• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm surprised that it seems like we're not getting pre-release reveals of Pikipeks evolutions though.

Yeah I am surprised. We did get Talonflame during XY pre-release as one of of many Pokemon revealed around the time of E3 2013, even if Fairy-type announcement overshadowed it.

I think Pidove's middle evolution (Tranquill) was revealed around BW pre-release as well, but a read through the archives might prove me wrong.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Yeah I am surprised. We did get Talonflame during XY pre-release as one of of many Pokemon revealed around the time of E3 2013, even if Fairy-type announcement overshadowed it.

I think Pidove's middle evolution (Tranquill) was revealed around BW pre-release as well, but a read through the archives might prove me wrong.

I definitely remember Tranquil being shown at like some kind of gaming convention thing where they were showing off Black and White. I remember that's where we got our first looks at Darumaka, Maractus and Boldore too.

Anyways yeah it seems like we won't get any more news until the games come out, other than one last corocoro scan which probably won't show much. 13 days to go though! It's been a fun ride, and while I'm really annoyed that they seemed to show off almost all of the Pokedex and content in the games, it was fun getting all of those news updates, all of the hype was unbelievable and they even managed to make the last announcement hype as hell even after the datamine.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Unless they decide to drop one final trailer in the days leading to the release, then I definitely think we're done for the trailer side of news. We haven't even had a beginning of the month trailer for November!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2016
    Unless they decide to drop one final trailer in the days leading to the release, then I definitely think we're done for the trailer side of news. We haven't even had a beginning of the month trailer for November!
    I really hope so, I'm kind of disappointed with how much they've shown off especially with the last trailer. It was awesome, but all of that should have been left for us to discover on our own. I get they want to hype up the game, but starter final evos and the whole Red and Blue thing would have been better to just leave for us to find out when we have the game in our hands.

Years
    Anyways, let's now compare our final number of pre-release reveals to those of previous generations.

3rd Gen: 37 out of 135
    4th Gen: 30 out of 107
    5th Gen: 52 out of 156
    6th Gen: 42 out of 72
    7th Gen: 60 out of 81

So looking at this, this is actually the biggest number of new Pokemon revealed during pre-release, beating the total for BW pre-release by 8. According to Serebii's Joe Merrick, he says that Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina are the first starter final evolutions revealed before generation launch since the Kanto starters.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I really hope so, I'm kind of disappointed with how much they've shown off especially with the last trailer. It was awesome, but all of that should have been left for us to discover on our own. I get they want to hype up the game, but starter final evos and the whole Red and Blue thing would have been better to just leave for us to find out when we have the game in our hands.

Yeah I agree. imo way too many of the new Pokémon were revealed pre-release which will make the game a bit less exciting. And I get what you mean @ Red & Blue - it was an amazing reveal but would've been so cool to stumble upon it while playing the game - that said it's a massive win for their marketing campaign though so fair enough that they would use it.

On the other hand though they haven't revealed much about the plot which is really good. All we know so far is that it appears to be super big and a huge improvement on XY's plot, and the reveals over the months have raised heaps of questions about the plot which I'm excited to see answered in less than two weeks when we get our hands on the games ;)

blue

gucci
    Years
    With this month's issue of CoroCoro being the last issue to cover Sun & Moon news before the games release, it is probably safe to assume there won't be any future news dates after today. It's been fun discussing the upcoming news content over the last few months, and now we can look forward to the release of the games as we enter the final 7-day stretch!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back