• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] gba compatible x & y roms?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2015
    I have a gba emulator on my phone & havnt been able to play the newer pokemon games but id like to try them out.

Problem is, x & y are for 3ds & my phone is not powerful/fast enough to play a 3ds game via emulator without crashing & freezing or moving extremely slow& i really dont want to go buy a 3ds just for one game.

Is there a hack around that makes x & y playable on the .gba format without altering the storyline or is it not doable?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2015
    Dude thats not doable for like forever since since Gameboy Advance is not the same hardware as the 3DS.

How much do you know about hacking roms?
    I mean im currently playing a hack of fire red modified to include the black & white pokemon. Everythimg in the game is pretty damn close to the way the regular ds games were so it cant be much of a jump from that to 3ds can it?

The entire game has been redone with new regions & everything looks pretty close to 3d.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I mean im currently playing a hack of fire red modified to include the black & white pokemon. Everythimg in the game is pretty damn close to the way the regular ds games were so it cant be much of a jump from that to 3ds can it?

The entire game has been redone with new regions & everything looks pretty close to 3d.

Main problem is the GBa games are NOT compatible with X and Y in any way, shape or form. The GBA games are compatible with the gen 4 games only, in turn, the gen 4 games are compatible with the gen 5 games only, and the gen 5 games are compatible with the gen 6 games only. (and ofcourse, compatible only in terms of transferring pokemon from the older gen to the newer gen) so even with the best emulator out there, you can't skip gens 4 and 5 to get the GBA games to the current gen.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2015
    Main problem is the GBa games are NOT compatible with X and Y in any way, shape or form. The GBA games are compatible with the gen 4 games only, in turn, the gen 4 games are compatible with the gen 5 games only, and the gen 5 games are compatible with the gen 6 games only. (and ofcourse, compatible only in terms of transferring pokemon from the older gen to the newer gen) so even with the best emulator out there, you can't skip gens 4 and 5 to get the GBA games to the current gen.

I see. That kinda sucks :/ im going to have to get a 3ds emulator on my computer & play x & y there then.
    Its.so much more convenient to play on a phone though. Even fits right in your hand better than a gameboy lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I see. That kinda sucks :/ im going to have to get a 3ds emulator on my computer & play x & y there then.
    Its.so much more convenient to play on a phone though. Even fits right in your hand better than a gameboy lol

You know what's even better? Buying the real game and then the pokemon exist in game so every future game you can keep every pokemon you currently have, rather than having to find eumulators all the time ;-)

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years

This thread has been reported.

I think you are just a tad mistaken. The point of this thread, at least to me, is if there was any ROM Hacks, that demake the Sixth Generation of games, into the gba format, we all know. From what I saw, there wasn't any violations to the rules(unless there was some sort of distribution of roms). If this was the case, then any discussion about ROMs, in the forums, would be a violation to the rules. So in my sincere opinion, this thread didn't do a thing wrong. If I'm wrong, please do tell me because I don't see it. I don't want to come off rude. :)

About the question at hand. No, there isn't any avaiable demakes for XY. If there was a demake for XY, it wouldn't have any of things like:
    ● WiFi Battles
    ● PSS and O-Powers
    ● Anything to with the internet
    ● Mega Evolutions

You get the point. So yes, a such thing as an XY demake is doable, but what made XY good, for as little as it was good, in my opinion, would be missing, if not completely absent. Also quick word of advice, DO NOT TRY AND DOWNLOAD 3DS EMULATORS. They are all fraud and malware, and even then, it requires a key to get pass, which requires you to put in personal information and even then, it still doesn't work. DO NOT USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years

I think this sums it up.

I think you are just a tad mistaken. The point of this thread, at least to me, is if there was any ROM Hacks, that demake the Sixth Generation of games, into the gba format, we all know. From what I saw, there wasn't any violations to the rules(unless there was some sort of distribution of roms). If this was the case, then any discussion about ROMs, in the forums, would be a violation to the rules. So in my sincere opinion, this thread didn't do a thing wrong. If I'm wrong, please do tell me because I don't see it. I don't want to come off rude. :)

About the question at hand. No, there isn't any avaiable demakes for XY. If there was a demake for XY, it wouldn't have any of things like:
    ● WiFi Battles
    ● PSS and O-Powers
    ● Anything to with the internet
    ● Mega Evolutions

You get the point. So yes, a such thing as an XY demake is doable, but what made XY good, for as little as it was good, in my opinion, would be missing, if not completely absent. Also quick word of advice, DO NOT TRY AND DOWNLOAD 3DS EMULATORS. They are all fraud and malware, and even then, it requires a key to get pass, which requires you to put in personal information and even then, it still doesn't work. DO NOT USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

While I understand what he was asking about and talking about. In any case he did discuss about a 3DS Emulator. At any rate though it seems he didn't break a rule as this thread was in the wrong section and a mod had to move it.

I still don't understand why people play emulators and take official games and hack them. It's just despicable to me honestly. Can't you afford to buy a system or the game? That's the only excuse I see for it is if you can't afford them or wish to be cheap and save money. If not enjoying the original game is the case then why don't you create your own game from scratch if you don't enjoy a professional developed game.

This is the one thing I never understood about PC. Is it's exception to personal hacked roms. It's still illegal in a way.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    While I understand what he was asking about and talking about. In any case he did discuss about a 3DS Emulator. At any rate though it seems he didn't break a rule as this thread was in the wrong section and a mod had to move it.

I still don't understand why people play emulators and take official games and hack them. It's just despicable to me honestly. Can't you afford to buy a system or the game? That's the only excuse I see for it is if you can't afford them or wish to be cheap and save money. If not enjoying the original game is the case then why don't you create your own game from scratch if you don't enjoy a professional developed game.

This is the one thing I never understood about PC. Is it's exception to personal hacked roms. It's still illegal in a way.

I can see your point on emulators. I personally, do not play any games, I haven't currently owned, before getting an emulator. Even though I am a ROM Hacker, I can tell you I own all the games, I'll ever hack. In a way, it is illegal, but ROM Hacks are a sort of gray lined. If looked down at the bottom of your theme, you can see that

User generated content remains the property of its creator.

So under Pokécommunity, it can be grayed, in the court of law. I don't know, how it works, I'm no lawyer. Actually creating our own game from scratch, is much more, persay, harder. Some fan-made games can be shut down because it is interfering with Nintendo security or something, so making a game without a protected game engine, ia much harder, than scratch.

So I'll just leave it at that and hope you understand what I'm saying :)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years

Lets see shall we?
    GBa:
    1) Uses 2d Sprites

3DS:
    2)Uses 3d like you said so yourself.

Also if your looking for an x/y demake in gba as far as I know there is currently none at work. Also if you even take time to look it up. Making a demake is really difficult so its not as simple as renaming x.3ds to x.gba lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2015
    I think this sums it up.

What i should have said was is there a PATCH for an older gen game that resembles the x & y gameplay & incorporates newer pokemon.

& hacks are fun for one reason: when the original game gets played out, it presents new challenges, different storylines, & often higher difficulty levels as well as tweaks on pokemons stats & movepools.
    Perfect example: ive played all the nintendo released pokemon games up thru diamond & pearl, every single one has one major flaw. Difficulty & the fact you can avoid any strategy all together by simply training a couple pokemon for brute strength & then buying 99 full restores & revives before the elite four.
    after years of playing, ive developed a pattern of gameplay that allows me to completely finish the entire story in 2 days & end with 2 or 3 high level pokemon & the same party almost every time.
    With hacks im forced from that pattern & use more strategy, different combinations of pokemon, & it becomes much more challenging, this also means that it takes much longer to play thru the story which keeps my attention longer than a story i power thru in a day or 2.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

This thread has been reported.

You know you really didn't need to post this crap.

If he's breaking the rules, fine. Report it and let the mods deal with it.

Stating somethings like: "Oh, I reported this thread" is just going to instigate some sort of fight. I don't believe he asked for a rom, He stated that he's going to search for an emulator to play x/y (Which by the way, are in no way legit, and are scams)

Again, if you don't like it fine. The whole Report post/thread button is supposed to be anonymous anyway.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    You know you really didn't need to post this crap.

If he's breaking the rules, fine. Report it and let the mods deal with it.

Stating somethings like: "Oh, I reported this thread" is just going to instigate some sort of fight. I don't believe he asked for a rom, He stated that he's going to search for an emulator to play x/y (Which by the way, are in no way legit, and are scams)

Again, if you don't like it fine. The whole Report post/thread button is supposed to be anonymous anyway.

As I also believe this was discussed already above and dealt with. I don't see the reason to bring it up again. If you wish to discuss it for some reason more than PM or Vm me.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    Rendering stuff in 2d on the gba is doable, so why not get the 3d and render it in 2d? Happy ending, I've proven it's good. Now X/Y is going to take time, but is certainly doable. Animated sprites like B/W/2, doable. So why not get a 3d sprite and 2d it? Seems legit.
    You'd just need some good looks and it'll grab attention. If you sneak your way through stuff like megas through items, it's just another piece of eh. Like most hacks nowadays, don't be ordinary. So X/Y on gba is possible, but it depends on how/what you do with it that counts. But of course, almost none of you will actually try to attempt a working demake. It just takes the ones that really want to. So in reality, wait a long time. That's all I say.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    A 3ds emulator doesn't even exist so... The hardware of a 3ds is much to complicated to emulate, at least nowadays. Emulators don't just run the software of the console but the hardware because the game wont play without it. I keep reading posts about people wanting to play X and Y on their phones or computer and its kinda getting annoying.

Anyways

There are emerald and firered hacks that have 6 gen pokemon and the story of X and Y so people can play it without owning a 3ds.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    A 3ds emulator doesn't even exist so... The hardware of a 3ds is much to complicated to emulate, at least nowadays. Emulators don't just run the software of the console but the hardware because the game wont play without it. I keep reading posts about people wanting to play X and Y on their phones or computer and its kinda getting annoying.

Anyways

There are emerald and firered hacks that have 6 gen pokemon and the story of X and Y so people can play it without owning a 3ds.

Actually
    there are some 3DS emus out there. They just can't emulate the kernel yet, which means they can only run homebrew games. (Or you will need to figure out how to decrypt a rom and encrypt it as a homebrew)

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Actually
    there are some 3DS emus out there. They just can't emulate the kernel yet, which means they can only run homebrew games. (Or you will need to figure out how to decrypt a rom and encrypt it as a homebrew)

Didn't know that, but it doesn't really matter as you can't play 3ds games

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
    Actually

Actually the mains issues are that there's a severe lack of documentation of the 3DS as a whole, so it's difficult to actually emulate stuff. One of the issues is the lack of DSP documentation, which means that sound and other memory/arithmetic functions will not be operational. Not to mention that the 3DS emulators are, in their current state, laggy as crap. As in, just about unusable. Now it's definitely a step forward, but for now we probably aren't going to be getting commercial game emulation for a while. Luckily we have gotten to a point where the entire RomFS is decryptable (and consequently the ExeFS and other bits), so we can actually start making progress in terms of emulation of Pokemon X and Y or other 3DS games. Although IIRC this decryption requires a 4.5 3DS and uses a method of XORPad generation which relies on the commonly used Gateway/User Profile exploit. There's already a few bits of research going around in regards to game resources, like 3D model viewing as seen here:

gba compatible x & y roms?

However, it seems that (unfortunately) no progress has been made in reverse engineering, which kinda makes me sad because I'd very much like to find all those interesting tidbits in the X/Y engine. I might be able to (in the future) try and get my hands on some unencrypted X/Y resources but at the moment I've got nothing.

So basically the issue is that without proper emulator-side decryption, combined with the lack of documentation, a commercial 3DS emulator will be very much unlikely to show up. But, we are getting close, and we might start to see some information in regards to the X/Y resources soon enough.

Back