and I would like to see a picture of it, if you have any! ^_^; I have some too, though I'm not really too crazy about the idea of posting pictures of me when I was younger, lol. But I have some of the dolphins, though you can't really see them, and the fort.

Ah, that must be kind of hard, lol. But still, you can still bond with them even if they do speak a different language!

And wow, that's neat that your grandfather was interested in art. I might can find some pictures drawn by my great-grandmother. She mostly painted; she painted a lot of really pretty pictures. My mom has some, and we hang them in our house. They're just too big to scan, lol.
    You know about your parents, grandparents, and great grandparents at least... I hardly even know my parents. ;__; About my grandparents... Like 100 said, language barriers. I can't speak/read Chinese well enough. And they aren't exactly... well, I don't know. I've never really got to share stories with anybody before. If I did, it was meaningless, and totally forgetable. Like you said, it's still possible to bond, but for me it just doesn't happen. It makes me feel like I will never grow up, that I will remain a child forever... because of not knowing my roots. ._.

100marios

Years
    Kayleigh said:

My mom does a lot of geneology about our family, (it plays a part in our church) and learned a lot of cool things. One of our ancestors is even mentioned in the Bible!

If you compared my height to my sister in each of the pics, you'd be shocked hehe....
    When we went to St. Augustine, my sister was almost a head taller the me. In my more recent pic from the Miami Seaquarium, I'm almost a head taller then her hehe...
    I might be able to post one, if I'm ever able to get my scanner up! I keep forgeting to mention it to my dad. I'd like to see your pics, if you ever get the chance!

It is! We try to work ways around it, but because of some family problems, we don't get as much personal time together as we would like.

I was starting to wonder where my sister and I got our artistic side from, (because, honsestly, my parents aren't exactly the most artistic people. You should see some of their drawings! My mom's are really funny hehe..) until my mom mentioned what she did about my grandfather.
    About your grandmother, it's really cool that you're able to hang her paintings around your house! It must feel good to be able to say, "My great-grandmother painted that!" if anyone should ask about them.
    Scan? Oh, I don't need to see them, (though it would be awesome!) I was just curious as to whether you still had some of her old work. I wouldn't risk damaging an original!

I know how you feel 22sa. I know my parents very well, but I really don't know anyone outside of my immediate family in depth. It's been really hard for me to learn about my past, but through my parents, they've shown me. I say, take it one step at a time. Once you get to know your parents, they'll be able to pass on their knowledge of the past to you.

22sa

Years
    No, you don't... well I'm kinda isolated so I don't see how I can get to know them better. I'm praying to God with my freind right now... ... Sigh. Bleh. ;__; NM.

100marios

Years
    22sa said:
    No, you don't... well I'm kinda isolated so I don't see how I can get to know them better. I'm praying to God with my freind right now... ... Sigh. Bleh. ;__; NM.
    Hmm, you're isolated? As long as you live with them, you should have some chance to talk to them.... but I'm not going to disagree with you about it. That won't help!

I would like to help, but if you don't want to talk about it I understand....

22sa

Years
    100marios said:
    Hmm, you're isolated? As long as you live with them, you should have some chance to talk to them.... but I'm not going to disagree with you about it. That won't help!

I would like to help, but if you don't want to talk about it I understand....
    "Self-centered isolation" as the Baptist book Purpose Driven Life calls it. Thank you... but you can't help me. I do take advice, just... none of them were ever practical enough to me. It's okay... the truth finally occured to me this morning anyway... I have to go back to church.

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
    Years
    This one happened to me years ago...

I was drawing a short comic and left it on the table to use the washroom. When I came out I saw my brother laughing at it, but I thought it was weird because I had written a serious story. Then I've discovered the reason; he vandalized it with his sick jokes (i.e. drugs, sex, etc.) Angry, I threw it in the garbage, but he took it out and showed it to his friends when they came over for a visit the next day. One of his friends even mocked me for it.

Man, that was embarassing...

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Well today was my cousins' b-day party! And something funny always happens at their party! It usually involves water balloons too! Well the first funny thing that happened occured when we were playing badmitton... well our own version at least. Then all of a sudden a random dog appeared! No one knew whose dog it was! We gave that dog so many names and everyone wanted to keep it cuz it had no tags. My cousins named it Joe, someone named it Sasha or something like that, we joked about it's name being water! Well that dog stayed in the yard for a few hours! Then while we were eating the owners arrived! Apparently they live across the street from my cousins. But they have never seen these people before. The dog's name was Godiva apparently. Well anyways... a few hours passed and who comes back? Godiva! She stayed at the house for about another hour before her owners came to get her. And when they came... she refused to leave with them! It was funny... she fought her owners to stay! I bet she'll visit them a lot from now on! It was funny...

Then later on we had a water balloon fight! We had one a few years ago where I was outnumbered. Well the teams were even but it was boys vs. girls. And the guys were like 17, 14, and 12. I was 14 and the other two girls were like 10 and my sister would've been 8. And they didn't know how to fill the balloons. It was awful! But I got revenge that year! Well this year I wasn't the target! I barely got wet until my sister decided to attack me with the hose. But my cousin decided to get his cousin real good! He took the balloon while his cousin was filling up another one. He chucked it at him... right at the wall between his legs! I bet you can imagine what it looked like after! It was really funny! Then from then on it was all out water balloon war! Except I managed to stay pretty dry while everyone else fought! It was really fun! Water balloon wars always turn out funny like that!

Back