• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v18 and v18.1 (Scripts, PBS and More)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Autospawn means like Pokemon spawning in wild? Automatically. which version using?

Also Tell me more information about Autospawning. is there is any script for it. I m not coder btw but I will try i will fix or not

V18.0.6
    Add on for it

Years
    Hi! So, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but with this resource, weather effects like Sandstorm and Hail no longer damage Pokemon over time like they're supposed to (and no, it's not just because my Pokemon and opponent are the right type, because I tried this with a Pikachu and Rattata, and neither of them took damage from the Sandstorm)

I have the same problem with basic Essentials V18.1+Gen 8 project. Weather's damage don't work, but Sunny Day + Solar Beam work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    Funny. After 2 weeks of using 18.1 + gen 8 project + ZUD I came across the same issue. Tried to figure it out by start testing from the beginning. It worked in a clean 18.1. After pasting gen 8 project, it stopped working. While comparing some lines in the Battle_Phase_EndOfRound section for both clean 18.1 and gen 8 proj, I saw this bit of code that wasn't present in a clean 18.1:
    Spoiler:

This code makes sure that ONLY ICE BODY users will get damaged by sandstorm, and behaves correctly if a poke has the Ice Body ability.
    I have very little coding experience, but I think I've found a "probably not very efficient" way to fix it (but it works, I hope)
    I tested it with no Ice types (got damaged by both sandstorm and hail), Ice types (damaged by sandstorm only) and an Ice Body user (damaged by sandstorm and healed by hail)

Spoiler:

Hope it works on you guys too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    Thank you for your help PKLetsGoSuk5. After this post I looked in to the code and compared both versions. The Ice Body code there isn't necessary.
    In BattleHandlers_Abilities section is a already working code for this ability.

I think the best option is to replace the code in Battle_Phase_EndOfRound with the origional one:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    After Sunny Day is used, Solar Beam and Solar Blade attack immediately after charging up, which is normal. However, on a new turn, I don't get to pick a move and Solar Beam gets executed again. Maybe the "it's sunny day?" Condition makes the "charging" Script to allow solar beam to be executed immediately, but the "using move after charging" Script isn't included in the "sunny day" Condition, so it gets executed again. IDK please help.

EDIT:

Spoiler:

This is a quick fix that I tested with Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Fly (2 turn semi-invulnerability move unrelated to Sunny Day) and Skull Bash (2 turn move unrelated to Sunny Day).
    These moves were tested with both Sunny weather and no weather.

I have no idea what coding issues this might bring up (I think none), and I hope your PC doesn't overheat with Sunny day. Again, it's just a temporary fix, as I'm a noob at coding.

EDIT: Found a new bug. Using a battle item (ex: xAttack) on a pokemon with that stat maxed opens the party screen, and if I choose another Pokemon it gives an error:

Spoiler:

Within the same issue, if a battle item is used in a double battle and I choose the boost the pokemon on the right, it ends up boosting the right side enemy.

Spoiler:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    <SNIPPED>

Your solution for Solar Beam and Solar Blade is valid.

As for X-Attack, I don't have this issue. I cannot use the item on a maxed-out Pokémon, and it does bring me to the party screen, but it doesn't let me use the item on any Pokémon in the screen (I have a Github-updated version of Essentials).
    Can you post the code of the function "pbBattleItemCanRaiseStat?" ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    PItem_Items

Spoiler:

xAttack as an example:

PItem_BattleItemEffects

First xAttack:

Spoiler:

Last xAttack:

Spoiler:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    I see no error.
    What about the function:
    Code:
    def pbUseItemOnPokemon(item,idxParty,userBattler)
    ?
    (the one in Battle_Action_UseItem, or in BattleScript_Main if you use Mid-Battle Dialogue)

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    No Mid-Battle Dialogue here.

Battle_Action_UseItem

Spoiler:

I'll see if there's something out of place at items.txt

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm on github exploring the last month updates. I'll see if I can fix it. I'll edit once again if I get it working.
    I don't see any difference in the functions that the error mentions.

Can you replicate the bug?
    Or maybe can you add more details?
    If you can replicate the bug, go to Battle_Phase_Command, add this line
    Code:
            pbMessage(_INTL("idxBattler={1}, idxPkmn={2}, pkmn={3}, battler={4}", idxBattler, idxPkmn, pkmn, battler)) if !pkmn
    above this line:
    Code:
            next false if !pbCanUseItemOnPokemon?(item,pkmn,battler,itemScene)
    Screenshot when this message appears.

I also tested your issue in double battle and the right Pokémon is boosted... The same line should also give more information.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    I'm on github exploring the last month updates. I'll see if I can fix it. I'll edit once again if I get it working.
    Forget that I said that. I'm just getting really confused. I have no problem at all with the clean Essentials 18.1. Problem starts at Gen 8 Project. A few days ago I asked about this error on the "Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 18.1" thead because while I was testing if the bug occurred on a clean Essentials I also had no idea I was using a Gen 8 project version under my nose (my bad). Then I found out my mistake. I downloaded Essentials again and it was working with no problems at all. I deleted my post on the "Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 18.1" and posted here instead. So this problem is Gen 8 only and I'm trying to find a solution through github in the most recent updates. I know a clean update will be unlikely to fix a Gen 8 because of some code mismatch, but it's better than waiting.

Here's the screenshot:

*screenshot is gone?

The code I have been pasting on demand is the Gen 8 project code, which is identical to the Essentials 18.1

EDIT:

Okay it's absoutely fixed!! Gen 8 Project just needed a little of Essentials update! I don't know if I can paste external links here, but let me know if I can't and please delete it if that's so.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    EDIT:

Okay it's absoutely fixed!! Gen 8 Project just needed a little of Essentials update! I don't know if I can paste external links here, but let me know if I can't and please delete it if that's so.

Spoiler:

This is exactly why I am using the Github's version of Essentials :D

OverusedNameHere

Head Dev - Pokémon Throne
    Years
    Hello, I've installed the project. Wonderful work. For my game, I'd like to double the size of the back sprites but only in battle (which i'd have to assume would have to do with scripting). Does anyone know how to do this? I know it was simple in EBS but that was back in v17.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, I've installed the project. Wonderful work. For my game, I'd like to double the size of the back sprites but only in battle (which i'd have to assume would have to do with scripting). Does anyone know how to do this? I know it was simple in EBS but that was back in v17.

In the script PokeBattle_SceneElements, in the class:
    Code:
    class PokemonBattlerSprite < RPG::Sprite
    in the function:
    Code:
      def setPokemonBitmap(pkmn,back=false)
    at the end, add:
    Code:
        if back
          self.zoom_x = 2
          self.zoom_y = 2
        end
    Also, in the function:
    Code:
      def update(frameCounter=0)
    before the line:
    Code:
    self.visible = @spriteVisible
    paste the same code.
    It should do the job ^^

OverusedNameHere

Years
    Code:
    in the function:
    Code:
    at the end, add:
    Code:
        if back
          self.zoom_x = 2
          self.zoom_y = 2
        end
    Also, in the function:
    Code:
    before the line:
    Code:
    paste the same code.
    It should do the job ^^

I'm not the best at scripting but I'm trying by best ;-;
    Any idea what this means?

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v18 and v18.1 (Scripts, PBS and More)

https://app.photobucket.com/u/AslanRoars/p/c3e2f53a-9ff3-4615-a4a6-9082a8851c71

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Ah well, thanks for trying tho! Anyone else know how to possibly double the size of the back sprites?

Actually, there is little to change ^^
    Code:
    in the function:
    Code:
    at the end, add:
    Code:
        @back = back 
        if @back 
          self.zoom_x = 2
          self.zoom_y = 2
        end
    Also, in the function:
    Code:
    before the line:
    Code:
    paste this:
    Code:
        if @back 
          self.zoom_x = 2
          self.zoom_y = 2
        end
    It should do the job ^^

OverusedNameHere

Years
    Actually, there is little to change ^^
    Code:
    in the function:
    Code:
    at the end, add:
    Code:
        @back = back 
        if @back 
          self.zoom_x = 2
          self.zoom_y = 2
        end
    Also, in the function:
    Code:
    before the line:
    Code:
    paste this:
    Code:
        if @back 
          self.zoom_x = 2
          self.zoom_y = 2
        end
    It should do the job ^^

OMG YES! TYSM!

...I tested it and the animations are still half the size. I also found that when any animation gets used in the battle, the sprite shrinks back to its original size. I'm sorry for putting you through all this, but I found a post from 2013 (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304456) where at the end a user called Minorthreat0987 is trying to do the same thing I did. Maruno said it'd be better to just half the size of the backsprites in the Pokédex (which idek how to do) and manually make all the backsprites double their original size (which idk how to do in bulk). So here I am with your advice, which again thank you for going out of your way, and my game looks like its having a seizure every time the opposing Bublasaur uses Vine Whip. Do you have any advice as to how I could a). Resize my back sprites in bulk and half their size in the Pokédex or b). make the animations bigger and not turn the sprites back to 100% size again? Thank you so much you've been an incredible help so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back