• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 V18

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
  • Heavy-Duty Boots
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Heavy-Duty Boots
    Spoiler:

Nice work

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    One question, after this compilation, will they update it according to the essential if they release a version or will they stay there?

Awesome work

this will be merged with essentials original branch like a pull request in github, this was written when i created the topic....

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

Years
  • So, I was thinking what about merging this script with Visible Overworld Wild Encounters and the Auto-spawning addon for it as it is a feature given for the present games.

edit: will the catching charm be added into the project?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    So, I was thinking what about merging this script with Visible Overworld Wild Encounters and the Auto-spawning addon for it as it is a feature given for the present games.

edit: will the catching charm be added into the project?

this project only aims to bring pokemons and some items.

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

Years
  • this project only aims to bring pokemons and some items.

I will agree on that, but I still kinda think the catching charm will be a good asset to the project (if you don't mind).
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm gonna add this here, because this isn't 100% how it works on SwSh so it won't be included in project, this is my personal take on milcery evo and how I'll be using it. Whoever likes it can add it:

Spoiler:

Notes:
    In Scene_Map I added an optional && $game_switches[50] to it, if you want the player to only be able to spin... idk after speaking with an npc or so, take out the comments from this chunk and add the switch number you want to use.

Pressing L / R will pop up a menu asking the player if he wants to due a short or long spin. If you press L you'll always do a clockwise spin, if you press R you'll always do a counter clockwise spin.

Evolutions = ALCREMIE,Afterswhirl,1
    This needs to be milcery evo pbs.

the calls for "spinanimation" are customizable, it asks for 3 numbers, the total is the amount of spins the player will do, the number in the middle are slightly faster spins, the 1st and 3rd number (which are set to default as 1) is because the 1st and last spin a player will do he'll slightly slow down. But this is customizable to suit your preferences.

In the end of spin animation there's 3 lines commented out, if you take out comments the player will strike a pose after spinning, that pose will be the graphics for trchar000_3 / trchar001_3.
    If you want to have a diferent pose for a shorter and a longer spin you can also customize that, "mspin" is what makes up most of the spins so:
    Code:
    mpin > 2 ? $Trainer.outfit=3 : $Trainer.outfit=4
    instead of just $Trainer.outfit=3 will allow you to have a diferent graphic for the poses.

6. IMPORTANT
    The numbers I put there need to match YOUR pbs ID of those items, I put mine in comments in the start to help out with this proccess, pbs is key here. Also this might need none / some / a lot of tweaking in your graphics to make alcremie match the right form. (also requires milcery to have same amount of forms as alcremie although they aren't really used)

Example of it working:
    Gen 8 V18

https://freeimage.host/i/spintowin.2CUCMB - oops aparently the gif isn't being loaded

It did not strike a pose cuz I have that commented out since I don't really have a pose... I'm bad at spriting and I disregard graphics related stuff for now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    I don't know if Dragon Darts has been done yet for version 18. But anyways, after 2 days of playing around with the code I think I found a solution that does the following:
    In singles:
    -Hits the enemy twice
    In doubles(triples?):
    -The first hit hits the original target unless it doesn't affect it
    -The second hit hits another enemy on the opposing side unless it doesn't affect it
    -If it doesn't affect an enemy at any point it switches target if any are affected
    -includes all protect moves, two turn attacks,type immunity, ability immunity and accuracy check
    Here is my code, just a warning though it's pretty messy:
    Spoiler:

If you encounter any problems with this(which is pretty likely) or you know a way to simplify this be sure to answer me.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    been a long day for me, but tomorrow i'll test it properly, this was the last thing that needed to be coded ^^
    it looks good tho, i'm feeling optimistic

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    I don't know if Dragon Darts has been done yet for version 18. But anyways, after 2 days of playing around with the code I think I found a solution that does the following:
    In singles:
    -Hits the enemy twice
    In doubles(triples?):
    -The first hit hits the original target unless it doesn't affect it
    -The second hit hits another enemy on the opposing side unless it doesn't affect it
    -If it doesn't affect an enemy at any point it switches target if any are affected
    -includes all protect moves, two turn attacks,type immunity, ability immunity and accuracy check
    Here is my code, just a warning though it's pretty messy:
    Spoiler:

If you encounter any problems with this(which is pretty likely) or you know a way to simplify this be sure to answer me.

congratulations, you are the savior of this project!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    https://workupload.com/start/sHHSjFBdnYW

As I added and tested everything I registered them in notepad++ to backtrack if any error occur, this should allow people to add everything that was made here, I kept these files for backtrack (and in case a very radical new version of v18 coming, to be abble to add everything again) so maybe the instructions could be more clear, or if there's a credit missing look on pastebin to see who did what.

It's not plug and play but everything's there, except for dragon darts that you'll find 3 or 4 posts before this one.

What is the point of this. Isn't using GitHub already making the Gen 8 Stuff plug and play?

This would have been useful if KyureJL didn't reupload the GitHub link.

Also by doing this you're actively telling people to not use GitHub. Which is a bad idea because all updates to the Gen 8 repo are gonna be made on GitHub

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What is the point of this. Isn't using GitHub already making the Gen 8 Stuff plug and play?

This would have been useful if KyureJL didn't reupload the GitHub link.

Also by doing this you're actively telling people to not use GitHub. Which is a bad idea because all updates to the Gen 8 repo are gonna be made on GitHub

already deleted but can't help myself from commenting this obscenity
    1. i didn't know he had already restored the github
    2. well i deleted so it's not like ppl can see now, but nothing in the post was telling anyone to not use github (let alone "ACTIVELY telling"), i did it with best intentions and even with github i can think of a couple scenarios where it would be useful to know exactly which changes were tied to each move / ability / etc

anyway I'm glad I saw your post, it emphasized something I often choose to disregard when I'm trying to help other people out

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2022
    I report a small problem with Tar Shot: that the effective damage increase in Rock type does not work, can help me how to fix it or what is missing to add

Back