• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I haven't picked up any Origins cards either :P Probably going to just wait for the game.... Looks like a max of 8 days left!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Gaaaaah Kayla I'm so jealous ><

Doof, if you lived near me we could go split a box or something D:

Ullion

Years
    Nice! The guy in Brantford (I don't usually go to him though) does 5 for $22. Although that is in CDN... so it'd be like 5 for $18ish USD maybe? Still, he does price things high :/

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Either TGC online which you don't need to download stuff

Bidoof FTW

Years
    Personally I don't find packs worth buying unless they're $3 each or less :P

If anything I can just draft for money than buying packs xDD That's what I did for the first Modern Masters and I made some nice profit c:

Sir Codin

A friend of mine just gave me the Player's Guide for Origins.

So far White and Blue are grabbing me this time around. I'm usually into Red, but nothing in Red is really impressing me much this time around.

I'm heading to a draft tournament tomorrow.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    Nice! The guy in Brantford (I don't usually go to him though) does 5 for $22. Although that is in CDN... so it'd be like 5 for $18ish USD maybe? Still, he does price things high :/

that's a high price. i would never go buy cards from a retail place. i've only bought cards retail twice.

Bidoof FTW

Years
    yo yo yo yo the new Magic game is officially on steam.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's bad. There have been intermittent connection issues since launch, there are bugs, there is no way to chat inside of the game (a key mechanic/tool used in team based gamemodes aka Two Headed Giant). You cannot play with friends, no more 4 man free for all lobbies. There is a lack of cards (which we knew was going to happen since the launch card count was released ahead of time) and a lack of new mechanics/gamemodes inside of the game.

People are saying Duels: Origins is somehow worse than DotP: 2015, and that's something that people wouldn't say lightly.

Have any of you guys played it yet? What are your thoughts? Personally I'm going to wait until August for PS4 release and hope it's better by then.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    yo yo yo yo the new Magic game is officially on steam.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's bad. There have been intermittent connection issues since launch, there are bugs, there is no way to chat inside of the game (a key mechanic/tool used in team based gamemodes aka Two Headed Giant). You cannot play with friends, no more 4 man free for all lobbies. There is a lack of cards (which we knew was going to happen since the launch card count was released ahead of time) and a lack of new mechanics/gamemodes inside of the game.

People are saying Duels: Origins is somehow worse than DotP: 2015, and that's something that people wouldn't say lightly.

Have any of you guys played it yet? What are your thoughts? Personally I'm going to wait until August for PS4 release and hope it's better by then.

do you know when the game was launched?
    ugh i hope they fix it. no i havent played it yet.

Years
    I downloaded Magic Duels on the day of release and after waiting an additional couple of weeks for it I couldn't be anymore disappointed in Wizards. I can actually start the game, which is more than some people but I have so many graphical errors it's pretty much unplayable. I can't tell which point of combat I'm in and I can't see which creatures are being blocked.

I can't wait till they send out the update to fix all this so I can actually enjoy myself ):

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    that's weird they havent fixed it yet. i haven't downloaded it because i want them to patch the game hopefully soon.

Ullion

Years
    I was able to connect and play perfectly fine earlier today. Didn't play a whole lot, but everything worked and looked just fine to me o.o

Years
    Ok so Alison from WotC made an announcement on reddit the other day that updates are immanent so I'll finally be able to play hopefully soon! Also everyone who joined on the day gets bonus coins!

Also lets get another discussion going:

be it digital or a paper pack, what is the best pull/set of pulls you've ever gotten?

For me it had to be my Magic Origins prerelease kit. I managed to get a promo liliana, a regular liliana, a nissa and a disciple of the rings.
    Spoiler:

I also managed to get a Languish, Kytheon's Irregulars and a Gilt-Leaf Winnower (as well as a butt ton of removal) which were sooooo bomby in limited

Back