• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny Wonder Trades

ShadowLugia111

Birb Obsessed
    Years
    What are the funniest Pokémon you've received in Wonder/Surprise Trade?

Here are a few gems from my Sword Wonderlocke I fairly recently started. :D

Funny Wonder Trades

Funny Wonder Trades

Funny Wonder Trades

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Well... in Sun and Moon, I received a male Eevee nicknamed "old granny," all in lowercase letters. I don't know if I kept him but his weird nickname makes me laugh to this day, and I can't remember any other as funny as that one.

I gotta say though, the circumstances under which I got a Mimikyu over Sw/Sh Surprise Trade were funny and heartwarming too. After a few failed trades, I closed my eyes, and wished with all my heart to get a Mimikyu to breed so I could go on with my playthrough. When I opened my eyes, there she was - a Japanese Mimikyu! She went on to sire not just Merlin, the Mimi that accompanied me on my first Shield run, but also Mikel, the one that tagged along for my second run. They are now all reunited in my second save file. What an adorable and powerful bloodline they are.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I wish I could say that I received some funny Wonder/Surprise Trades. Instead, I mostly just get Pokémon that are obviously hacked with websites for nicknames.

Years
    i got a shiny moltres via wonder trade once

i mean, it's obviously hacked, but man it's still funny to this day how i was just bored one day, did some wting and that just randomly appeared lmao

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Hm. Cannot think of any good ones. Connected with other people on the same stream of a Wonder Trade playthrough before. Remembers Cotton Candy (Mareep, non-shiny. Turns pink when shiny) and Hugbot 3000 (Stufful). Received some Pokemon back after trading it too (at a completely random time).

ShadowLugia111

Birb Obsessed
    Years
    Well... in Sun and Moon, I received a male Eevee nicknamed "old granny," all in lowercase letters. I don't know if I kept him but his weird nickname makes me laugh to this day, and I can't remember any other as funny as that one.

I gotta say though, the circumstances under which I got a Mimikyu over Sw/Sh Surprise Trade were funny and heartwarming too. After a few failed trades, I closed my eyes, and wished with all my heart to get a Mimikyu to breed so I could go on with my playthrough. When I opened my eyes, there she was - a Japanese Mimikyu! She went on to sire not just Merlin, the Mimi that accompanied me on my first Shield run, but also Mikel, the one that tagged along for my second run. They are now all reunited in my second save file. What an adorable and powerful bloodline they are.

Aw, "old granny". That one's good. xD

That's really sweet that a wonder-traded Pokémon made such an impact. :3

I wish I could say that I received some funny Wonder/Surprise Trades. Instead, I mostly just get Pokémon that are obviously hacked with websites for nicknames.

Yeah, I've had my fair share of those too. I currently have 6 obviously hacked shinies in Sword. I'm on the fence on whether I should give them to someone who doesn't mind that they're hacked, or just release them.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Yeah, I've had my fair share of those too. I currently have 6 obviously hacked shinies in Sword. I'm on the fence on whether I should give them to someone who doesn't mind that they're hacked, or just release them.

I personally recommend that you release them. Especially with the new games coming out soon, you never know when they might have a new ban wave. It's better safe than sorry!

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    i remember i was like 8 and i sent a horsea through wonder trade, i got a darkrai, then i sent a delibird and got my horsea back, safe to say however traded darkrai wasnt happy with what they got lol

Back