• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v18 and v18.1 (Scripts, PBS and More)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    How do i make it so that my pokemon can mega evolve in battle?

Just paste this in new script section above main

Spoiler:
    You can name the section gen 8

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Hello, sorry to bother you, but could you tell me who made the mega evolution script? im planning on crediting them if i release my game

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Hello, sorry to bother you, but could you tell me who made the mega evolution script? im planning on crediting them if i release my game

It's from Golisopod-User, see this post.

Try with mine :
    Spoiler:

but I don't know how to make Charizard and mewtwo mega method

This is hard-coded stuff for a thing the PBS file already does.
    If you wrote this to solve the bug, delete it and use the abovementioned bug fix instead.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2021
    This is because you used v18.1, with a PBS file defined for the Gen 8 project. :)

Hi this might be dumb, but do you mind explaining this? I'm getting the same error , but I thought this is for v18.1, isn't it?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Hi this might be dumb, but do you mind explaining this? I'm getting the same error , but I thought this is for v18.1, isn't it?

Well, this is because Pokémon Essentials has a terrible management of versions (in the sense that it has none). Several versions of Essentials live together and are incompatible together: v17.2, v18, v18.1 and the Gen 8 project. When v18.2 comes out, it will be another new version.
    The Generation 8 project is a slightly more advanced version of v18.1. It contains some bugfixes, some new features; e.g. some evolution methods. Evolution methods appear in the PBS file. So if you use a PBS file made for the Gen 8 project, chances are it will need some features that are not in v18.1.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2021
    Well, this is because Pokémon Essentials has a terrible management of versions (in the sense that it has none). Several versions of Essentials live together and are incompatible together: v17.2, v18, v18.1 and the Gen 8 project. When v18.2 will come out, it will be another new version.
    The Generation 8 project is a slightly more advanced version of v18.1. It contains some bugfixes, some new features; e.g. some evolution methods. Evolution methods appear in the PBS file. So if you use a PBS file made for the Gen 8 project, chances are it will need some features that are not in v18.1.

Ah ok so I just need to use this as my base. Thank you

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi! So, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but with this resource, weather effects like Sandstorm and Hail no longer damage Pokemon over time like they're supposed to (and no, it's not just because my Pokemon and opponent are the right type, because I tried this with a Pikachu and Rattata, and neither of them took damage from the Sandstorm)

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I have problem v18.1 I got this error
    Generation 8 Project for Essentials v18 and v18.1 (Scripts, PBS and More)

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Hi! So, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but with this resource, weather effects like Sandstorm and Hail no longer damage Pokemon over time like they're supposed to (and no, it's not just because my Pokemon and opponent are the right type, because I tried this with a Pikachu and Rattata, and neither of them took damage from the Sandstorm)

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Can you help with auto spawn script it not working

Autospawn means like Pokemon spawning in wild? Automatically. which version using?

Also Tell me more information about Autospawning. is there is any script for it. I m not coder btw but I will try i will fix or not

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back