• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Ah, yes, it's good to be back. But, unfortunately, no RolePlays are open at the moment. Sad, indeed.

Anyway, good to see my lovely, fellow RPers. I do hope to actually join an RP for a change.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, yes, it's good to be back. But, unfortunately, no RolePlays are open at the moment. Sad, indeed.

Anyway, good to see my lovely, fellow RPers. I do hope to actually join an RP for a change.
    Welcome back! Have you checked the last new RPs? I believe some spots should be open, even if my own HP RP is filling up now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I only saw the Harry Potter RP having openings. But, I'm not that big of a Harry Potter fan. =/ My apologies.

Anyway, thank you. What other new RPs sprung up?
    Apart from skimming through the Check To See thread, you can look at the splash banner in the Roleplay Lounge's index where the three newest RPs are listed. You should also be able to check the RP Library, if it's updated ;)

Years
    Just jumping on the bandwagon

Fragmented has a few open spots that could be filled too
    Plus i have some new RPS on the way xD

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
    I'm back, baby! And I'm dandier than ever! I had some soul searching to do. You know, typical angsty high-schooler stuff, but all that's behind me now! I apologize for the disappearance, and I'll make it up to all of you! I promise, baby!

-Stay Dandy, baby!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    There has been a small rules update.

Spoiler:

Hope this suits everyone :) Any questions feel free to PM one of us~

Years
    Those look like pretty good revisions actually.
    That first one in particular will make it much easier to keep RPs alive.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So ey guys! What is your favorite RP that is active now, that you are a part of? Do you have some favorite among the ones that you are not part of?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    So ey guys! What is your favorite RP that is active now, that you are a part of? Do you have some favorite among the ones that you are not part of?
    Hmm... I'd say either Odyssey or Sekirei; maybe Odyssey a little more, but yeh, they're both up there. As for any favorites that I'm not part of... I tend to try not to look at other RPs when my load is full, otherwise I might be tempted to join and end up overlooking myself XD But I did glance at Lunea's Veil and it seemed pretty interesting.

Years
    That I'm part of right now?

That's a tricky one really, but I'd have to say One Piece. There's just something about that RP that makes it all come together. All the characters are great - including NPCs - and the plots are fantastic too. Not to mention all of us players seem to get along really well and work well together.

Yokai Academy and Hogwarts are both excellent too but one has slowed down a lot and the other is just getting going so I find it hard to put them quite up at the same level right now even though I love them both. Fragmented is great too but I'm probably biased there ;)

I haven't really looked into the other RPs much lately I must admit.

Reactions: SV

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years

That feeling you get when just this morning, you finally find an RP that's OPEN (and you want to join) that opened an hour-and-a-half ago. Then, you click on it and it's already full.

No, but seriously, Voyage Grandeur looks pretty cool. Also, I would've LOVED to have been part of "The Demon Pact."

Years
    Hai people! I just joined the forum I was really interested in role-playing but I don't have any experince of role-playing, I have read many guides in this forum so I know a little bit. Hope that maybe had a newbie-friendly active roleplay out there, suggestions?

Thanks for the help, hope to see you guys around and role-playing​

Years
    @Air - Welcome to the RPC! I'll skip recommending you read the rules and all that since you already have.

I think you will find that most of the RPs here are pretty friendly to newer RPers since we are all aware that everyone had to start somewhere. We're a pretty easy-going and considerate community here and more than anything aim to help you improve and be included as opposed to other places on the internet that aren't as newbie friendly.

To find roleplays you might like to join you simply need to have a look at the banner at the top of the roleplay lounge, it displays all the recently made RPs that are still likely to have room. You could also check out the Roleplay Library which is hopefully up to date contains a list of all active roleplays and categorises them for your convenience. Otherwise you can just trawl through the lounge and see if anything interests you by reading the first post in each thread.

If at any point you're in doubt you are welcome to drop me a VM/PM or of course to talk to one of this sections three wonderful mods. I can't say anything for anyone else, but generally we're all pretty safe to seek advice from.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hai people! I just joined the forum I was really interested in role-playing but I don't have any experince of role-playing, I have read many guides in this forum so I know a little bit. Hope that maybe had a newbie-friendly active roleplay out there, suggestions?

Thanks for the help, hope to see you guys around and role-playing​
    Yep, welcome! gimmepie's suggestion are awesome, so follow them and you should hopefully find something to join. And throw me a message if there's ever anything you wonder about how we do RPing here or about the forums in general or about whatever. I don't bite :3 and neither do most RPers here.

Years
    I often find myself thinking that the plots and/or premises for a lot of these RPs, pokemon or otherwise, would be amazing to watch as TV shows or movies. Are there any in particular that have given you this vibe?

On another note, I'm looking for some help with a bit of CSS for a new RP that SV and I have planned out. I can do it myself in a crunch but thought I'd see if anyone with a bit more skill would mind helping us out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I often find myself thinking that the plots and/or premises for a lot of these RPs, pokemon or otherwise, would be amazing to watch as TV shows or movies. Are there any in particular that have given you this vibe?

On another note, I'm looking for some help with a bit of CSS for a new RP that SV and I have planned out. I can do it myself in a crunch but thought I'd see if anyone with a bit more skill would mind helping us out.
    Yep. Atlantis Arising/Awakening! But revlis and Skymin are well aware of that ;)

I can poke at css if you want but I'm nowhere near a master. I know Wobbu and Peitharchia know quite a bit of coding though! Ask them for a favor?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back