• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Bumping this to remind everyone that there will be a trailer tomorrow on the 27th.

We will probably get official names and typings to some of the leaked pokemon.

Cheers for the reminder, almost forgot! Yeah either that or Alola Dugtrio getting officially revealed as well, since it was chilling in the demo.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Cheers for the reminder, almost forgot! Yeah either that or Alola Dugtrio getting officially revealed as well, since it was chilling in the demo.

Aye. I had completely forgotten until I looked at the date today. I am hoping for Dugtrio's Typing the most and of course some of the other stuff.

My main hope though is the second Tapu which I have been predicted to be reveled officially soon, especially after we got the 2nd Kahuna.

Having the names for the other islands would be nice as well.

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Even with all the data mining of the demo, I hope we still get some exciting news tomorrow.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    It'll be interesting to see what they show us tomorrow. We got one month left, plus the stuff we've found out from the datamine(not saying that's necessarily good or bad, I'm just sayin).

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
    Hopefully they will just state the final starter's types. I'm really curious if Rowlet's final evolution will stay Grass/Flying. I also want them to come out and say Litten's final is Fire/Fighting just to rustle people's jimmies.

Years
    Hopefully they will just state the final starter's types. I'm really curious if Rowlet's final evolution will stay Grass/Flying. I also want them to come out and say Litten's final is Fire/Fighting just to rustle people's jimmies.

I think Rowlet's final evolution will stay Grass/Flying since it would feel weird to change a typing of a starter that's been dual-typed from the start, like how Bulbasaur's line stayed Grass/Poison. As for Fire/Fighting haters, there was a leak that mentioned Litten's final evolution would be Fire/Dark and it's based on a heel wrestler which are known to use dirty tricks. Popplio's is probably going to be Water/Fairy since the siren/mermaid design would make Fairy-type fitting.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Just over 30 minutes until the next trailer! I'm really hoping we get to see the abilities, typing and models for the starters final stage evos. 8)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Just over 30 minutes until the next trailer! I'm really hoping we get to see the abilities, typing and models for the starters final stage evos. 8)

Abilities? We've never had starters that don't have Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent right? (Apart from HAs - but then those wouldn't be revealed would they?)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Abilities? We've never had starters that don't have Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent right? (Apart from HAs - but then those wouldn't be revealed would they?)

The HAs aren't usually discovered until later on, but I am still kinda hoping we get to see them alongside the official reveal of the evolutions.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Is there any scheduled news date?

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be. I just browsed the past couple weeks of Serebii and nothing has been said about a website update/trailer or CoroCoro news happening in November. Since we have about 3 weeks left until release, I personally don't see why the should have anymore news. I'm anxious to see what our English tv commercials will look like though.

Years
    If we're not getting any news in November, and we have 81 new Pokemon (this is just new Pokemon and Ultra Beasts only, no Alola Forms) and 63 of them (60 new Pokemon and 3 Ultra Beasts) have currently been officially revealed in trailers.

We have also had 13 Alola Forms officially revealed in a trailer, 14 if you count Alolan Dugtrio's appearance in the demo as an "official" reveal. That pretty much leaves Alolan Diglett and Alolan Geodude line as the only Alolan Forms in the datamine that we haven't seen in official sources yet.

So rounding that up, assuming we get no new trailers until release day, out of the 99 Pokemon (new Pokemon, Ultra Beasts and Alola Forms) we will only have 22 new Pokemon that are left to discover in the games, assuming if no-one saw the datamines.

Years
    Ah yes I forgot about CoroCoro. Pretty sure the 15th is a Tuesday this time around, but what's the bet we won't get much in the way of new info.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    If there is anymore news, I think I'll do my best to avoid it. I made the mistake of not doing so with Gen 5, so those games didn't really come as nice surprises to me.

blue

gucci
    Years
    There's been no push for this month's issue of CoroCoro in regards to S/M news, so I'm not expecting much. We could get some coverage on the final starter evos and what not, but I doubt we'll get any new info.

Years
    Yeah I think TPC has given us most of the info they want us to see and leading up to release I'll be surprised if we get anything major.

Years
    There's been no push for this month's issue of CoroCoro in regards to S/M news, so I'm not expecting much. We could get some coverage on the final starter evos and what not, but I doubt we'll get any new info.

I could see Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina getting an article, but like you said probably no new info other than just a wrap-up of previous news.

So a round-up of the new Pokemon, Alola Forms and Ultra Beasts total below, and how many of them we had officially revealed in trailers up to this point. The number of how many were revealed officially is in brackets

New Pokemon: 81 (60)
    Alola Forms: 18 (14)*
    Ultra Beasts: 8 (3)

*Alolan Dugtrio was not officially revealed in a trailer, but did appear in the demo so I counted it.

Rounding up these numbers looking at the unrevealed stuff the datamine leaked, that leaves 21 new Pokemon, 4 Alola Forms and 5 Ultra Beasts.

Among the 21 new Pokemon whose names we won't know until after release include the evolutions for Pikipek, Crabrawler, Wimpod, Salandit and Morelull, as well as that core thing placed before Solgaleo. And then there's also the anchor, bubble spiders and crown of thorns lines. We kinda worked out who was Marshadow (aka the little black creature with the fiery eyes), but we won't know its true identity for sure until after release. The Alolan Geodude and Diglett line we won't know the type or abilities of until release either.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I feel like if we don't get another news trailer announced soon we probably won't get one. I was thinking the last trailer would be around the 10th at the latest.

Of course I'm expecting some more promotional trailers.

I think there's a decent chance that CoroCoro might officially reveal Alolan Dugtrio (and maybe Alolan Diglett) but I'm not expecting much beyond that.

I'm surprised that it seems like we're not getting pre-release reveals of Pikipeks evolutions though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back