• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen4 remake speculation

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm torn. I'd like to see remakes because I really enjoyed Sinnoh and I'm fine with just a remake for aesthetics and little other additions. On the other hand I'm worried because I don't care for the changes I've seen in the latest games. That's why I'm hoping for the bare minimum and only the bare minimum. I will say I've enjoyed each remake so far so maybe I shouldn't be so apprehensive, but ehh...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Okay, honestly? Considering the stark lack of Sinnoh Pokemon in the Galar Pokedex, I honestly think it'd be good to give Sinnoh a remake. I believe Sinnoh had the least representation in the Galar dex, and honestly, thinking about that, I'm wondering if Game Freak is saving the rest of the Sinnoh Pokemon for the "inevitable" Sinnoh remakes.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them. I'd really want them much more than a Let's Go Johto series. We haven't seen Sinnoh in almost 14 years now. That feels like such a long time ago. I don't know how good the Sinnoh games would be on the Switch, but I doubt they'd have to do much work on them. They could just use the models of the trainers from Pokemon Masters. Maybe if there IS Sinnoh Remakes, Arceus will finally be made legitimately available without events, kind of like Deoxys in the Delta Episode.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I hope they wait a few years. It feels like the remakes are coming out at a pace where it will catch up with the new games. After potential Sinnoh remakes, it would be one generation away from X/Y remakes.

The newer games aren't graphically impressive at all, in my opinion. They aren't bad, but personally I wouldn't end up excited over a remake. Especially since the DS games have aged pretty well. One could also say that if they update Sinnoh, it's also time to update Johto because those remakes happened with DS graphics.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If they are going to do it the way they did recent games then I hope that they at least include the original 493 mons in Dex and megas + maybe a few others like type null and ultra beasts. Battle Frontier from Platinum should be there. They didn't include it in ORAS so they should learn their lesson already. Also replace the HM's with some ride mechanic and add back the option of turning off exp. share. Accessing boxes everywhere is kinda broken too since it allows you to heal whole party anytime so you don't even need to bother with Pokemon centre or camping/Amie or whatever. This mechanic of link box should be cut.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I hope they wait a few years.

I completely agree. If they would wait a few years, it would give the time to work, think, develop and not rush the game. If they decide to bring the Sinnoh remakes next year, it will be trouble, at least in my opinion. Sword and Shield are not bad from what I've seen, but they could have been one of the, if not the best games, had they not been rushed.

But then it would be nice to see how they deal with the Distortion world, Route 216 and 217, and Sunnyshore city, because these are nice places with unique designs. Also the marshes in Pastoria would be fun to look at.

One unpopular opinion of mine though: I guess GF took a big leap by turning Pokemon into 3d. This can be wrong, considering that they had made Colosseum and XD. I did not play those games so I might not know. I thought something like Black and White would be good enoug. And Haxous looks werid in 3d

And the comment above this one is agreeable as well. Battle Frontier please!

Last edited:
    Back