• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that took you a long time to finish?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Not counting games I just never finished, I'd say Crisis Core, because I knew the ending already and I just wanted to delay getting there, so I purposely did every side quest, maxed out my character, and straight up didn't play for a solid few weeks before going to Zack's demise because I was dreading finishing the game lol

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
It toke me about 4 years to finish my pokemon y lol

There might of been games i toke even longer on, though.

I'm not such a fast game finisher. xD I get.....distracted. Maybe part of why also is i'm a more casual gamer :P a casual gamer with a general focus on pokemon, which is kinda refreshingly different from what i have learned about 'casual' gamers as a whole....maybe......

Cid

Years
ocarina of time took me a bit, too. i started playing it in like 8th grade? and i would just play the first three dungeons and get to be an adult and get afraid of the redeads in hyrule castle town and i'd stop. i didn't get the courage to get past that shit until 12th grade, but i did beat it then at least.
Omg I got scared of the ReDeads, too. I don't think I ever finished Ocarina of Time; I have memories of the Water Temple and either the Shadow Temple or the Spirit Temple, but not the end of the game. u_u

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I ran around on Citadel Island and a bugged rainy Desert Island for about a year in Little Big Adventure 2 because it took me that long to figure out that you could run + jump to reach higher and grab the ladder in Tralü's dungeon. Imagine my euphoria when I realized I wasn't even a tenthway into the full game yet.

god its still the best game ever made

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I remember when I first played Shadow of the Colossus, I had literally no idea what I was doing lol. The game doesn't give much information through the gameplay so we kinda need to figure it out on our own. So yeah, my cousin and I would spend ages trying to find out what to do and how to kill the colossi (plus we were very young with little to no knowledge about the english language, so the hints Dormin randomly gives didn't even help most times). I don't even remember how much time it took to beat that game, but it took a lot. I had a pretty good time playing it though, it gives me nostalgia and is still one of my favorites.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Took me about 109 hours for my first playthrough of Persona 5. Wanted to go for a New Game+ after that with subs instead of dubs, but then decided against it since Atlus is eventually releasing Persona 5: The Royal next year. It'd be better to just wait and replay rather than replay the game, THEN experience the first 60% all over again for the third time.

But yeah, other than pokemon which I spent hundreds of hours into, the maximum time it has taken me to finish one playthrough has been Persona 5 most definitely. 109 hours is no joke. XD

Years
Probably a bunch of games because I had the bad habit of getting up to the last boss and then...stopping. So I actually still have a good few games I've played but never actually finished yet because I didn't beat the last boss. If I were to beat them now, well...some of them I started years ago, heh.

But a better example of actually taking a long time to finish at all: the original Dragon Quest game. I played that when I was younger, and it took me years to beat. Not because it was way too hard, but because it was actually kind of boring and I had put it down for a few years. That game is the reason I haven't tried any others in the series since then, although I'm sure they're way better than that one and hopefully I can fix that soon.

Tamaraluv

Tamara luv
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2019
Clive Barker's Jericho, this game is something, sure it is pretty hard and challenging, but main reason why I found it hard to finish was that I got scared, it has really scary monsters and scenarios in it... :O

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 29, 2019
Probably Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate because it took me at least 300 hours to finish HR12.

Back